Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***

***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***
I just got word that the guys stealing the Evo's are Mexican and from the South side. Not the Albanian's. They are taking the cars to an area where cops won't go and striping them within a few hours of taking them. They are melting down all the metal and driving the parts out to a shop in Indiana. The owner of said shop is then turning around and selling these stolen parts!!! The are rolling around in a van or truck finding random Evo's. Built or stock, doesn't matter to them!

They do not mess around and are not above threatening anyone. So watch yourself! They are also not afraid of stealing cars with alarms because of a device called a EMP that can kill all sound?? Best way to prevent your car being stolen is buying a fuel pump kill switch. Hide the switch so that the guys can't find it and continue on with taking your car. Word has it the only Evo they haven't been able to take had a hidden kill switch and so the car kept stalling and they left it.

This information was giving to me by an anonymous source but has been proven true by other people along the grape vine.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EMP? Electric Magnetic Pulse? Wouldn't that also kill the ECU too?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

This is all old news. You will NEVER stop the thefts. When one douche gets pinched, there are always others to fill the void. You will never reach the big fish in the game as the henchmen stealing them are chumps.

Just stay away from meets, and taking your car to shops and you will be fine.

I will never e thug, but the last thing I am worried about is someone coming to steal mine. I have a few surprises for their as**s if they come for mine.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

If any of you guys catch someone doing it.....DO NOT CALL THE POLICE.

I tried bringing a lot of this to light a while back....and I did not care whos name was being thrown out because at some point people will talk to cover their hide.

Be careful of being overly involved in this type of situation, it could cost you. Trust me on this one.

Good luck to all of you.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I mean... not that I don't value the information, but lets just remember that this is really just heresy. For all we know, the thieves are on this msg board just lurking around. Heck... maybe they're even posting!

To answer the question though... EMP which is ElectroMagnetic Pulse, simply disrupts active electrical currents, and may possibly cause surges in voltage.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

sooooooooooo...these guys are mexican?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
(really, no offense to anyone here, who may be or not be Mexican, but here goes my unabashed white guy comment) but...

....are you surprised???
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
This is all old news. You will NEVER stop the thefts. When one douche gets pinched, there are always others to fill the void. You will never reach the big fish in the game as the henchmen stealing them are chumps.

Just stay away from meets, and taking your car to shops and you will be fine.

I will never e thug, but the last thing I am worried about is someone coming to steal mine. I have a few surprises for their as**s if they come for mine.
There was a black IX that was stolen this morning that was completely stock and had never been to a single show or event. He wasn't even a car guy. Going to meets and shops have nothing to do with this.

No this will never stop them completely, thats a given. But heaven forbid I try to help out some other fellow Evo owners out by given them ways to help prevent the thefts.

Last edited by Lily03; Sep 28, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Easy fellas... everyone is trying to help everyone. Lets not make this a he said she said, or turn it into a race thing.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ProPilot04
I mean... not that I don't value the information, but lets just remember that this is really just heresy. For all we know, the thieves are on this msg board just lurking around. Heck... maybe they're even posting!

To answer the question though... EMP which is ElectroMagnetic Pulse, simply disrupts active electrical currents, and may possibly cause surges in voltage.
I have several close friends that have lost Evo's and many people that keep me in the loop to protect myself when I'm in town. You can think its heresy all you want, but why would I lie? I freaking hate hearing about my friends losing their Evo's. It kills me inside.

As far as EMP... Yes because all they need to do is silence the alarm long enough til they can shut it off. Because the silver Evo they took a few weeks ago had an alarm and it obviously still went missing.

Originally Posted by casper3043
sooooooooooo...these guys are mexican?
Yes, from what I was told.

Originally Posted by redSLed
(really, no offense to anyone here, who may be or not be Mexican, but here goes my unabashed white guy comment) but...

....are you surprised???
No.

Last edited by Lily03; Sep 28, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Gps snitch is a good thing to get zoomback is also a good thing to get o and low jack is another good thing to have.
Tilt sensor connected to your alarm, battery back up and Hella air horns are another thing to have. Living here in Nyc
we deal with a lot of theft as any other state in the USA so my advise is take out ur pos stock alarm and spend your
money on a good alarm not kool wheels.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

I am not trying to be overly involved nor am I trying to spread rumors or lies. I am just trying to be helpful and protect my fellow Evo owners from losing their cars.

I know this won't completely stop them, but hopefully it'll slow them down or cause them to mess up so they can be caught.

You don't have to believe me, take it as you wish. To each their own.

I am not racist. I am friends with many people of all different races.

If you have nothing nice to say though, I ask you not to say it. Thank you.

Last edited by Lily03; Sep 28, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rhd-jon
Gps snitch is a good thing to get zoomback is also a good thing to get o and low jack is another good thing to have.
Tilt sensor connected to your alarm, battery back up and Hella air horns are another thing to have. Living here in Nyc
we deal with a lot of theft as any other state in the USA so my advise is take out ur pos stock alarm and spend your
money on a good alarm not kool wheels.
That's great advice, thank you!!!!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Lily03, with all due respect. TRUST me when I tell you I did what I can do to aid the people whose Evo's were stolen. In fact, there was a group of us all trying to help catch these guys. Like me, some of them helping never had their Evos stolen.

I went as far as to meet some of the accused in all of this in the start. There is so much more to all of this it's surreal.

And again, not smashing you for it at all but, All kinds of races steal Evo's. I will re assure you it is not just Mexicans.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lily03
I am not trying to be overly involved nor am I trying to spread rumors or lies. I am just trying to be helpful and protect my fellow Evo owners from losing their cars.

I know this won't completely stop them, but hopefully it'll slow them down or cause them to mess up so they can be caught.

You don't have to believe me, take it as you wish. To each their own.

I am not racist. I am friends with many people of all different races.

If you have nothing nice to say though, I ask you not to say it. Thank you.
I wasn't calling you a liar at all. It is heresy, but that doesn't mean it isn't appreciated. I'm not calling anyone a liar or racist.

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION Evo owners in Chicago***