Notices

MR TCU Flash?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hakmeister
what the hell happened to this thread.
Yeah, nobody told you this is the new dating trend. We all know that you don't use those old out dated cell phone things to talk to oneanother anymore. No now when you find someone you know or would like to get to know you just post on the threads they are on.

And about that whole MR TCU Flash do we really care about that anymore. That is so last week already.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:29 AM

I would be happy with upgraded TCU SW. This SW should be able to hold more torque and have access to purchasing new clutch packs. I would be happy if I had access to stock parts that could be installed at the dealer.

We should get back on topic as I think that we could make progress if we try.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

^^ agreed. We did have a good thread going on here.

kijima, you mentioned that to reach those power levels in a AUSDM Evo SST there was a ROM and hardware change that were require. Any idea on the specifics of those??
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mendo
^^ agreed. We did have a good thread going on here.

kijima, you mentioned that to reach those power levels in a AUSDM Evo SST there was a ROM and hardware change that were require. Any idea on the specifics of those??
Specifically .. he was just swapping between the DM's ..

AusDM has the most limited of all 3 differet DM's Roms .. I think it could be because of the EU restrictions ..

Sorry for the internet dating .. if you know who kijima is .. you would want to meet him too haha ..
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:26 PM

Gunzo is on the money as per usual.

But on another note. Irrelevant of Domestic Model, let me just say this... For those that can talk to ETACS, not only making requests but being able to rear/write to that ROM, they will be the one wreaping the rewards.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kijima
For those that can talk to ETACS, not only making requests but being able to rear/write to that ROM, they will be the one wreaping the rewards.
Do you know of anyone capable of doing that yet?

- Bryan
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Do you know of anyone capable of doing that yet?

- Bryan
Apart from Engineers and Race Teams? No.

I guess given it's not just a case of plugging in a OBDII supported device in and making requests, then it will take some time by someone commited to the cause of making it all work. I have heard noises of some already going down this path but to what success or end I'm not sure.

I'd suggest whoever does this first from a commercial aspect would guard their intellectual property fiercly, and I wouldnt expect it to be an opensource thing anytime soon as being able to read/write to ETACS would be pretty handy for a lot of tuners out there.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:54 PM
Account Disabled

I guess given it's not just a case of plugging in a OBDII supported device in and making requests, then it will take some time by someone commited to the cause of making it all work. I have heard noises of some already going down this path but to what success or end I'm not sure.

I'd suggest whoever does this first from a commercial aspect would guard their intellectual property fiercly, and I wouldnt expect it to be an opensource thing anytime soon as being able to read/write to ETACS would be pretty handy for a lot of tuners out there.
I'm wondering if its going to be like the ACD, alot of people talking about doing it and nothing ever coming to fruition.

it's a bummer to look at things like HPtuners where there is a ton of control over the trans and then look at import offerings and seeing bleh

- Bryan
Old Oct 7, 2009, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hakmeister
what the hell happened to this thread.
happened to this thread...

I would settle for a TCU reprogram that does the following, even if I had to give up traction control and stability control for it.

1. Shift regardless of load or rpm
2. Never disengage or stop because of software input other than shift commands
3. Disregard any torque limits or other programmed parameters and function until breakage.

Bassically...go in the gear you're told, stay there until told otherwise, and never ever complain about it until parts are falling out. If this results in it being manually controlled only, so be it.

Last edited by kozmic27; Oct 7, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

I don't understand all the technological aspects of the SST, but coming from the VW Gti community, I am surprised there hasn't been software written for the Evo SST yet. There have been DSG flashes for about 2 years now, and they are pretty much doing what everyone here wants.

Maybe the DSG is controlled in a different way where this is done more easily than in the Evo, but since I am considering a MR in the near future, I really hope something is worked out.

*Oh forgot to add, the DSG software, along with an upgraded clutch pack is capable of 600+ ft lbs tq. So I am hoping once somebody gets this figured out on the SST, we will start seeing some really fast MR's around.

Last edited by TK40; Oct 10, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ i would love to see this out come... 600+hp MR would be pretty sweet... just think about it.. being able to bang through those gears with a flick of a paddle.. awesome
Old Nov 8, 2009, 08:23 PM

Question More Information?

Mr TCU Flash - any new information?

Bob -
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

ETACS = Electronic Time and Alarm Control System? Per mitsubishi-motors.com:

ETACS Control Function(Electric Time and Alarm Control System)
ETACS is Mitsubishi's unique control technology system that automatically activates the lights, reminds drivers to lock their doors, and comprehensively controls the front vehicle speed-sensitive wipers, security and convenience systems.
Users can set their preferences for the security alarm and keyless entry, adjust the time for illuminating the interior lights, and set the rear intermittent wiper frequency from the MMCS, MDS display.

I know you know your ****, but I find it hard to believe that this system would control the transmission... is there another ETACS?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:39 PM

subscribed
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by lodifreefly
ETACS = Electronic Time and Alarm Control System? Per mitsubishi-motors.com:

ETACS Control Function(Electric Time and Alarm Control System)
ETACS is Mitsubishi's unique control technology system that automatically activates the lights, reminds drivers to lock their doors, and comprehensively controls the front vehicle speed-sensitive wipers, security and convenience systems.
Users can set their preferences for the security alarm and keyless entry, adjust the time for illuminating the interior lights, and set the rear intermittent wiper frequency from the MMCS, MDS display.

I know you know your ****, but I find it hard to believe that this system would control the transmission... is there another ETACS?
I think you'll be suprized on just how connected (read 'influential') ETACS is to the entire car. It's a whole lot more than just for lights, alarms and keyless entry.

Quick Reply: MR TCU Flash?