Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Is anybody else going to Waterford Hills Sat, 6/12?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2004, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anybody else going to Waterford Hills Sat, 6/12?

My wife is coming with me this year. I was in the bby, there were 3 other Evos there last year (red, white, silver), although 1 of them wasn't tracking. Hope to see you guys there again.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:42 PM

I wish i could go - i think there is an even tat Gingerman though.

I was at grattan last week (twice actually) and that was a blast!

Keep us posted on how the event went.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going through GingerMan withdrawal. The Honda 7/05 event at G-Man is booked, we're on the waiting list. A buddy of mine with a silver S2000 did G-Man and Grattan last week. I wish I had gone too.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 05:57 AM

What is at Waterford Hills on 6/12? I checked their website and didn't see anything. Being a new Evo ower I am interested in meeting some other Evos.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atc1174
What is at Waterford Hills on 6/12? I checked their website and didn't see anything. Being a new Evo ower I am interested in meeting some other Evos.
Waterford Hills Road Racing facilities are located on the grounds of the Oakland County Sportsmen’s Club, 4770 Waterford Road, Clarkston, MI 48346.

This event is being organized by the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Detroit, I think this event is completely filled. However, if you don't have anything going, come on by to meet not only Evo people, but other automobile enthusiasts as well. There are many auto engineers/designers at this club event. Not to mention, a bunch of enthusiasts having a blast with their cars!! We'll be there rain or shine.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Sh*t ! I thought the Alpha was tomorrow (6/13) and not today. I was planning on stopping by tomorrow, but I guess I'm late. I wasn't planning on running...just coming out to watch.

Keep me posted if there are any other events in the next few weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Tons of fun!! It initially looked like rain, but by my second session the sun started peaking; it wound up being sunny and in the mid-seventies. Perfect! I found myself tossing and sliding the car a bit more than I usually do. Fun, but not the fastest way around. There were 5 Evos tracking and 2 (maybe 3) spectating. My wife and I ran in different groups, this car is bullet-proof. The Evos, as a whole, represented well.

I forgot my camera, hence, no pics.

At the end of the day I went out with Ralph in the new Dodge Magnum. What a hoot!! That car felt very neutral--albeit it, a bit bouncy, predictable, and powerful. All it needed was a better set of tires.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Bogie - Are you talking about Ralph Gilles @ DCX. Did he bring the Viper or the EVO? I wish I could have made it on Saturday if I knew.

Originally Posted by Bogie
Tons of fun!! It initially looked like rain, but by my second session the sun started peaking; it wound up being sunny and in the mid-seventies. Perfect! I found myself tossing and sliding the car a bit more than I usually do. Fun, but not the fastest way around. There were 5 Evos tracking and 2 (maybe 3) spectating. My wife and I ran in different groups, this car is bullet-proof. The Evos, as a whole, represented well.

I forgot my camera, hence, no pics.

At the end of the day I went out with Ralph in the new Dodge Magnum. What a hoot!! That car felt very neutral--albeit it, a bit bouncy, predictable, and powerful. All it needed was a better set of tires.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KZEVO
Bogie - Are you talking about Ralph Gilles @ DCX. Did he bring the Viper or the EVO? I wish I could have made it on Saturday if I knew.
Yep. Ralph had 4 cars there: the Viper, Evo, Neon, and Magnum. They run a nice event.

Pics: http://www.griffith.cx/gallery/view_...ack_Day&page=1
Old Jun 15, 2004, 08:55 AM

What happened to the black Intrepid?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bartekb93
What happened to the black Intrepid?
I did not witness it, but, what I heard (other than the crash) was that he got a bit squirrely coming out of the carousel, hit the gator-strips, then got a lot squirrelly, crossed the track, and rammed the wall in the front straight. Bummer!!

OT: It looks as if I may instruct at WMHM, 7/05.

OT2: Do you want more brake fluid?

Last edited by Bogie; Jun 15, 2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

What's WMHM and where is it at?

Originally Posted by Bogie
I did not witness it, but, what I heard (other than the crash) was that he got a bit squirrely coming out of the carousel, hit the gator-strips, then got a lot squirrelly, crossed the track, and rammed the wall in the front straight. Bummer!!

OT: It looks as if I may instruct at WMHM, 7/05.

OT2: Do you want more brake fluid?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by KZEVO
What's WMHM and where is it at?

the answer you shall find here - one click away