Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012 | 05:39 PM
Admin Emeritus

Please remember that all we know at this time is there was an arrest August 8th for suspected auto theft and sales of stolen property. If/when an indictment appears we will have more information concerning his suspected involvement. Beyond that everything else is conjecture at this time. Thanks.

Bob
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Please remember that all we know at this time is there was an arrest August 8th for suspected auto theft and sales of stolen property. If/when an indictment appears we will have more information concerning his suspected involvement. Beyond that everything else is conjecture at this time. Thanks.

Bob
This is true, but after talking to a few family members that are officers (Chief and Deputy Chief) they both said that there would be no raid if they didn't have solid evidence to convict the owner or workers at the shop. When there is a raid it isn't decided the night before, there are months of investigation before a move is made.
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by emotart
This is true, but after talking to a few family members that are officers (Chief and Deputy Chief) they both said that there would be no raid if they didn't have solid evidence to convict the owner or workers at the shop. When there is a raid it isn't decided the night before, there are months of investigation before a move is made.
+1! Over the years, I've had the opporunity to talk to several undercover officers at my job. Raids are not something they do on a whim or hunch. The only way that they conduct a raid is if they have solid proof that they will get a conviction.
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 05:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by emotart
I understand and agree they had very good reasons. My only point is we don't know the specifics yet of the accusations. You guys will probably see local news accounts and we would appreciate any links etc. Thanks everyone!

Bob..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Aug 10, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 06:15 PM

there hasnt been anything in the news here local yet. i only been at the shop mayb 10 times in a 3 month period so i wasnt around for what stuff was being moved or not... all i kno from what i seen was there was allot of parts that were scattered all over the place and in bins but the owner was a kid not a organized buisness owner so i looked at it as a 14 yo bedroom **** all over the place and there were always kids around working on there own cars very un organized
... but i dont think he owned a storage unit his shop was decent size and he rented the next building over and all the parts were stored in there, the little stuff..... but people cars were towed from the place that werent his and were legal but i guess they have to investigate them all
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
Crap!! He bought my stock evo 8 tail lights last week. Paypal payment finally cleared today, and I shipped them out to his business earlier today. I guess no one is gonna be around to get my tail lights he paid.

He is in a different state, should I be concerned over him having any of my info, like the return address? If this place is shady I just dont know to what extent he is capable of. He was being cool about waiting till payment cleared before I shipped out the stuff though.

Should have sold it to me...
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 07:16 PM

All bark no bite
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 07:52 PM

It's funny how everyone just assumes the worst without personally knowing anything. There is still no booking record for him or anyone involved at the county jail and nothing in the papers about the raid.
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TWOpointFOUR
It's funny how everyone just assumes the worst without personally knowing anything. There is still no booking record for him or anyone involved at the county jail and nothing in the papers about the raid.
Just judging by the way he acted on here, and his previous business transactions, he was a douche in my book.
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TWOpointFOUR
It's funny how you just joined the forum in the past few days, are local to him, and are half-way trying to stick up for him...
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

[humor]****, if I knew this crap was stolen, I would have offered a ton less! [/humor]

All kidding aside, I messaged this guy back and forth a few times asking for some repair parts due to an accident that happened in chicago a couple months ago. He had the parts I needed, but it just seemed the guy could never get his sh*t together... I would say I would come down and pick the parts up in person, would someone be there Friday?" He would reply "when are you going to send paypal" I would send him a reply "no... I'm picking them up in person, I just need to know the address for your shop, and if someone's going to be there Friday afternoon" and no reply...

He also said a few times that he didn't have the exact parts I needed, but to give him a week and he would "locate" them for me...

After all the hastle and BS, I just gave up on him... Who knows if the parts were stolen or not (probably his business was a mixture of the two), but I wouldn't want to do business with someone like that anyways...

Reminds me alot of Eddie Bello and Bellotech back in the day with the porsche thefts in new york.. Damn this ****'s from 11 years ago?!?!? I'm getting old.

"MOUNT VERNON: STOLEN PORSCHE RING -- A race car driver was among three Mount Vernon businessmen arrested over the weekend on charges related to auto theft, the Westchester County district attorney's office said yesterday. District Attorney Jeanine F. Pirro said Eddie Bello, 35, a drag racer of Porsches, stocked Porsche engine parts with defaced vehicle identification numbers at his auto body shop, while two other repair shop owners had parts and entire cars -- including Porsches -- that appeared to be stolen. David W. Chen (NYT)"

And another

WCBS) (NEW YORK) 2001/03/26 18:19:00 US/Eastern

There won't be any more laps around the track for a well-known drag racer from the Bronx, who was among three body shop owners arrested in connection with the theft of luxury cars from Westchester, WCBS 880's Marla Diamond reports.

Eddie Bello, 35, who has won fame with souped-up Porsches on the import drag-racing circuit, was arraigned Saturday in Mount Vernon on a charge of illegal possession of a vehicle identification number, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said.

Bello, known as the East Coast Assassin in drag racing circles, owns Bellotech Performance on McQuesten Parkway in Mount Vernon, where he works on his racer and other cars. The owners of two neighboring shops also were charged with the same felony: Robert Benedettini, 42, of Yonkers, owner of Star Auto Body, and Anton Shkreli, 33, of the Bronx, owner of Evropa Motors.

Pirro said investigators at Bello's shop seized two Porsche engines and two Porsche transmissions, all with defaced identification numbers. At Evropa, they took two Porsches with defaced identification numbers, plus a Mecedes Benz engine and five air bags, similarly defaced, she said. They also found an illegal 9 mm handgun, the district attorney said. And at Star Auto Body, they seized a partially dismantled and defaced Lexus sports utility vehicle and a small amount of the drug Ecstasy, she said.

Pirro said the arrests stemmed from the investigation of a stolen-car ring that had specialized in swiping luxury vehicles from Westchester driveways and parking lots and shipping them to Asia. Eight men were arrested last month.
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
It's funny how you just joined the forum in the past few days, are local to him, and are half-way trying to stick up for him...
/\ He's not the only one. I have seen a couple of newbs with zero posts coming in this thread sticking up for him. If he was truly involved in this theft ring, which i am sure he was, i am glad they caught him/ them. Karma is a *****.

Aaron
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 10:39 PM

Its funny that none of you know what your talking about. This all happened because someone brought in a car to get fixed and it ended up being stolen. You guys have absolutely no idea what the truth is. Jeremy is home with no charges filed. Cars are being released and returned... if hes so guilty why doesn't he have charges against him...BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS VALID AND LEGAL...gets ure facts straight before you ump to conclusions
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 10:41 PM

I had no idea Lancers and Evos were also stolen, man i thought that was only a honda thing...

But im glad they got him!
Old Aug 10, 2012 | 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dstoop
Its funny that none of you know what your talking about. This all happened because someone brought in a car to get fixed and it ended up being stolen. You guys have absolutely no idea what the truth is. Jeremy is home with no charges filed. Cars are being released and returned... if hes so guilty why doesn't he have charges against him...BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS VALID AND LEGAL...gets ure facts straight before you ump to conclusions
You should get your grammar straighten out too... And where do you get your info guy?

Quick Reply: IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided