Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WHTEVO
/\ He's not the only one. I have seen a couple of newbs with zero posts coming in this thread sticking up for him. If he was truly involved in this theft ring, which i am sure he was, i am glad they caught him/ them. Karma is a *****.

Aaron
Oh you mean like these guys below!!!

Originally Posted by mike1coolguy88
there hasnt been anything in the news here local yet. i only been at the shop mayb 10 times in a 3 month period so i wasnt around for what stuff was being moved or not... all i kno from what i seen was there was allot of parts that were scattered all over the place and in bins but the owner was a kid not a organized buisness owner so i looked at it as a 14 yo bedroom **** all over the place and there were always kids around working on there own cars very un organized
... but i dont think he owned a storage unit his shop was decent size and he rented the next building over and all the parts were stored in there, the little stuff..... but people cars were towed from the place that werent his and were legal but i guess they have to investigate them all
Originally Posted by VinnyA
All bark no bite
Originally Posted by TWOpointFOUR
It's funny how everyone just assumes the worst without personally knowing anything. There is still no booking record for him or anyone involved at the county jail and nothing in the papers about the raid.

Originally Posted by dstoop
Its funny that none of you know what your talking about. This all happened because someone brought in a car to get fixed and it ended up being stolen. You guys have absolutely no idea what the truth is. Jeremy is home with no charges filed. Cars are being released and returned... if hes so guilty why doesn't he have charges against him...BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS VALID AND LEGAL...gets ure facts straight before you ump to conclusions
Thanks guys! Now we know who else to keep an eye on
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alot of newbies posting in here with zero post defending him seems alittle fishy
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:53 PM

Dont worry where my info is from.. check yourself and call the county and they will tell you NO CHARGES WERE MADE and he is no longer in custody. He purchases parts from ebay and local vendors. Do you really think if he was stealing all these "CARS" and have them sitting outside so that everyone can see them including the cops. If anyone knew anything you would know that all his "evo" cars were parked outside the shop FOR EVERYONE TO SEE with the vin numbers for everyone to see. Again, I know it looks bad but it was because some jealous idiot made false accusations and just cost lake county tons of money...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by sinople1
alot of newbies posting in here with zero post defending him seems alittle fishy
Just a little.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dstoop
Dont worry where my info is from.. check yourself and call the county and they will tell you NO CHARGES WERE MADE and he is no longer in custody. He purchases parts from ebay and local vendors. Do you really think if he was stealing all these "CARS" and have them sitting outside so that everyone can see them including the cops. If anyone knew anything you would know that all his "evo" cars were parked outside the shop FOR EVERYONE TO SEE with the vin numbers for everyone to see. Again, I know it looks bad but it was because some jealous idiot made false accusations and just cost lake county tons of money...
^^^ This kid!!!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If hes been released then maybe people are over reacting

Last edited by GSX 911; Aug 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

I find it pathetic anyone would even stick up for this dirtbag. And as far as charges, the Lake County Auto Theft Department has said he is still in custody.

Last edited by Nsomniac; Aug 11, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SCREAM8
I find it pathetic anyone would even stick up for this dirtbag. And as far as charges, the Lake County Auto Theft Department has said he is still in custody.
How do you know this? Don't you live in Sweden?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:01 AM

It sickens me to think that there are actually people defending this dirtbag. I am very good friends with one of the people who was arrested and I am also good friends with all the kids who would always be seen hanging around the shop. I warned all of them from the start. Don't hang around Sierra Motorsports because when **** hits the fan, everyone is going down whether or not they did anything.

Saying that the cars have been returned is a lie. The cars are still sitting in the impound lot in Hobart, Indiana where they were originally transported to. Two friends of mine actually work at the auto repair shop that owns the impound lot. One of my best friends had both of his cars impounded because they were at the shop when it was raided. I hope he gets his cars back because he did nothing illegal, but being in the wrong place at the wrong time is hard to escape from. Nowadays with the overabundance of evidence prosecutors have, it is more like guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. All of the arrested are still in jail and I know that for a fact. I was actually put in contact with a detective working the case and was urged to come fourth with any extra evidence I may have. Everything I know the police already knew. Cops can't just get a search and seizure warrant ***** nilly without nearly incontrovertible proof that there is evidence. They found the evidence. No one is innocent here. Selling of stolen goods is a crime as someone else pointed out. Anyone who thinks he simply "didn't know" is sadly mistaken or extremely ignorant. Jeremy attempted to give me Evo IX Recaro seats for my car in exchange for a $300 debt he had to me, the guys on this forum will know that is an extremely bad deal for him. I asked him what were wrong with them and he answered nonchalantly "they're stolen but it's no big deal". I immediately took my money and left. I've long been told by several sources about a forest that Jeremy would dump Evo shells after he stripped them. I was even told by a local former Evo owner that he witnessed Jeremy using a Sawzall to cut a shell in half in his backyard.

I am surprised the FBI hasn't been involved in this because Jeremy has/had a storage unit in Illinois where "hot" cars were stripped and parts were left to "cool off" before they were sold under the guise of Sierra Motorsports.

I was even told by two former employees that when my car blew up and was sitting on the street in front of the house I was renting a room in, Jeremy was considering stealing my car. I received four phone calls warning me about it within a two hour time period. Luckily the auto shipper arrived to pick the car up and transport it back to Arizona before anything could have really come of it.

I know its hard to believe all of this, especially when it comes from a Subaru owner . I've got love for the owners of the cars I hate.

Last edited by Corinator; Aug 11, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sinople1
More than a little... Hold on so I can make another account and back my self up.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Judging by Jeremy's character, if he is out on bail or something, I wouldnt put it past him, that all these newbie accounts are actually him, trying to back himself up hahaha.

as said before, even if he comes out clean, his rep. is ruined. He will never be able to get a business going again. I guess he will have to keep "hustling" as he called it. Cant look good on your record that a shop you ran was raided haha.

I noticed his personal facebook was deleted as well.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I had my fair share of shady shops especially one in CT, I found out the owner had charges for this same stuff.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully I won't see anymore STOLEN threads in the midwest forum anymore. It seemed there were 5-6 every month.

Glad they caught the guy.

Thankfully he never made it up in WI area.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:49 AM

Yeah I just made an account. I have been lurking for years. So what? I have just as much right to be here as you. I am not Jeremy and am in no way trying to defend him. I know the guy by association only. If he is guilty he desrves everything that is coming to him and then some. If he is innocent well then I think all you that are stating "facts" that you heard from you friends brothers sister cousin are the ones that should be watched/banned. An official report will be released soon enough so everyone can draw conclusion from that all they want. I think at this point even if the head of the auto theft division here came up and personally told you Jeremy is not guilty there are a few here that wouldn't accept that.

Last edited by TWOpointFOUR; Aug 11, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sounds like this guy was just shady shady shady.

Quick Reply: IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided