Old Aug 20, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the sin, you are the man.
keep it up and good luck on the outcome
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys, I have the JDM front crash bar so the front mount cooler is taking a little more time as I have to build brackets, but it's coming along I'll have pics soon once I finalize my brackets and such.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

It would have been so nice to see inside that trans
Old Aug 30, 2009, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by madcows
It would have been so nice to see inside that trans
I took and posted pics as deep as I went, gears are in an other section which requires LOTS of work, about 20-0 bolts, cracking a seal, and removing both input and output yolks. I'd together very well and since I didn't have upgraded gears I didn't want to push it
Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheSin
I took and posted pics as deep as I went, gears are in an other section which requires LOTS of work, about 20-0 bolts, cracking a seal, and removing both input and output yolks. I'd together very well and since I didn't have upgraded gears I didn't want to push it
Good work man.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry it's been so long guys I haven't had much time to work on the car lately but here is the front mount cooler installed, it took me a while cause I have the JDM crash bar so I had to make brackets and then test fit lots since I couldn't use the template. Anyhow it's not pretty cause I had to drill lots and the brackets got mashed up a little, also the drivers side one I ended up trimming after the pics. I'll finish plumbing it this weekend if all goes well and hopefully start her up and see how these clutches work

Attached Thumbnails TheSin's TC-SST Project an SSP Production-p9010025.jpg   TheSin's TC-SST Project an SSP Production-p9010026.jpg   TheSin's TC-SST Project an SSP Production-p9010027.jpg   TheSin's TC-SST Project an SSP Production-p9010028.jpg   TheSin's TC-SST Project an SSP Production-p9010029.jpg  

Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cant wait!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 04:44 AM

Question Oil Temp Sensor Location?

TheSin - now that you have been pretty far inside the SST Trans. where would you put an oil temp sensor for an AEM Transmission Oil Temperature Gage? Hopefully some location before the Transmission Oil goes thru the Stock Transmission Oil Cooler. Got any Ideas?

Bob

Last edited by EVO-EVO-EVO; Sep 4, 2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

I'd still use the lower corner of the front pan, oil will be at it's hottest at the bottom of the pan near the pick up I'd hope, and the pick up runs all along the bottom. The gear set chamber is in a different compartment so i didn't get to see them, but i'd expect the HOTESS place would be in with the clutches. Since I didn't want to tap and drill the casing nor did I want to mess around in there too much the pan was the best choice IMHO.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 07:30 PM

Thumbs up Oil Temp Sensor Location?

Sounds like the best place to Me also "TheSin", would be in the bottom edge of the front oil pan. This being where the Transmission Oil Pump picks up the Oil to Pump it back thru the Transmission Oil System again, for the same work it just did during it's previous cycle in the Transmission Oil System, and also, the oil would have at this point picked up all the possible heat generated by the Transmission, that it could, in all of the areas of the Transmission Oil System, which is basically every where inside the Trans.

Also this makes it relatively easy the install the sensor because you can drain the oil and remove the front oil pan and install the sensor with out the risk of contaminating the inside of the Transmission with drill and tap shavings and thread sealant residue.

Thanks

Bob

Last edited by EVO-EVO-EVO; Sep 5, 2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Is the deep pan required with the new clutches or is that just an extra you threw on there? I'm looking to get these clutches in my car after I put the FP red in, so I'm trying to learn some before I sttempt this.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

It's been a while since Ive seen this car in person. But I can guarantee you TheSin, has a great attention to detail. No picture will do this car justice.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerES09
Is the deep pan required with the new clutches or is that just an extra you threw on there? I'm looking to get these clutches in my car after I put the FP red in, so I'm trying to learn some before I sttempt this.
Not required, but I'd recommend it so you have a good easy place for the temp probe.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Talon_66
It's been a while since Ive seen this car in person. But I can guarantee you TheSin, has a great attention to detail. No picture will do this car justice.
Thanks man I appreciate that. Got it started today but I'm having some serious fuel issues :S
Old Sep 7, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Okay quick update, drove it off the ramps today, I haven't actually driven yet but front ward and reverse are working and so far the car feels good! If I can get lights I"ll have a full review soonish I hope!

Quick Reply: TheSin's TC-SST Project an SSP Production