Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by revvin9k
I have names..... anyone wanna play hangman?

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

I have more too...
Can I get an "n"
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dtrackstar
Can I get an "n"

Whats I find humor in is that when you start dropping names of people, more people start talking to save their own as*es. Straight cowards.

While you may step on some toes in the process, you gotta remember why their names are being thrown in there to begin with.

Let see how this pans out.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Just out of curiosity, where were all these Evo thefts taken place?

Could someone post up the city and maybe anintersection , and time so that way we can maybe see a pattern of events. Or locations to avoid.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Whats I find humor in is that when you start dropping names of people, more people start talking to save their own as*es. Straight cowards.

While you may step on some toes in the process, you gotta remember why their names are being thrown in there to begin with.

Let see how this pans out.

Very true.. they start saying it wasn't me it was this other guy named " john doe" its always like that.

For hangman are those actual names or usernames for the forums? I'm trying to figure em out. Can I get a "I" ? Lol
Old Oct 8, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully, you can get the RIGHT information. Someone stole my buddy's EG a while back and I went and talked with everyone. Ended up in a dead end all the time because everyone's story was different and I always got different names. Always wondered why there wasn't a pattern or anything. A few of them said a green Jetta was following them before their cars got stolen, which is what happened to my friend. Green Jetta followed really close behind him. Still, how many green Jettas are in this city? Quite a lot and I always ended up in a dead end.

Turns out, there were about 20 guys doing this Honda theft ring here. They were just recently caught a few months ago. The newspaper listed 2 names and both got 20 years in prison. They were also linked to a shop around my area who I will leave nameless.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
Hopefully, you can get the RIGHT information. Someone stole my buddy's EG a while back and I went and talked with everyone. Ended up in a dead end all the time because everyone's story was different and I always got different names. Always wondered why there wasn't a pattern or anything. A few of them said a green Jetta was following them before their cars got stolen, which is what happened to my friend. Green Jetta followed really close behind him. Still, how many green Jettas are in this city? Quite a lot and I always ended up in a dead end.

Turns out, there were about 20 guys doing this Honda theft ring here. They were just recently caught a few months ago. The newspaper listed 2 names and both got 20 years in prison. They were also linked to a shop around my area who I will leave nameless.
Those guys mentioned lived in Skokie, Niles Center Rd IIRC. Two blocks down the street where my boys EK was stolen with a type r swap, Toda header, etc. Pissed me off too as I helped him put the car together.

Just remember Piro, peoples names will get thrown in there for a reason. I'm not telling you to go whoop every ones *** when you get a name, but they are being mentioned for a reason....

PM me some shop info if you would like, and we can try and see if they are linked at all.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Those guys mentioned lived in Skokie, Niles Center Rd IIRC. Two blocks down the street where my boys EK was stolen with a type r swap, Toda header, etc. Pissed me off too as I helped him put the car together.

Just remember Piro, peoples names will get thrown in there for a reason. I'm not telling you to go whoop every ones *** when you get a name, but they are being mentioned for a reason....

PM me some shop info if you would like, and we can try and see if they are linked at all.
I remember about those brothers from skokie on niles center road. They had a sting that busted the chop shop they were taking cars too. My buddies gf civic coupe just got stolen a week ago from her northbrook home and they found it few days later with the suspension, and bike rack all gone . They dumped the car in Franklin park. The funny part was they took it to a shell gas station shop to get an alternator bolt taken out and very next day it got stolen. Not saying it was the shell shop in glenview on greenwood street had anything to do with it but it seems very suspicious. The car had no broken window, ignition wasn't messed up when it was recovered. There was no broken glass from where it was stolen. Maybe a copy of the key was made..who knows.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as a locksmith i can tell u guys,with the VIN # it's a matter of couple minutes to cut the key(u dont have to be next to the car)..
to program the key will take 10 min..
maybe thats how they do it..
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Lily,

hate to be the bearer of bad news....

There is ONLY ONE WAY your source knows this info.....it is called INVOLVEMENT.

As of this point, i'm done and out. You'll see and hear more of me if mine comes up gone.
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
I feel I have to agree here. As you keep referring to him/her as "your source". Whats to hide??
WOW....

Heaven forbid my source was trying to help protect me and I tried doing the right thing and speaking up. Guess that backfired.

My sources involvement goes as far as this... back before Chicago put people in jail, his/ her Evo was almost stolen. Him/ her caught the people in the act and these people threatened him/ her and their entire family to keep quiet because these people knew some very private information about them. They aren't helping and aren't involved, they are staying quiet because its a matter of life or death.

Last edited by Lily03; Oct 10, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Obviously this thread has turned into a bunch of sh*t talking and bashing of me. Which I expected some crap but damn. I was just trying to be helpful, tried warning some of the people out there that know nothing... But forget it.

Good luck to all my fellow Evo's owners I hope your Evo's don't go missing.

MOD's please close thread and delete.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

DO NOT LOCK THIS PLEASE

Lily,

no one is throwing you under the bus, nor are we accusing you of involvement.

To say someone was caught in the act, then had their families threatened....is nuts. And I do believe you, I promise.

But to be honest with you, if I caught someone trying to steal my car.....and ON TOP OF THAT these tools threatened me or my family....

I mean really? So someone tried to steal a car, were caught in the act, then threatened to take action against the persons family.... your buddy needs to grow a pair and handle some business.

No ONE will try and steal my ****, and on top of it come and threaten me. So help me God, why don't one you pieces of crap try and steal my **** and threaten me on top of it. See how well that goes for you guys.

And again Lily, no one is implenting you...your friend or source NEEDS to speak up though. ASAP.

Who lets people threaten their family, after almost robbing them?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

How was there even an exchange of words after CATCHING someone trying to steal an Evo?

Why were there no pipes on peoples skulls or gun shots?

It's one thing to try and steal my car....but then you threaten my family too? Ohhhh, the humanity.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:49 PM

I live on the south side of the Chii, I just bought my evo... if these people, wait no! not people... scum, try to steal my ride I say let them come, I'm well equipped for this type of situation.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoXChii
I live on the south side of the Chii, I just bought my evo... if these people, wait no! not people... scum, try to steal my ride I say let them come, I'm well equipped for this type of situation.
You have a 10... you're as safe as any other car.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

"Nakia Hemphill"?

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***