Notices

MR TCU Flash?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR TCU Flash?

is there anybody on the forum who has looked into TCU flashing. any info on if it would let us go over 350 wtq on stock clutches? would it be possible to flash the tcu with cobb ap?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:25 PM

Would be nice if the SST mode selector could be used as an ECU map selector similar to how the SI-Drive is used on the subarus.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 04:41 AM

Read toward the end of the 1st post about SST TCU ROM change here-:

http://www.evolutionoz.net/forums/in...howtopic=44305
Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

For those of you who don't have accounts here- you must have one and have at least one post to view the boards... This was made by a chap with a 400 awhp SST Evo X (w/o upgraded clutchpacks)...

Originally Posted by evolutionoz.net
A few other points about the SST because I'm sure that's what most of you are interested in. Ryan through his various contacts in the Yakuza/Tuning houses of Japan was able to get a hold of a spare SST box that had been opened up and stripped down. the good news is that the box is completely serviceable. I can only assume that Mitsu don't list the SST as a serviceable item at the moment due to some embargo / deal they have with Getrag. obviously there are people on here that would know more about that sort of thing than I do but the point is that the SST is similar to a normal transmission in so far as it can be opened, repaired and serviced. next point. there is now a ROM out that allows for full customisation/ tunning of the SST. initially we were experiencing problems with shift points not being quite right and the box going into something a kin to limp mode when we turned up the power. thanks to this new ROM all of that has been fixed. the gear changes have been smoothed out along with a problem we were having of the car not wanting to change gears at all. the torque/power cut has been disabled to allow for the extra power that the car is now running.

Any more questions on the SST especially to do with the new ROM are probably best directed to Ryan because he knows more about this sort of thing than I do and will be much better able to answer any technical questions I'm sure some of you have. Sorry Ryan I realise you're going to get flooded with pm's now but you are the guru.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

the rom eliminates whp/wtq limits? WHAT THE EFFFFF

"the torque/power cut has been disabled to allow for the extra power that the car is now running. "

someone care to explain?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Hopefully this rom becomes public soon..
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

combine this rom with removing the limiter in 1st gear and you have the perfect evo
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:26 AM

I would be happy with the FQ330 software:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...30-GSR/240293/

'In addition to this they have removed the limiter from first gear, and the car feels so eager and responsive. From a standstill the X will reach 62mph in a supercar rivalling 4.4 seconds. The acceleration is fierce, but with the gears swapping themselves, you have more time for keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.'

We should wage a war to get it!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
This has potential
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now the only question remains... how to we get said software?!?!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

i bet you ryan knows
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

subscribed...this thread has epic win potential
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 617G
subscribed...this thread has epic win potential
Agreed. Subscribed!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds similar to VW's DSG. Probably about 1 year ago, flashes for the DSG's TCU were introduced. HPA, GIAC and C2 Motorsports all came out with flashes. And with those flashes, it was possible to remove the torque limits so the stock transmission could run higher power levels. There is still a mechanical limit that needs to be observed before you need to replace the clutch plates, but at least you can get the software limitations out of the way.

The DSG's TCU reflash also helped to increase the speed of shifts (both up and down). Could also increase the rev limiter. Could also eliminate the auto-upshift at redline (for manual mode). If you don't shift via paddles (or gear shift), the car will bounce off the redline. If I remember correctly, they were also able to eliminate some of the "clunky" shifting common with dual clutch trannys. I'm sure if you have an MR you've experienced the "clunk" that happens when coming to a stop. It's annoying. Had the same exact thing in my R32 w/DSG.

Just Google "dsg reflash" and you'll get a ton of results and links to some VW forums. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dsg+reflash There's some good stuff in there to read if you want.

It will only be a matter of time before similar TCU flashing is available for the TC-SST.

Last edited by atombomb33; Sep 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
perfect^^ guess its the waiting game then

Quick Reply: MR TCU Flash?