Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Driving Between Chicago and St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving Between Chicago and St. Louis

I am driving my Evo to St. Louis this weekend. My friend has Cardinals/Giants tickets. I drive Chicago-Ann Arbor all the time and I know where and where not to speed. This is my first time driving to St. Louis. Do you have any tips on where I should look out for Five-0 between Chicago and St. Louis?
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

if you take I55 down which i assume you would it normally hauls big ***. one time i went there, not in evo, with a rental trailblazer and did 85-90 and didnt get messed with at all. some people even passed me. i hear there are a lot of cops near the bloomington/normal area though. cant tell you for sure but ive driven fast on that thing.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, but you still have to watch it on 55. The Illinois Highway Patrol are pretty notorious on there. Just keep your eyes peeled and bring a radar detector if you have one.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled

Yo, DON"T GET OFF THE HIGHWAY untill you cross the river maeng, East St. Louis is no joke, if you feel like you are in danger, you can blow through red lights/stop signs and it's not illegal. DON"T GET OFF IN EAST ST. LOUIS!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

yeah east st louis does really suck. there is a town also on the IL side called sauget that is a hole like east st louis. i got lost there once and thought i was gonna get shot. we went through red lights and everything. only time we stopped is when we got stuck by a train but we quickly turned around and went another way. that dude isnt lying about east st louis. its the armpit of the midwest....oh wait or was that gary IN??????????hahahaha
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I leave today at 3pm. Four guys and all of our stuff going to STL to see Cards/Giants.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

good times. i doubled your trip....and went ann arbor to st. louis. stayed for 15 mins, turned around and drove back to ann arbor. but i am now the proud owner of an upright tetris arcade game MUCHO cheap.

Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

I drive 55 south to 72 west twice a month. Just watch out for cops before blomington and before springfield also they like to radar you from the tops of bridges, if you are going during the day watch for planes circling they will nabb you from the planes. For the most part I travle that route at 75- 80 with no problems and I tend to get my doors blown off by about 25% of the other people on the rd.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Deac0n
I drive 55 south to 72 west twice a month. Just watch out for cops before blomington and before springfield also they like to radar you from the tops of bridges, if you are going during the day watch for planes circling they will nabb you from the planes. For the most part I travle that route at 75- 80 with no problems and I tend to get my doors blown off by about 25% of the other people on the rd.
Yeah word, that stretch from springfield all the way in has mucho highway patrol...whoops, he allready left.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't take I-57! It's loaded with piggies.

When I see a cop....I slow down to 80mph.

Maybe I drive too fast.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

I'm Back

Originally Posted by Deac0n
also they like to radar you from the tops of bridges, if you are going during the day watch for planes circling they will nabb you from the planes.
I made the trip in one piece with no tickets and no accidents. I saw three cops in a row with cars pulled over. I was heading N on 55 and this was on S 55. I went another 1/2 mile and there was a cop on the overpass.

I do my share of speeding (got to 140 on the way there), but I don't speed up hills, under bridges or around curves. I was only doing 70 when I saw those cops.

I also saw three black Chevy crew cab pickups outside of StL that had three semis pulled over. The pickups were cops because all three had police flashers in their back windows and in their grills. Anybody frol StL know what's up with that?

I had fun. My friend's parents live in Jefferson County (I forget the city). They live way back in the woods. I drove twisties for about three miles and then I went about 3/4 mile up hill to get to the house. It's good I don't live there because I'd be dead trying to see how fast I could drive those roads.

I also got some great pictures of the Giants and the Cardinals players. Thanks for all the tips!