Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

in need of a tune

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in need of a tune

hey guys i just got my evo running again, im trying to get the old gas outta the tank to get it to run better, but im in need of a tune. i live in Fargo, nd and was wondering if anyone on here knows of a good tuning shop near Minneapolis/st.paul, mn? and by good shop i mean not some dude who just got out of school who thinks he can tune a car, been down that road. im wondering how much it will cost and how long it will take? and if u've been to the shop tell me about ur experience with them? good customer service?? thank you again for ur help guys
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

depends if its a flash, road tune, dyno tune, etc. first time base tune on a dyno is usually ~$400

you'll probably have better luck finding a local tuner in the regional forums.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Well, that a ways, you can drive out to Mellon in St. Luis. or of course to Chicago which is a mecca of Evo tuners and everyone has a preference. Don't know anyone up the way that far that works on them and tunes them. Sorry bud.

-Mark
Old Aug 4, 2011, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by APM Racing
Well, that a ways, you can drive out to Mellon in St. Luis. or of course to Chicago which is a mecca of Evo tuners and everyone has a preference. Don't know anyone up the way that far that works on them and tunes them. Sorry bud.

-Mark
thanks for the mention Mark..I will be going to St. Louis a couple of times a year to support the guys there and the midwest evo bash in Kansas which is coming up soon. I'm actually based out of the Memphis, TN area
Old Aug 4, 2011, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MAP is in Plymouth MN and they do tuning. I've never heard much about their tuning services good or bad but they make a lot of very nice parts so I'm guessing they know what they're doing. Here's their website:

http://www.maperformance.com/
Old Aug 5, 2011, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mellon Racing
thanks for the mention Mark..I will be going to St. Louis a couple of times a year to support the guys there and the midwest evo bash in Kansas which is coming up soon. I'm actually based out of the Memphis, TN area
Oh look at that, Memphis, had no idea. Yeah, it'll be a pleasure to meet you face to face at the bash this year, we'll be down there as well. No problem with the name drop, I thought you might be closer than the few others I know doing GOOD tuning .

-Mark
Old Aug 8, 2011, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian0611
MAP is in Plymouth MN and they do tuning. I've never heard much about their tuning services good or bad but they make a lot of very nice parts so I'm guessing they know what they're doing. Here's their website:

http://www.maperformance.com/
Thanks for the referral, and we're tuning Evo's everyday up here OP: Shoot an email to jordan@maperformance.com and he can get you all the information you would ever want!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Thanks for the referral, and we're tuning Evo's everyday up here OP: Shoot an email to jordan@maperformance.com and he can get you all the information you would ever want!

Hey no problem Did someone say discount?!!