Notices

Mr sst upgrades underway

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, they're just moving. This is not the troll you're looking for.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:14 PM
Account Disabled

We are not out of business. We are just in the process of moving to another facility, down sizing from our previous business.

The EVO upgrades are still on schedule.

Last edited by SSP Kris; May 11, 2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSP Kris
You still get some idiots taking trash that do not have anything better to do with there time.
Real good PR right there.
Old May 11, 2009, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SSP Kris
We are not out of business. We are just in the process of moving to another facility, down sizing from our previous business.

The EVO upgrades are still on schedule.
than why did your shop manager and machinest move to georgia, and your head technician is back to selling car parts at the same company i work for?
Old May 12, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Everyone,

I have visited with Jotech in Dallas and discussed the MR tranny upgrade. Mainly we talked about the TCU which will need adjusting after the clutch pack install.

Kenny Tran, the owner of Jotech and accomplished import drag racer, owns a new Nissan GTR which he has upgraded the clutch packs. Kenny told me that after they installed the clutch packs, they had to have a Nissan Tranmission Technician guy come out to Jotech and adjust the transmission. This service I believed costs Jotech around 600 bucks.

Now, with that being said, I called Don Herring Mitsubishi here in Irving Texas to discuss this. I explained the upgrade and the possible need to have the transmission adjusted. The service rep will be researching it for me (on if Mitsubishi offers that service or be willing to).

I will keep everyone updated from my end.
Old May 14, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDW1479
Everyone,

I have visited with Jotech in Dallas and discussed the MR tranny upgrade. Mainly we talked about the TCU which will need adjusting after the clutch pack install.

Kenny Tran, the owner of Jotech and accomplished import drag racer, owns a new Nissan GTR which he has upgraded the clutch packs. Kenny told me that after they installed the clutch packs, they had to have a Nissan Tranmission Technician guy come out to Jotech and adjust the transmission. This service I believed costs Jotech around 600 bucks.

Now, with that being said, I called Don Herring Mitsubishi here in Irving Texas to discuss this. I explained the upgrade and the possible need to have the transmission adjusted. The service rep will be researching it for me (on if Mitsubishi offers that service or be willing to).

I will keep everyone updated from my end.
Yeah I guess this upgrade means nothing if the TCU can't control it properly. Hopefully Mitsu will cooperate!!!!
Old May 18, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Well,

I taked with the service rep from a Mitsubishi dealer here in the Dallas area, he stated that there is no one in the states that can adjust the TCU in the transmission. Mitsubishi is still operating on the "replacing the entire tranny if something goes wrong with it" attitude.

Whether this is all true or not, I don't know. Our tranny might be perfectly fine once the new cluctches are in. Who knows. I guess Voodooman will be the guinea pig on that as well.
Old May 19, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
god i hope all this goes well, i am so getting some for my ralliart.. clutches and new cooler with killer fans!!
Old May 20, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14450

i just came across this thread, i guess this should stop all the talk about them being closed.
Old May 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

thats map, that is a completly different shop. just because they have some proto-type ssp parts does not mean they are open still. i drive by his closed shops daily. the sign out from even got repo'd. i hope you guys do some more research so you dont loose your *** on the tranny parts that are not being made

Last edited by GoSloTurbo; May 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any update from Voodoo? Haven't heard from him in a bit over two weeks, and being that SSP physically has his car, I'd suspect he might know a bit more Even if its all just rumors, an update would be nice.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
As stated, they are switching from Retail to Manufacturing. I think the talk of them going out of business can be squashed. They are still continuing to make the parts, we just did another install on one of the kits!
Old May 21, 2009, 05:47 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks Chris for the support. Every now and then there is some one out there ruffling feathers. We take no offense to it. We want to let everyone know that we are in this with you guys for the long haul. We will continue to work in partnership with MAP to bring you guys the highest horsepower EVO SST's around.

Cheers
Old May 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

like stated before, if your still in business than who is building your parts? i know all of your ex-employees and they have told me that you guys didnt even manufacture barely anything yourselves. you guys sent all the work out even tho you had all your fancy machines.
Old May 24, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Geeze... axe to grind anyone?

Quick Reply: Mr sst upgrades underway