Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by revvin9k
Lily03, with all due respect. TRUST me when I tell you I did what I can do to aid the people whose Evo's were stolen. In fact, there was a group of us all trying to help catch these guys. Like me, some of them helping never had their Evos stolen.

I went as far as to meet some of the accused in all of this in the start. There is so much more to all of this it's surreal.

And again, not smashing you for it at all but, All kinds of races steal Evo's. I will re assure you it is not just Mexicans.
revvin9k, I know this is bigger then any one person or group can take down by themselves. I know this is bigger then many can even wrap their heads around. But I am personally sick of all these Evo's being stolen and their owners wondering what they could have done to possibly prevent it from happening. Hence this post.

I know that when the police put one group in jail another comes out from the cracks and starts the drama all over again. That's just life and theres unfortunately nothing we can do about it. And I agree it is and has not just been the Mexicans who steal Evo's. This is a given since back in the day there were Polish and Albanian guys stealing Evo's.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

I do hope you people know there is more than just Mexicans right. I believe the correct term would be Hispanic since some people from other parts of the country may take this offensively.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

yea no dout man. Good luck to you guys out there remember stay 2 steps ahead.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rhd-jon
Gps snitch is a good thing to get zoomback is also a good thing to get o and low jack is another good thing to have.
Tilt sensor connected to your alarm, battery back up and Hella air horns are another thing to have. Living here in Nyc
we deal with a lot of theft as any other state in the USA so my advise is take out ur pos stock alarm and spend your
money on a good alarm not kool wheels.
Zoomback sucked for myself. Had a nice, clean EM1 and decided to try Zoomback instead of investing $1k on lo-Jack. Wasted my time. Not so much money invested thank God.

POS would never get service. I'm in North TX and It would always give me a few mile radious of where the car was. May be different in the Chicago area but they work off T-mobiles towers.

I can see a 2-way alarm being good. You just have to be on top of your keychain to see if it goes off for a split second. I can see this getting very annoying too thou.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what i would do if i had the time and lived in Chicago.

I would set up a Sting operation. Set up an Evo with survillance and all other goodies and watch it. When someone steals it and take it where ever they would be recored and trailed and arrested or Just plain SHOT if it was up too me. I have seen those Bait car shows and that seems to work petty good. So if these guy are stealling ONLY Evos then set up an evo sting! Get all the info from a good source about where these evos have been stolen and set it up in a area that is know to get your car stolen. If the theives read this post, Yea bit*h3$ yal lucky im in chicago, id turn punisher on yal a$$!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Lily03, I understand completely. It is nothing short of aggravating. I don't go to meets, I work on my own car at work, and garage her. If she comes up missing, I did all I could to keep her. But if I caught them in the act, I'm going to jail for sure.

All we can do is keep our eyes out. And I am sure they troll these boards.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Now thiefs have connections with tow trucks and junkyards. No matter what you do, alarms,LO jack etc.. If they want something they're gonna get it no matter what it takes. Don't park the car outside. Simple. I learned the hard way when I had a built Dsm in the Chicago area stolen. I had a 2 way pager alarm and a hidden kill switch. That didn't stop them one bit. It was a total loss on my end. Now I wouldn't park my Evo outside what so ever no matter where I'm at. I don't care If they're Mexican, black, white, brown, it doesn't matter what race they are. S**T is gonna get stolen and the race doesn't mean a damn thing. I keep my Evo In the garage at all times.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Just for the record, a car in the garage is not always safe either. The black IX that was stolen at
5am this morning had his car within a fenced in driveway. The theives broke the fence/ gate to get the Evo.

Oh and they have stolen Evo while people where at work, so you can't always have control of the area or situation.

There is only so much we can do to protect ourselves and our cars. I am just trying to help as much as possible because I know what the aftermath can do tearing someone apart.

Revvin9k I am glad we can see eye to eye and not be against each other. I'm right there with you... If anyone ever comes after my Evo... I'll kill them.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:40 PM

to be honest even if its in a garage if they want it theyll get it my buddies drag acura integra made 680whp was stolen out of his garage while he was at work the car was never driven on the street and he brought it out once this year to gld it was stolen the following week!! so no matter where your at if a theif sees something they want theyll find a way to get it

and whats even more ridiculous about my buddies car was that it was parked in his third car garage which had a non running vehicle parked outside in front of the garage and they put his car on dollies to slide it over to the two car garage to push it out so again if they want it theyll get it!!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

I wish you knew what shop they were taking the parts too. I can see a bunch of ppl going to visit that shop and "questioning " the owner
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sinople1
to be honest even if its in a garage if they want it theyll get it my buddies drag acura integra made 680whp was stolen out of his garage while he was at work the car was never driven on the street and he brought it out once this year to gld it was stolen the following week!! so no matter where your at if a theif sees something they want theyll find a way to get it

and whats even more ridiculous about my buddies car was that it was parked in his third car garage which had a non running vehicle parked outside in front of the garage and they put his car on dollies to slide it over to the two car garage to push it out so again if they want it theyll get it!!
Thats insane!!!!!!!! SMH at the theives now days...they gona get theirs!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Playap07
You know what i would do if i had the time and lived in Chicago.

I would set up a Sting operation. Set up an Evo with survillance and all other goodies and watch it. When someone steals it and take it where ever they would be recored and trailed and arrested or Just plain SHOT if it was up too me. I have seen those Bait car shows and that seems to work petty good. So if these guy are stealling ONLY Evos then set up an evo sting! Get all the info from a good source about where these evos have been stolen and set it up in a area that is know to get your car stolen. If the theives read this post, Yea bit*h3$ yal lucky im in chicago, id turn punisher on yal a$$!
Best thing said.

Too bad the police are more interested in getting speeders then stopping crime or it might work.

I'm thinking hunting season has started early. Park your car outside and wait...with a gun!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vortecd
Best thing said.

Too bad the police are more interested in getting speeders then stopping crime or it might work.

I'm thinking hunting season has started early. Park your car outside and wait...with a gun!
I wait patiently....
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That black evo that got stolen was also in a gated driveway
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

To the bastards stealing Evos...

Consider yourselves lucky and fortunate that you guys have not stolen the wrong Evo yet. You guys may have been lucky thus far, but one day you guys will slip, and try and take someones pride and joy that they have slaved over for years. The real enthusiast, who knows no amount of money from an insurance check will make them feel at ease. The guy that wants his own justice....

This will be the ultimate mistake you guys make. As even if it is the first Evo you are trying to steal, the wrath that follows will be undeniable. I have a group of four previous Evo owners who have had their car stolen, that need retribution.

As dumb as it may sound, you play with fire....you will get burnt.

Hope all you midwestern people keep your Evos safe.

Bill

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***