Notices

Bored out mr?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Bored out mr?

Alright this is what's being done to the car right now... The car is being bored out to a 2.2getting carillo rods and cp pistons I have ...greddyti-c exhaust-Megan test pipe-ATP Turbo Divorced Transformable 3" Downpipe
-kn intake and upper intercooler piping-buschur lower intercooler piping-buschur intercooler-forge manual boost controller-aem wide band-defi racer gauge white-rexpeed type r carbon fiber front lip--- hopefully I'll be making 350hp350tq- gotta see how much I'll be making and if the tranny will hold up in 2 weeks after I break the motor in and get retuned.kinda anxious and kinda scared... Ne input or number estimates.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Ummm wasn't this posted already?

Man things are still kinda fresh with the SST and modding so no one will know about your specific situation.

Go ahead and tell us what happens
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:42 PM

I figured I'd post it on the sst forums bc it is an MR you know and I'm kinda scared will my car be able to handle all this?? I mean they say I should be running really strong and isn't the tq limiter kick in at 330 at the wheels?I could be wrong..is any body safely running more than this?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Well from what I have read, there seams to b a couple of ppl running more than that. One of the guys at Cobb Plano is one of the cases with the most info on it (I think). Maybe call Kris at SSP, they'll know more about this.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:51 PM

Ne specific numbers you have?From what you've read
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

at 330-350 wtq your SST tcu will engage a self protection mode and the car will free-rev. Getting your engine bored out on an MR is not a good idea right now since this will increase torque mainly; you'd have been better off upgrading the turbo to a dom 2.0 or FP-green.

Chris at cobb somehow managed to run 407wtq on his MR but there are absolutely no details on how he accomplished this and he rarely responds to questions in his thread; most of the SST community suspects his car can't consistently run that much torque on the road.

Talks of the TCU being cracked are becoming more regular, it seems we might be overcoming this programming issue sometime this year. For now, I think you might be okay on the stock turbo but you'll definitely want to be looking into some SSP hardware upgrades for your transmission so once we get the software figured out you'll be ready to rock some serious power.

Good luck with the build and keep us updated.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:19 PM

Exclamation You Mean Stroked ?

Originally Posted by B00ST3DEV0
Alright this is what's being done to the car right now... The car is being bored out to a 2.2getting carillo rods and cp pistons .....
The Motor would have to be bored out to 90 mm for it to be approximately 2.19 L and the stock bore is 86 mm on this siamesed bore Motor, so there would be a VERY narrow area between the cylinders after 4 mm of material is removed for the new larger 90 mm bores. Is there enough sealing surface between the Combustion Chambers and also the Cylinder Bores to avoid major sealing issues? I would ask this question a lot when talking to many knowledgeable Evo X people before I actually bored the Motor out this much. Seems very high risk to Me!!!

Good Luck - Bob

Last edited by EVO-EVO-EVO; Jan 28, 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:36 PM

I honestly guess I'll just wait and see what it can handle.. Tranny .. Motor and all . You stated a very good point . High risk forsure . Well I keep you updated on the build and as soon as I get it broken i'll tell you how the tuning and how the motors holding up.. Anxious yet scared..
Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:41 PM

PISTON NUMBER ONE FROM MOTOR NUMBER ONE!

Last edited by B00ST3DEV0; Feb 6, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:41 PM

PISTON NUMBER 2 MOTOR NUMBER 2

Last edited by B00ST3DEV0; Feb 6, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:58 PM

THIS IS WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED!

AFTER..

UPDATED PIC OF MY CAR
Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:59 PM

Old Feb 7, 2010, 06:22 PM

Exclamation Two Motors So Far?

From the pictures and the limited text it looks like two motors have broken, however the dates of the postings make me think it might of been only one failure. Which is true, one Motor Failure or two Motor failures? It looks like the Motor failure (s) should have damaged the head also.

Could you please tell us what the shop thinks the causes are of the failure (s)?

Do you still have confidence in the shop that is doing this work for you? Very sorry to hear that you are having these major problems. This must be very troubling for you to go thru. If it helps, your car looks great and the new piston and Carillo rod and the Girl's hands holding the piston look really nice.

Hope the unfortunate experiences with your car turn around, for the better, quickly for you - Bob -
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:32 AM

Well it has been two motor failures.. First one due to bad tuning.. I dnt bad mouth just saying I'm in the south Florida area make your own assumption. 2nd one well the second one was not really explained to me he says their was a leak in one of the gaskets and he said it leaked oil so I'm guessing lack of oil. Yes I do still have faith in this shop and I recently came across another person who got tuned by the exact same person and blew their motor two with the same tune! Ehh kinda sketch ..
Old Feb 8, 2010, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

And he says he still has faith in them, they better be giving you some sweet deals but why not just go to a reputable shop and get the job done right one time.

Quick Reply: Bored out mr?