Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Chicago thefts?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago thefts?

Just wanna get an update on how you evo guys are doing in Chicago..I'm planning to make a trip down there and just wanna know if the thefts have died down or not thanks
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

I'm 100% sure your car will be stolen while you're here. Go ahead and start looking for a replacement Evo now.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:22 PM

Damn that's scary lol..i just bought some rims from this guy from Chicago and he told me that the guys got caught and that it died down but he want sure if they were the only guys who were stealing them..i was going to stay there Saturday night and Sunday and visit the aquarium, China town and other attractions..now i might just rent a car..this sucks haha
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ragyan03
Damn that's scary lol..i just bought some rims from this guy from Chicago and he told me that the guys got caught and that it died down but he want sure if they were the only guys who were stealing them..i was going to stay there Saturday night and Sunday and visit the aquarium, China town and other attractions..now i might just rent a car..this sucks haha
...pretty sure slim8605 was just kidding (unless he's psychic then i would listen to him!)

you'll be fine. i park all over chicago all the time. i would guess evos only get stolen after they get scoped out for a while too. you're only visiting for a weekend...

can't live in fear man, otherwise they've won
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

I still catch worry with my car fully disabled, in alarmed garage, with the aftermarket Momo Steering wheel Removed And the NRG lock on and my alarms and revelco set up. AND I STILL WORRY...although the 12 Gauge next to my bed makes me feel warm about using it on the thieves one day.. oh and i will. Then ill take thier Civic LOL

Last edited by blowngasket; Jan 29, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:50 PM

Yea the only anti theft thing i have is a quick release system..but that's a relief..I'm glad that those stupid people are gonna get what they deserve..why evos! Go get those Hondas lol
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
yeah i have full security on my evo for when i make trips there.. easily worth the few hundred bucks or w/e, easily.

as someone else said above, i think most car thefts are planned thefts, not spur of the moment - thought it does happen.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ragyan03
How are the wheels? like i said .. Be careful.. Invest in security.. Alarm kill switch etc. quick release helps.

Ps there have been thefts from china town.. Keep it in mind
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:02 PM

Wheels are good especially the tires..didn't have as much snow as i thought we were gonna have but it was a good buy..thanks again...and i guess i won't be visiting anytime soon then haha
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

U can visit.. Just drive a different car Jk

It's been quiet lately but it's the winter so who knows. If u have quick release I can't imagine it disappearing.p unless they have a exact match wheel. Install a kill switch anyways.. Always good to have., anywhere
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

just get the NRG lock hub for the release that things impossible to remove, so they can bring there own steering wheel, ECU and still be **** outta luck.

one things known for sure about the theives in my area, and that is They absolutly cannot get past a good alarm,
they fail@ 12V wirering. And by good alarm i mean one that the keyfob is Needed in order to start the car, in which there is NO way to bypass the thing. A good alarm installer knows the tricks of the trade in chicago and will set it up and garenteeeeeee that a theif will not steal it. Mine did and he made the harness for it so color codes Need not apply LOL

Last edited by blowngasket; Feb 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM.