Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

stolen Evo, Begging for help from a shop familiar with basic evo knowledge, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stolen Evo, Begging for help from a shop familiar with basic evo knowledge, help!!!

Coming up on 23 months since my car was stolen, it was an 06 MR, ALLSTATE continues to deny (saying in the way it was taken, i must have had something to do with it, no glass breakage, no tire marks), and im hopefully coming to an end of my long battle. I had asked a local shop i have given business to, for help, but for 3 MONTHS now i have not had any returned phone calls...i wont mention which shop it is.

ALL i need is a letter from an experienced shop tech, owner, manager, etc, familiar with how evo's are stolen, and with knowledge of how it works, its pretty easy. All the letter needs to state is basically:
My name is ___________ and i work/own/manage __________ in _________. We specialize in performance cars and the mitsubishi lancer evolution is one such car. There have been many (documented on this site) evo's stolen in the chicagoland area over the past few years, even from owners driveways, and there are many ways to do so. Such as jimmying the door and swapping the computer for an aftermarket one and using the start program to start it, Jimmying the door and putting it in neutral and towing it away, since its a stick shift car, it only has to be put in neutral to roll it away, etc...(or any other way you know of)

THATS IT! im willing to pay you for your time to write a simple letter, whats it worth to you? $50? $100? i dont care, this is one of the final items i need to show the insurance company in hopes of a settlement. OH BTW they offered me $5,000 last week on a 24,000 mile MR. Allstates lawyer also asked the adjuster in a deposition if there was any way to steal this car without a key, he said no and that it was unmovable, and if towed there would be tire marks...ITS A FREAKING STICK SHIFT CAR!

im not asking anyone to go to court or anything like that, just a letter, thats it, maybe, maybe a call from allstate. Hope someone from the community can help me out.
thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:02 PM

23 months later and you're still messing with that piece of crap insurance company?? I think you need to hire an attorney!!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd sue them. ask ams or boostin performance...maybe they can help you out.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
They're dicking you around. Screw all the silly letter crap and get a lawyer.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by ajrblanco
23 months later and you're still messing with that piece of crap insurance company?? I think you need to hire an attorney!!
This. WTF! I would be going ape **** if this happened to me. As for your request sry bro I can't help you. What a horrible situation...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Ummm unless they have hard proof that you stole it, they cannot just say that you did and deny your claim. The government has an agency that oversees all insurance companies and I suggest you talk to them.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

then after you talk to them, hit up the BBB.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Why didn't you lawyer up 20months ago? Why do you bother even dealing with insurance after 3months of bs. Call up relevant agencies/lawyers and they should have you squared away.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Thats bull for real! get your lawyer and hopefully get more money than $5,000
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry i guess i should have said from the beginning, the minute i got the denial letter i got a lawyer who tried to help me out for a minimal amount of money. She had hoped that a few letters from a lawyer would get it cleared up. Well $1200 and a couple months later after no progress, she suggested i get a lawyer willing to work on a contingency, and here i am now. Allstate is D R A G G I N G the whole process out as long as possible...we have submitted endless paperwork on stolen evo's, how the evo was the 2nd most stolen car in the US (per vehicle) back in 2006 i think, i can go on and on...without getting too much into it, my lawyer has asked for this as a means to show them that IT IS possible to steal these cars quite easily.

im not asking for anyone to lie in a letter, but simply state the facts about a vehicle which the insurance company has very little to no basic knowledge of. the fact that the adjuster said there was no way to move a stick shift car without a key makes me wonder how he is even an adjuster in the first place????
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Oh and i have dealt with the department of insurance for Illinois, BBB you name it, I've tried it.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

for S&G's, here is the denial letter, never received a definitive answer why it was denied, other than the fact that, they just can...
Attached Thumbnails stolen Evo, Begging for help from a shop familiar with basic evo knowledge, help!!!-allstateletter.jpg  
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:46 AM

Wow that is horrible!!!

As someone said above try contacting that government agency.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ask for Mark at APM racing. Tell him SCREAM (Nick) mentioned you call him. I'm sure he'd be willing to help. I'll also let him know you might be contacting him.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...ck-us-out.html
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

I can help you out with that letter sir if you haven't gotten this taken care of let me know.

-Cisco

Quick Reply: stolen Evo, Begging for help from a shop familiar with basic evo knowledge, help!!!