Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Stolen Evo IX MR!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't dealerships have gates or locks around the perimeter at night? Also check the videos again, esp in prior days. There may be repeated customers that came to have interest on a car but was scoping out the area.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO KNVL
Don't dealerships have gates or locks around the perimeter at night? Also check the videos again, esp in prior days. There may be repeated customers that came to have interest on a car but was scoping out the area.
We do have gates but the chains were cut. Someone said we could have placed cars in front of the gates, but it would be a pain to remove them every morning.

The insurance company will obviously cover it, but it would have been nice to sell the car properly and have someone be a future customer. Selling regular commuter cars is fine and the money is ok, but selling someone a Evo or STI or WRX, its just different. Especially if you as a salesperson own one too.

Like I said earlier, the car was sold and the customer was waiting for financial approval. You should have seen the look on this poor guys face when we told him the car was gone. It was like a cross between getting punked and having found out his girlfriend is cheating.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow it was pending sale too? Reminds me of when my friend was trading his EG hatch plus cash for an 02 WRX. He was approved for the loan and everything. Night before the trade, it got stolen and he never got the WRX.

I'm really hoping Milwaukee isn't going to become a Chicago where Evos are stolen once a month. We already had the Honda robbers already and don't need this crap.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:22 PM

Any updates on this? did they find who did this or at the very least find the car? It makes me want to get an alarm with gps..
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

+1 on an update...with surveillance cameras i'm sure this should move much quicker.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by The Avengence
Any updates on this? did they find who did this or at the very least find the car? It makes me want to get an alarm with gps..
I know this sounds bad, and a person would most likely get arrested for this....but I feel like putting in a GPS (just in case) like you're saying, posting up with a rifle in the window and parking it in a sketchy known stealing area, and goin people hunting! I hate to say it, but it would be the greatest feeling in the world to just straight up murder someone who was trying to steal my car (not an evo).