Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Suburban dealership has its cars repossessed (Grand Mitsubishi)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 07:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Suburban dealership has its cars repossessed (Grand Mitsubishi)

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=8398270

What the F?

October 19, 2011 (BENSENVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban car dealership had many of its vehicles taken away Wednesday.

It happened at Grand Mitsubishi in northwest suburban Bensenville.
Some customers say they went in for service Wednesday morning and found DuPage County Sheriff's cars in the parking lot.

Mitsubishi Motors Credit of America says it has taken possession of the inventory at Grand Mitsubishi. It said the dealer hadn't paid its debts to the company.

The DuPage County Sheriff says a court order was served Wednesday allowing the repossession.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 07:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess from the lack of response no one cared about this dealership.

From my experience shopping for a Mitsu on a couple occasions, the sales department was the worst. Not only did they not know what they were selling but they were sleazy.

Service on the other side was great, and Kyle on here was very helpful.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy.

+1 to Kyle though, one of the real good guys.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

crazy stuff...never went there.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Called them at 9 for a stock order, the parts manager (really good guy) called me around 11 and said to stop by, there were a handful of cars in the parking lot, the techs were putting their boxes onto a Penske rental truck, the owners and GM were no where to be found and all the parts were gone....it's sucked since then.

But we are working with a dealership that matched the discount that Grand was giving us and we are now currently offering the same price breaks on OEM stuff again.

It would've sucked for our customers if we didn't get to work with this dealer cause the mark up is minimal regardless and this way, we can still keep our low pricing on services and parts.

-Mark
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

omg just found out this now because to get some parts and their phone number is not listed on their site anymore. And when I tried to google it auto completed for me that it was shut down.

I have heard horror stories about this dealership when it comes to sales, but their service department especially Kyle and Oscar is the best so far out of ANYBODY I have dealt with.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

They have some of the best Mitsu techs in the midwest, the parts were awesome to deal with as well, never overcharging, always at list or under and then the car sales, well, that was the obvious problem so can't do anything now...no one could have foreseen it except the people involved.

-Mark
Old Nov 9, 2011, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LanceR_11
but their service department especially Kyle and Oscar is the best so far out of ANYBODY I have dealt with.
Yes these guys are great! Can't believe this is going on though. Hopefully this doesn't mean they will go out of business
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Wait a minute. Please clarify this. So did Grand Mitsu shut down, or are they downsizing?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
Wait a minute. Please clarify this. So did Grand Mitsu shut down, or are they downsizing?
shut down.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

NOO!!!!

That means I have to start doing my own oil changes again
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Got a call from the Parts Manager, they are not opening the doors again, it's done. The owner lost his licence from Mitsu to sell cars under their name and well, he'll be sitting in jail for a while....owes them like 30 cars worth of payments.

-Mark
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dont buy more than you can sell! lol Or hire some salesmen worth a damn. I know any mitsu dealership Ive been to, the guys think they know what they are talking about when it comes to evos, they dont lol.

After shopping for a X se for my g/f, almost everyone I have talked to is a complete moron.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Dont buy more than you can sell! lol Or hire some salesmen worth a damn. I know any mitsu dealership Ive been to, the guys think they know what they are talking about when it comes to evos, they dont lol.

After shopping for a X se for my g/f, almost everyone I have talked to is a complete moron.
The guys who are selling the cars aren't the issue in this case, it's the owner, he's in charge of sending out the payment for a sold car.

Yeah, your right, 99% of the salesmen and women are honestly oblivious to the car, they just know it's fast and cost X amount of dollars. They are just people off the street trying to sell a car and make a living, the least they can do is go past the brochure a bit and get some history of it but hey, they're not making it anymore so yeah...moot point.

-Mark
Old Nov 15, 2011, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
NOO!!!!

That means I have to start doing my own oil changes again
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I heard the news. So sad.

Quick Reply: Suburban dealership has its cars repossessed (Grand Mitsubishi)