Notices

Mr sst upgrades underway

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im buying their kit as soon as possible!!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Finally some true progress on an upgrade. You truly are the man voodooman for being the test mule on this. Hope everything works out on your car...for us MR owners sake
Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:03 AM

Thank you voodooman and SSPerformance. I'll definitely pick up the upgrade when its available.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

any idea of the pricing?

Last edited by Wik3d_MR; Apr 9, 2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmincey
im buying their kit as soon as possible!!
+1
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:31 AM

Us RA owners are eagerly awaiting as well. Thanks voodooman for getting this ball rolling!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:09 AM

Thank you guys for all the support!!!
Here is an UPDATE:
The guys over at SSPerformance are knee deep into my car. The intake manifold has been pulled and sent off to MAperformance for development.
Up till last night, this is as far as they got with pulling the SST out:

They said, "non serviceable my @ss" They are telling me, that any good tuner shop can do pull the SST and install the parts they will be producing.

As always, I will keep everyone posted. While they are developing these new parts, they also wanted me to ask the community about what other parts you guys want to see developed. So by all means; what do you guys want to see developed for the X?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Damn man, they don't waste any time!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
wow does guys work fast they dont fool around!!
have they opened the gearbox? i cant clearly see it in the pics?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i would like to see an upgraded oil cooler for the tranny
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Upgraded oil cooler, transmission temp sensor tap, better transmission cooling ducts (straight from bumper to cooler) , air intake ducting to larger funnel from front bumper (direct pipe from front grill to intake ducting mounted to body under hood)... think that's all I can think of..
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even people who are not interested in significantly increasing torque capacity still have problems in stock form with the transmission overheating. A circulated & radiated transmission fluid cooling solution, maybe even with a larger fluid capacity, would be required for anything that needs upgraded clutch packs, but would also be attractive to owners with less ambitious performance goals. Doubly so if it'd be compatible with both the factory transmission and the upgraded clutch pack setup, so people could upgrade in phases as needed. The bottom line is if they can get something that'll let people run more laps around a road course in S-Sport mode without going into limp mode, people will buy it.

It seems that the ECU interface to the transmission hasn't been researched too much, so anything in that arena would be welcome This might be overly ambitious, but what about a revision to the launch control system? From the sounds of it, a lot of people are also less than satisfied with low-speed/from-a-stop gear engagements in normal and sport mode during daily driving.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
Even people who are not interested in significantly increasing torque capacity still have problems in stock form with the transmission overheating. A circulated & radiated transmission fluid cooling solution, maybe even with a larger fluid capacity, would be required for anything that needs upgraded clutch packs, but would also be attractive to owners with less ambitious performance goals. Doubly so if it'd be compatible with both the factory transmission and the upgraded clutch pack setup, so people could upgrade in phases as needed. The bottom line is if they can get something that'll let people run more laps around a road course in S-Sport mode without going into limp mode, people will buy it.

It seems that the ECU interface to the transmission hasn't been researched too much, so anything in that arena would be welcome This might be overly ambitious, but what about a revision to the launch control system? From the sounds of it, a lot of people are also less than satisfied with low-speed/from-a-stop gear engagements in normal and sport mode during daily driving.

I agree with the comment on the ECU/TCU.. It would be nice to see a RalliArt TCU with the MR's super sport mode, and launch control program.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by madcows
i agree with the comment on the ecu/tcu.. It would be nice to see a ralliart tcu with the mr's super sport mode, and launch control program.
+1
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:10 PM

+1 that would be supremely epic.

Quick Reply: Mr sst upgrades underway