Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Help: Looking for a mod friendly dealer in the Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2004, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: Looking for a mod friendly dealer in the Chicago Area

I am looking for a mod friendly dealer in the Chicago land area preferably the north or northwest suburbs. Please give any suggestions.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 06:45 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
try libertyville, I do not know if they are mod friendly though? but they have some slammed monteros for sale one time.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

well, my car has been into the naperville/aurora max madsen and they didn't mention anything about my mods. Not sure if they are "mod friendly"

(I just had an intake on at the time I think)
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

max madson told me if i put anything on the car they will void the warranty. Even though thats in direct violation with magnesson moss. I'd figure most dealerships are pretty managable once you are informed.

I'd like to see them void my warranty over intake or exhaust.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Do NOT go to Libertyville Mitsubishi. I got my car there and they are NOT mod friendly. Eveytime I went for service they would ask...any mods...I'd tell them no. I talk to the guy whom sold me the car...he always askes...what have you done....I tell him nothing! They don't want to stand behind the heritige of the car yet the taunt us with it....backstabbing @$$ holes if you ask me!!!
Old Jan 4, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Any other mod friendly dealerships? Max Madsen in countryside sucked because they just tell me everything I had problems with my car is normal. But that was not a evo tech who checked my car out. I just installed a dp/cat/catback, which I dont think should be a problem, but I want to make sure my warranty wont get voided. I want to get my car working proper before I start modding it hardcore
Old Jan 4, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hkfeet
Any other mod friendly dealerships? Max Madsen in countryside sucked because they just tell me everything I had problems with my car is normal. But that was not a evo tech who checked my car out. I just installed a dp/cat/catback, which I dont think should be a problem, but I want to make sure my warranty wont get voided. I want to get my car working proper before I start modding it hardcore
On the flip side of that coin, I would recommend that anybody, looking to form a relationship with a service dept, go to Max Madsen Countryside and speak to Chad, one of the service managers. I've been there many times with my evo in various stages of disarray, aftermarket items included, and they've always gotten me back on track in short order.

I would NOT suggest that you tow car car there then proceed to explain that the engine might have blown up because you turned your MBC to 30psi. Instead call them up or go see them without your car in tow. Explain your predicament and ask them how they can help. Be honest and reasonable. In my case, I believe they've seen how enthusiastic I am about my car and taken special care to look after it as well as I do. We even keep each other informed on the cheapest place in town to buy mobile 1.

If my relationship with max madsen ever sours, my next stop in town would be Bosak Mitsubishi. From my brief encounters with warranty work there, I've found their techs to be very well trained. However their customer service wasn't very responsive.

On a side note: the sales staff and service dept appear to be completely seperate entities. Most of the stuff that the sales staff has told me (good and bad) has turned out to be false.

d

Last edited by donour; Jan 4, 2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

I guess I'll try countryside again and talk to chad. Thanks for the tip
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by lanceracer
I am looking for a mod friendly dealer in the Chicago land area preferably the north or northwest suburbs. Please give any suggestions.
Topic from the same page:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=108727
Old Jul 5, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

You be lucky to have max madsen countryside mitsu fix anything. They are a bunch of lazy dicks that tells you everything is normal. I had multiple issues with my car and not one time have they done anything for me. So if you dont want your warranty voided or waste your time getting warranty work done there, STAY AWAY FROM COUNTRYSIDE. THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF ******!
Old Jul 5, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Hey D, is chad a real tall guy with blonde short hair?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by bartekb93

Wow were you trying to give me crap about not searching before posting cause if so my post is almost 11 months older then the post you referenced. Check the dates! Who dug this old thing up anyway.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Yea some people just over sensitive, its just the internet folks!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 07:58 AM

BTW hkfeet Libertyville Mitsu was always great to me even with all of my MODs they never said a thing and were always quick and friendly so they might be an option for you.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 08:11 AM

Why would a service advisor ask about your mods??? We have tech's that can easily see anything as soon as the open the good??? I have been working for Mistubishi for almost 2 years now and asking if you have mods is stupid, That's not why you came to the dealer....

Quick Reply: Help: Looking for a mod friendly dealer in the Chicago Area