Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Evo Stolen this morning!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I know the guy with the yellow evo real well!!
Grew up with the Adeel(who owns the supra) , Suhails older brother(yellow evo owner).

This is crazy, a bunch of evo's being stolen around the area all the time!!!!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Maybe because its your **** getting stolen?????????

I dont care if I got a 30k check, if mine got stolen. Id still be pissed about it. If its not a big deal to you, just give me your evo then, and take the check from the insurance.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hoof hearted
I just can't for the life of me figure this out.....
Why is it such a big deal if your car gets ripped?
This is not a sarcastic question whatsoever.
Personally I could care less if my car gets stolen while I'm out somewhere.
I have comprehensive (theft) insurance though and Allstate will either replace my car with a comparable vehicle or cut me a check. I have ALL my receipts for the mods on my car (no aftermarket stereo--- they will not pay for that anyway).

I'd love to have a check as it would probably be for more than I could sell it for on the street!

Input?
not to be rude, but that just made you look pretty silly

thats like saying "i dont mind if burglars break into my house and steal everything, i dont see what the big deal is, i have insurance"

You dont know if those guys may come back and come for more inside the house and harm the family.

on another note, a lot of guys with evo's have a lot of work put in, mostly done on our own. no one paid for our labor and its time that is just gone down the drain. An Evo to owners like me are worth more than just money when you put in countless hours of hard work and time.

Plus its never fun dealing with insurance and going through all that hassle
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Agreed^^^ but sorry to hear this man, hopefully you get the car back soon in one piece.
I don't even know what I would do if I was in your situation
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear! Bastards! I wish you the best of luck!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
What heartbreak. OP, I hope you get your Evo back soon and in good shape!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:28 AM

[quote=FX11;9621420]not to be rude, but that just made you look pretty silly

thats like saying "i dont mind if burglars break into my house and steal everything, i dont see what the big deal is, i have insurance"

You dont know if those guys may come back and come for more inside the house and harm the family.

on another note, a lot of guys with evo's have a lot of work put in, mostly done on our own. no one paid for our labor and its time that is just gone down the drain. An Evo to owners like me are worth more than just money when you put in countless hours of hard work and time.

Plus its never fun dealing with insurance and going through all that hassle[/quote

Alright... I'm silly.

I'm not gonna hijack this thread from the OP.

I feel badly for you and if you were not adequately insured for your loss very sorry.

The lesson the OP is helping us all to learn here is to call your agent and see if you need to change/improve coverage for theft. Today.

Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:37 AM

Last edited by pcload1etter; Jun 9, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:51 PM

Thanks for the support all...

The car was fully insured, and if it isn't found, I'll get a check from my Ins. Company... but that isn't the point. I spent a lot of time on that car - too much time spent for someone to just come and make it all pointless.

And the Insurance will give me a check, but won't compensate me for the majority of the aftermarket stuff done to it. Blue book/NADA value doesn't cover what I had in that car. Aside from the fact that I have to wait 30 days before they even talk about giving me a check.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry Bro. God forbid I catch one of these F@*KR$
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marmaduke
Thanks for the support all...

The car was fully insured, and if it isn't found, I'll get a check from my Ins. Company... but that isn't the point. I spent a lot of time on that car - too much time spent for someone to just come and make it all pointless.

And the Insurance will give me a check, but won't compensate me for the majority of the aftermarket stuff done to it. Blue book/NADA value doesn't cover what I had in that car. Aside from the fact that I have to wait 30 days before they even talk about giving me a check.

Pm'd you .. call me.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:03 PM

DAMN! what is going on? it was calm with the theft for a little and now back to it?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

mine was stolen last month and found a half an hour away with the donut on, no battery, cracked front and rear bumpers, and some keymarks. and the worst part was i had it uninsured in my mothers garage at the time so now i have to fix it all out of pocket.

im sure the clutch is toast too, not looking forward to dealing with this but i may just work on it little by little over winter and come out with a beast next summer
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Wow man, I am sorry to hear about this. It seems like Chicago and it's surrounding area is a rough place to own an Evo because it seems like Evos are being stolen there frequently. Good luck in getting this resolved!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hoof hearted
I just can't for the life of me figure this out.....
Why is it such a big deal if your car gets ripped?
This is not a sarcastic question whatsoever.
Personally I could care less if my car gets stolen while I'm out somewhere.
I have comprehensive (theft) insurance though and Allstate will either replace my car with a comparable vehicle or cut me a check. I have ALL my receipts for the mods on my car (no aftermarket stereo--- they will not pay for that anyway).

I'd love to have a check as it would probably be for more than I could sell it for on the street!

Input?
it's principal...the feeling of a low-life taking something from you that you've worked hard for is a slap in the face.

maybe you don't own a nice/clean evo. if you would, you wouldn't think twice about getting a different one. it's headache and time consuming shopping for a replacement. there are plenty of evo's out there, but the amount of unmolested cars out there is narrowing.

good luck man, although i hope they just cut you a check. finding a torn up car isn't fun. i have "the club" lol, it might take them a little longer to get into mine.

Quick Reply: Evo Stolen this morning!!!