Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

stolen Evo, Begging for help from a shop familiar with basic evo knowledge, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can think of several ways to steal the car with tow truck that wouldnt leave skid marks
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

sent
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Mark, thanks a ton, i REALLY appreciate it! hope it helps!

I would like you to find your car but on a different note how do you explain that someone took the car?

Well, it could have been a towing truck. I just don't see how someone can steal the car otherwise considering that in order to start the car you have to have a programmed key.
I can understand why the insurance company is being hesitant to believe it. You should need to make a complaint.

The other thing that I can think of is someone actually grabbing another set of keys and you not knowing but this is just me saying. The history sounds very irregular to me since the beginning.
Long story short, car was for sale on craigslist for 1 week, i got a few calls, and 1 person asked for my address, saying he was going to come up and take a look at it. i called back a few hours later, he changed his mind. my ad did not have the address in it, only my town, however, Volo is a pretty small town. it was a 773 # if i remember correctly. i gave the detective the number, nothing came of it though. my car was always parked in the street in front of my house. no cars in front or back as i live on the corner, pretty easy to steal in hindsight i guess. car could have EASILY been flat bedded away. jimmy the door or tape the window and break, pretty easy i guess. but this all seems very hard for the insurance company to understand...even with the high % of them being stolen.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
send the crooked scumbags this:

or this:

and this:

explanation here in case they can't get their pathetic little crook brains around the concept:
http://www.thetow.com/services.html
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

What did the Illinois department of insurance tell you? I've called them 2 or 3 times and things got done in a hurry after the insurance companies got a call from them.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

do it. take it to them.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

What did the Illinois department of insurance tell you? I've called them 2 or 3 times and things got done in a hurry after the insurance companies got a call from them.
they said that since i had given a deposition that there was nothing they could do...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

call them back

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
they said that since i had given a deposition that there was nothing they could do...
and talk to a supervisor, that makes no sense at all.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Do what my friend did when his car got stolen. The refused to pay him as they had to "investigate" he got a loaner and sent the bills to them not paying a penny and they covered his car, and loaner. It was 6 months until he got a loaner himself and about a month later they payed him out
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would get a GOOD lawyer and sue them. You may not win any extra money but it might get things rolling in the right direction. Almost 2 years is BS.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Talk to the Better Business Bureau in your area. This is an outrage.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

btw, how'd this go?

-Mark
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Just saw this thread, havent visited the Midwest topic area in a while. What happened to "dollar for dollar All State protects you better" commercial? Really sucks to hear about your situation.

My car got stolen as well, but found the very next day. When the car got I was able to inspect what they do exactly to steal the car.

1. Break rear door side quarter window. (not sure if they used tape to avoid broken glass evidence)
2. Unlock door by reaching in.
3. Get in passenger side, take off glove box, unplug ecu wires and plug in their own ecu that has the immobilizer disabled.
4. Break the key ignition to allow you to stick a screw driver in and turn the ignition to start.
5. Drive the car to any random location a couple miles away from the scene of crime and park the car. Usually heavy in parked car residential area that it can blend in.
6. Use black duck tape and neatly cover the rear quarter window. So that it looks "normal".
7. Leave the area for many hours or a day in case the car has GPS tracking. If the car doesnt get picked up then supposedly it does not have GPS tracking. They then will come back to take it to their shop to take it apart/strip and maybe even do some tricks and ship out overseas.

The evidence was there showing what they did. They left the ecu bolted down but unplugged thats how I knew they used their own. Also when the key ignition module is destroyed to be able to turn with a screw driver, the sensor for the immobilizer key detection is destroyed in the process.

I already mentioned this in a couple other stolen car threads. Re posting for others to know.

I'd advise people to make a hidden kill switch, GPS tracking, and/or even get the brake pedal stop club.

I dont think they tow our cars. It is a potential problem of being spotted at the scene or on the road witnesses etc... Also some of the cars got stolen were blocked between other cars which may be a problem for the tow truck.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

^ thats exactly how they do it, they tried to get mine but failed due to the fact i have two alarms on it FTW- Suck it theives im also getting the removable Steering wheel and lock and putting a kill switch on, and doing the revelco and making the Revelco hidden
and its staying in the garage now, had to fix the door but it makes me sleep better at night it being in a locked garage. Although ive contemplated leaving the car out side again with the door open and alarm off and staying awake a few nights to actualy catch them.. and well lets say not call the cops? LOL Go freaking deathwish on"em

So if u need pics for your insurance company of how they steal the car or try to, let me know i have some from my car and the attempt.

Last edited by blowngasket; Mar 22, 2012 at 02:40 PM.