MR TCU Flash?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hobbitos
I would be happy with the FQ330 software:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...30-GSR/240293/

'In addition to this they have removed the limiter from first gear, and the car feels so eager and responsive. From a standstill the X will reach 62mph in a supercar rivalling 4.4 seconds. The acceleration is fierce, but with the gears swapping themselves, you have more time for keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.'

We should wage a war to get it!
4.4 with the SST with 330 flywheel HP, wow I need that SST rom.

With my flash+drop-in filter+exhaust i'm probably 360 or 380 at the flywheel I'm guessing. Would make for some pretty sweet 1/4 mile times
Old Sep 26, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Tried looking into talking to someone at Getrag about the FQ-330 TCU software.

But no luck
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mendo
Tried looking into talking to someone at Getrag about the FQ-330 TCU software.

But no luck

at least you tried, you get an A for effort
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:35 AM

Who is this Ryan he speaks of? and how do we get a hold of him?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2Fst4U
Who is this Ryan he speaks of? and how do we get a hold of him?
ryan gates?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:35 PM

Subscribed!!!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hakmeister
ryan gates?
No that Ryan. The Ryan that knows about the ROM for the SST.

Where is this Ryan by the way??
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:50 PM

The ryan reffered to in that thread is NOT a tuner, so just be careful there however he does run and own a company called justJDM in Australia and sells aftermarket parts fro Evo's, quite sucessful too and a bloody good bloke. Also, for what it's worth Ryan has been a user here on EvoM for over 5 years:

username: MACH3EVO

Guys, this isnt new news. That particular MR is sitting at 402Hp at the wheels and to achieve that with an AUDM or EU car you can't just change the values on the Torque error correction table, you also need a hardware change. The AUDM and EU cars for those markets are MORE restricted than your own US markets so dont get to excited.

Basically, the ROM used was not a tunable one, but one from another domsetic market, no big deal and it's not rocket science and that car isn't by any means the first to go down this path.

Last edited by kijima; Sep 30, 2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

^^

Well its the first talk I have heard of someone actually changing, manipulating, or doing whatever to the programing of the SST. If this "ROM" doesn't contain the torque restriction that most of us have (except the FQ-330 SST from the sound of it) then IMO its a viable "upgrade" option. (anything that fixes that lag off the line would be awesome)

Maybe we can get this said Ryan guy to queue in??
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mendo
^^

Well its the first talk I have heard of someone actually changing, manipulating, or doing whatever to the programing of the SST. If this "ROM" doesn't contain the torque restriction that most of us have (except the FQ-330 SST from the sound of it) then IMO its a viable "upgrade" option. (anything that fixes that lag off the line would be awesome)

Maybe we can get this said Ryan guy to queue in??
Lag of the line is a driver issue, not a mechanical, electrical or programming issue. You clearly haven’t adopted a driving style to best exploit how the SS-T works. There is a very simple method to make an SS-T equipped car get of the line quickly without going to measure of using launch control. It's simply manipulating the SS-T in a way to remove the latency you are experiencing, and its driver control that will fix the issue... But that’s another matter.

As far as programming the SS-T, this is not new, there are a few high level tuning houses which have been doing this for quite some time, but let’s get to some facts. For a start, the SS-T TCU will compensate and make necessary changes if the cars values in the ECU have been changed. I.e. if you give the car more power, the SS-T will respond differently which makes you 'think' the TCU has been tuned. It will behave differently with more Torque being entered into equations, but thinking that the TCU has been tuned doesn’t mean that it has. I'd suggest there aren’t that many people out there doing TCU tuning at all, Ryan isn't one of them either.

What they have done in that thread is going beyond the Torque threshold that is in some cars in some markets, they have done this in a two fold manner. Firstly, by adjusting the Torque error correction tables in the ECU and secondly using other hardware from another model. It's not rocket science and it's been done more than a few times now, just because you have failed till now to hear about it doesn’t mean it's a new thing. There are more than a few tuners that have chimed into this line of thinking.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hobbitos
I would be happy with the FQ330 software:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...30-GSR/240293/

'In addition to this they have removed the limiter from first gear, and the car feels so eager and responsive. From a standstill the X will reach 62mph in a supercar rivalling 4.4 seconds. The acceleration is fierce, but with the gears swapping themselves, you have more time for keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.'

We should wage a war to get it!
There is no limiter for 1st gear in the 08 rom
unless you'e talking about rev limiter

I've been playing with some of the SST specifics for a while .. haven't got the full works yet .. definitely got most of it though .. now working on shift points ..
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:18 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gunzo
There is no limiter for 1st gear in the 08 rom
unless you'e talking about rev limiter

I've been playing with some of the SST specifics for a while .. haven't got the full works yet .. definitely got most of it though .. now working on shift points ..
I think they are talking about the factory boost correction in 1st gear.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

Subscribed!!!!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
I think they are talking about the factory boost correction in 1st gear.
the 09's have a 1st gear limiter .. literally

But you could be right .. because so far my experience with the 09's are limited .. and the one I toyed around with had no issues at all ..
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kijima
Lag of the line is a driver issue, not a mechanical, electrical or programming issue. You clearly haven’t adopted a driving style to best exploit how the SS-T works. There is a very simple method to make an SS-T equipped car get of the line quickly without going to measure of using launch control. It's simply manipulating the SS-T in a way to remove the latency you are experiencing, and its driver control that will fix the issue... But that’s another matter.
Could you explain a bit better how this is a driver issue?? Hitting the gas (no matter how hard) produces some degree of lag to get going. Granted different modes make it feel a little different, but I dont really see how it is only a driver issue.

The SST will respond differently when adding power but for the same outcome which is save the clutches. That is why people have been running into trouble with more torque and from what if read that is why FQ-330 SST article mention is faster off the line, correct??[I know that it does have a bit of extra stuff under the hood too]

(If I'm wrong plz tell me)

Quick Reply: MR TCU Flash?