Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

stolen Evo, Begging for help from a shop familiar with basic evo knowledge, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Strictly Modified
I can help you out with that letter sir if you haven't gotten this taken care of let me know.

-Cisco
Go with Cisco as well. Great guy, and great shop!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:49 PM

file a bad faith claim with the BBB. that usually helps you receive payout very quick. Allstate doesn't want to have a bad mark through BBB and if it goes through BBB and they dont pay, BBB puts them on a watch list for 5 years.. that's what i did with my type r and paid within a week.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GET A LAWYER.

scumbags. someone could tape the window and break it with a tiny piece of broken ceramic sparkplug material. that alone could explain "no glass". offer to demo it on the adjuster's car.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

how could they deny you the claim? wow terrible didnt you have a alarm on the car with a imoblizer?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Guess i will follow this up with a BBB claim, but i dont want it to jeopardize what im doing with my lawyer.

No alarm on my car, never thought for one second it would ever get stolen. It was surreal walking out and wondering WTF happened to my car?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
Guess i will follow this up with a BBB claim, but i dont want it to jeopardize what im doing with my lawyer.
I thought you already tried with a lawyer and it failed. It's almost been 2 years now and they're giving you the same BS from the beginning. Even after this letter, they can still claim that the letter is false statement or something and it'll continue to carry on. I would definitely go with reporting this to BBB as they don't want a dirty record.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would like you to find your car but on a different note how do you explain that someone took the car?

Well, it could have been a towing truck. I just don't see how someone can steal the car otherwise considering that in order to start the car you have to have a programmed key.
I can understand why the insurance company is being hesitant to believe it. You should need to make a complaint.

The other thing that I can think of is someone actually grabbing another set of keys and you not knowing but this is just me saying. The history sounds very irregular to me since the beginning.

Carlos
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All i gotta say is bro good luck. hope you get your money worth.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I would like you to find your car but on a different note how do you explain that someone took the car?

Well, it could have been a towing truck. I just don't see how someone can steal the car otherwise considering that in order to start the car you have to have a programmed key.
ECU swap.
Swap the stock ECU with a different ECU with a disabled immobilizer. The car will start right up, regardless of the tune. Of course, if it was heavily modded where it needed a tune to start up and idle, then yeah, it would be a struggle to steal it.

Even then, majority of these Evo thieves must have a flat bed truck. I've heard of owners cars being stolen without them hearing their cars turn on.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should call that black guy from the commercials, there's just something so trusting about him I don't know... Just kidding man but in all seriousness I really hope you get this worked out and get a good payout because no one deserves to go through what you have. Good luck
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII

No alarm on my car, never thought for one second it would ever get stolen. It was surreal walking out and wondering WTF happened to my car?
Holy ****. Alarm is the FIRST mod an Evo needs. I wish I saw that more on all these "what should my first mod be?" threads.

I was lucky. My wakeup call was losing my OEM Licensed Leather Recaros. It was cheaper to replace them with Genuine recaros so I actually got a small upgrade for my $500.00 deductible. And of course, a Viper 5901 to go with them out of my pocket.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what i dont understand is, if they truly feel that you stole your own car, why offer $5k for it?

heck all car thieves should do this then, steal their own cars and claim it in their insurance and stil have their cars and still get $5k on top.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

sending you something on Monday.

-Mark
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Screw the BBB they have no teeth, what did the Illinois department of insurance tell you?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
what i dont understand is, if they truly feel that you stole your own car, why offer $5k for it?

heck all car thieves should do this then, steal their own cars and claim it in their insurance and stil have their cars and still get $5k on top.
Maybe they were hoping he would take the 5k and give up?

Quick Reply: stolen Evo, Begging for help from a shop familiar with basic evo knowledge, help!!!