Notices

Mr sst upgrades underway

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATEEEEE!!!
Gooodddbye car!!!

HELLLOOO POWER!!!!
I'm so pumped! It was really sad to see her go though...
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey man your my hero jajjaj congrats on taking that huge step most of us are waiting for it!
please keep us updated....
thanks
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

the MR community loves you sir
Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

not sure how everything is going to work. thought the tranny in non-serviceable. meaning it cant be easily taken apart. this is definitely great news becasue im thinking about getting the wife an MR and use the GSR for tracking.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess for most folks...the price won't be an issue? Let alone finding a shop that'll do the work to install the new clutch packs. lol. I guess I shouldn't mention warranty either if the tranny goes with the new clutch pack.

Bang for buck hp...why go MR? It's a perfect car near stock setup but being over zealous w/ power...you bought the wrong trim.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpeedI2acerX
not sure how everything is going to work. thought the tranny in non-serviceable. meaning it cant be easily taken apart. this is definitely great news becasue im thinking about getting the wife an MR and use the GSR for tracking.
The 'non-servicable' part isnt necessarily that it isnt easily taken apart. More so that they wanted to study the reason behind any failures that actually occured. It being a new platform and all...

Originally Posted by shyong
I guess for most folks...the price won't be an issue? Let alone finding a shop that'll do the work to install the new clutch packs. lol. I guess I shouldn't mention warranty either if the tranny goes with the new clutch pack.

Bang for buck hp...why go MR? It's a perfect car near stock setup but being over zealous w/ power...you bought the wrong trim.
Price is always an issue. People are just excited to see some development under way. We've only got three years on the warranty. Not something I'm all that worried about.

The reason why people bought their MRs with the type of transmission they did is almost irrelevant. The fact that they want to improve it and make it faster is just natural. Why does anyone mod anything?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
The 'non-servicable' part isnt necessarily that it isnt easily taken apart. More so that they wanted to study the reason behind any failures that actually occured. It being a new platform and all...

Price is always an issue. People are just excited to see some development under way. We've only got three years on the warranty. Not something I'm all that worried about.

The reason why people bought their MRs with the type of transmission they did is almost irrelevant. The fact that they want to improve it and make it faster is just natural. Why does anyone mod anything?
I couldn't agree more. Its totally true that I bought my MR wanting the amazing tranny, but why wouldn't I want to make it faster? Going the easy way is not always the most satisfying.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:39 PM

also from what I hear, the tranny is just as workable as the DSG in terms of being able to crack it open and make changes. I agree with the above poster, that Mitsu just wants to take it slow with this tranny, and I believe they are under a contract agreement with the tranny maker right?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmincey
also from what I hear, the tranny is just as workable as the DSG in terms of being able to crack it open and make changes. I agree with the above poster, that Mitsu just wants to take it slow with this tranny, and I believe they are under a contract agreement with the tranny maker right?
I've read that too, can't remember where but I believe mitsu has an agreement with getrag to label the trans non serviceable for a certain period.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

subscribed
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:35 AM

UPDATEEEEE: The rocket is ready for launch!

The MR made it to SSPerformance last night and they unfortunately had to park it next to one of the GTRs they are working on.

Enjoy!!!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Don't say ready for launch.. made me think they somehow finished already and were ready to release the new clutches. How dare you.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

I just want to say thanks to voodooman79 and SSPerformance. This made my week and as soon as this product is released I will be purchasing.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:32 PM

IM LIKING THIS!!!!!!!! im definetly happy i went with the MR NOW.... Just the fact that someone is working on the SST is music to my ears....
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

oh baby im loving this :-)

Quick Reply: Mr sst upgrades underway