Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shifthard
I wish you knew what shop they were taking the parts too. I can see a bunch of ppl going to visit that shop and "questioning " the owner
I wish I could give you a name. My source is working on trying to find a name out for me. But I can no promise anything. I swear on my own Evo, that I have no clue what the shop's name is.

I can only assume its a shop that probably deals with online business only and maybe a fairly new shop? IDK. I could be wrong.

All I know is for sure these people are driving these parts to a shop out in Indiana.

Last edited by Lily03; Sep 30, 2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Playap07
You know what i would do if i had the time and lived in Chicago.

I would set up a Sting operation. Set up an Evo with survillance and all other goodies and watch it. When someone steals it and take it where ever they would be recored and trailed and arrested or Just plain SHOT if it was up too me. I have seen those Bait car shows and that seems to work petty good. So if these guy are stealling ONLY Evos then set up an evo sting! Get all the info from a good source about where these evos have been stolen and set it up in a area that is know to get your car stolen. If the theives read this post, Yea bit*h3$ yal lucky im in chicago, id turn punisher on yal a$$!
Although a sting car would work wonderfully the problem there is, you would have to have more then one car. Which would then get very confusing. These people stealing the cars have no rhythm or reason, they are just talking cars randomly. From what I know when they see a car they want, they watch it for awhile then come back for it. To set up a sting would be too hard because who knows what area they will hit next and who knows what area they are looking around in. For all we know, they could be looking throughout several different places at once. Not to mention that I doubt the state wants to have to pay back the owner for any damages that happens during the sting.

Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
To the bastards stealing Evos...

Consider yourselves lucky and fortunate that you guys have not stolen the wrong Evo yet. You guys may have been lucky thus far, but one day you guys will slip, and try and take someones pride and joy that they have slaved over for years. The real enthusiast, who knows no amount of money from an insurance check will make them feel at ease. The guy that wants his own justice....

This will be the ultimate mistake you guys make. As even if it is the first Evo you are trying to steal, the wrath that follows will be undeniable. I have a group of four previous Evo owners who have had their car stolen, that need retribution.

As dumb as it may sound, you play with fire....you will get burnt.

Hope all you midwestern people keep your Evos safe.

Bill
I second that you bastards!!

But know this... I know even more people that want retribution then his 4. One day you will mess with the wrong person and your life will end.

Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lily03
revvin9k, I know this is bigger then any one person or group can take down by themselves. I know this is bigger then many can even wrap their heads around. But I am personally sick of all these Evo's being stolen and their owners wondering what they could have done to possibly prevent it from happening. Hence this post.

I know that when the police put one group in jail another comes out from the cracks and starts the drama all over again. That's just life and theres unfortunately nothing we can do about it. And I agree it is and has not just been the Mexicans who steal Evo's. This is a given since back in the day there were Polish and Albanian guys stealing Evo's.

If you know so much, talk to KCAT.

Hell, there's a member or more on here. . .
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brian
If you know so much, talk to KCAT.

Hell, there's a member or more on here. . .
All I know is what I posted. I swear on my own Evo I don't know anything else.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are a lot of people here who would like nothing more than for these guys to get caught. That said, you're delusional if don't think at least one person involved with these thefts lurks/posts on evom and is getting a big laugh out of you throwing free information around. Keep it confidential (PM's work) or take it to the cops. A thread like this can only help them protect themselves.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5etycPappyY

will that work?!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Just an obstacle. Easily over come with wheel dollies. These are not high school kids.

If they want it, it's theirs unless you keep an eye on your **** at all times.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

For all those who PM and email me annonymous thinking things will get done...

There are plenty of people on these boards theat have RELEVANT information that maybe able to put a stop to all this shi*.

If people acted the way that they talked, and actually DID something as opposed to dropping dumb clues like i'm Inspector fuggin Gadget, this may have some type of resolution. Problem is, most people collect insurance checks out of this and are happy with the end result. Not caring that their pride and joy was just stolen from under their noses.

A bunch of us have names, pics etc. If someone knows something new , grow a pair of nuts and let it be known. Damn pansies hiding behind PC's. As I said, I have met up and talked with other members from these boards. There a few die hard guys out there, the rest are just talk.

If you aren't going to tell me something worth while, or drop a name or two...let's not waste each others time. Good morning to all BTW.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

For all those who PM and email me annonymous thinking things will get done...

There are plenty of people on these boards theat have RELEVANT information that maybe able to put a stop to all this shi*.

If people acted the way that they talked, and actually DID something as opposed to dropping dumb clues like i'm Inspector fuggin Gadget, this may have some type of resolution. Problem is, most people collect insurance checks out of this and are happy with the end result. Not caring that their pride and joy was just stolen from under their noses.

A bunch of us have names, pics etc. If someone knows something new , grow a pair of nuts and let it be known. Damn pansies hiding behind PC's. As I said, I have met up and talked with other members from these boards. There a few die hard guys out there, the rest are just talk.

If you aren't going to tell me something worth while, or drop a name or two...let's not waste each others time. Good morning to all BTW.
I completely agree.

To some it is simply a car and that insurance check covers the loss. But to others it is more then just a car. Many of us put a lot of time, money and effort / passion /love into them. To those people an insurance check may cover the financial side of things but not the emotional side.

Hence why I posted what I did. I am not trying to spread more gossip or be one of those people, I am simply trying to help others. I got a tip from a source and voiced it to try and help. Take it for whats its worth and believe what you will... "TO EACH THEIR OWN."
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Lily,

hate to be the bearer of bad news....

There is ONLY ONE WAY your source knows this info.....it is called INVOLVEMENT.

As of this point, i'm done and out. You'll see and hear more of me if mine comes up gone.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Lily,

hate to be the bearer of bad news....

There is ONLY ONE WAY your source knows this info.....it is called INVOLVEMENT.

As of this point, i'm done and out. You'll see and hear more of me if mine comes up gone.

I feel I have to agree here. As you keep referring to him/her as "your source". Whats to hide??
Old Oct 6, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Seriously an EMP? Is this North Korea stealing cars or what?

I'll be in Chi-town this weekend... bring on the N. Korean army and their EMP.

Last edited by Pr3z; Oct 6, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I have names..... anyone wanna play hangman?

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

I have more too...

Last edited by revvin9k; Oct 8, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I think I know the first and 3rd, maybe??

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***