Notices

Tc-sst shot!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PO420 wont cause limp mode. I assumed you have test pipe?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yes I do. I know PO420 won't cause limp mode. I'm more concerned with the

P181E
P187A
P187B

I just drove it today and the shifts feel smooth from 1st through 3th once it gets to 4th 5th and 6th thats when the icecapades begin!!!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that doesn't sound like limp mode to me.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Just as a precaution, check your under tray and see if maybe you lost some fluid?? When I was getting my front mount cooler done, the guys at Jotech showed me how one of the plugs was only about a half turn in. I lost very little from what I could see on the stain on the tray. My car will never see a dealership again...

(might be a little out there lol)
Old Apr 10, 2010, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

any update on how you made out?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Credz
any update on how you made out?

Not looking good right now. I called mitsu yesterday to see if the ever serviced a car with my codes and they said they don't have the codes that I was reading in the system.

The Tech did not really know much about the TC-SST becuase he was asking questions like is it a manual transmission? I told him I have an 09 ralliart sudan and he asked me if my car was a sport back (sigh). Tech also said that if I'm using a generic reading device (NOT MITSUBISHI APPROVED) that it may not show the same error codes they have in their system. Makes no sense to me. The ECU is throwing the CEL and the device is reading it.

I checked my under tray for leakage but it looks fine to me. I also disconnected my battery and cleared out my OBD errors and I did a test run but it still slips.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:50 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RA Glows
Not looking good right now. I called mitsu yesterday to see if the ever serviced a car with my codes and they said they don't have the codes that I was reading in the system.

The Tech did not really know much about the TC-SST becuase he was asking questions like is it a manual transmission? I told him I have an 09 ralliart sudan and he asked me if my car was a sport back (sigh). Tech also said that if I'm using a generic reading device (NOT MITSUBISHI APPROVED) that it may not show the same error codes they have in their system. Makes no sense to me. The ECU is throwing the CEL and the device is reading it.

I checked my under tray for leakage but it looks fine to me. I also disconnected my battery and cleared out my OBD errors and I did a test run but it still slips.
I don't think they ever made a Ralliart Sudan edition. But regardless, your Sudan edition ralliart should have the same tc-sst as the new sportback that's out there.

Might actually be a good thing you have a tech who doesn't know about tranny's. There's a chance he's so stupid that they won't be able to fix the problem even if it were fixable and give you a new tranny. But you should probably take it to another dealer...
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

You should not clear codes if you want Mitsu to see the codes and repair it. You'll likely now get "No Problem Found - no codes stored" reply.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:30 AM

My tranny was doing this for a while...and it got progressively worse to the point of me losing Reverse. When daily driving if I pushed it WOT..i'd either end up with gears 1,3,and 5 or 2,4 and 6. Car is in the shop having the tranny replaced now under warranty. They basically had to take photos/explain the situation to Mitsubishi and get the tranny replacement approved by Mitsubishi. And yes this was approved even with the mods still on the car.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dr1fter
My tranny was doing this for a while...and it got progressively worse to the point of me losing Reverse. When daily driving if I pushed it WOT..i'd either end up with gears 1,3,and 5 or 2,4 and 6. Car is in the shop having the tranny replaced now under warranty. They basically had to take photos/explain the situation to Mitsubishi and get the tranny replacement approved by Mitsubishi. And yes this was approved even with the mods still on the car.
thats nice. I know my dealership wouldnt warranty anything if I put one mod on my car
Old Apr 25, 2010, 01:36 AM

I had something similar last fall. Turned out that when we re-flashed the car, the ROM was corrupted somehow. With a new ROM flashed in all was good. After SST table tuning and limiters raised, all is VERY good! I thought for sure my tranny was TOAST!!! Gunzo saved the day. Thanks again Gunzo!!!!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor

what happened? been 20 days?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

I'm back to stock now. It did not go into 6th and skipped 4th and 2nd again.

I have not flashed the ECU back to stock yet I'm doing it on Thursday.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by RA Glows; Apr 27, 2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

updats its been a long time ?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RA Glows
I'm back to stock now. It did not go into 6th and skipped 4th and 2nd again.

I have not flashed the ECU back to stock yet I'm doing it on Thursday.

Stay tuned.
What you are experiencing is NOT LIMP mode. Someone else previously said that you are in LIMP mode, but that's not the case. The car doesn't skip gears when it's in limp mode. It just acts stupid, and shifts jerky.

Quick Reply: Tc-sst shot!!!