Notices

How to get the same throttle response from "Sport" to "Normal" mode?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get the same throttle response from "Sport" to "Normal" mode?

Hey guys!

I noticed, that the throttle response in SST-Sport-Manual is far better than in SST-Normal-Manual.

What table in the ROM is responsible for that? Is it the Throttle Map? Anybody know what the individal functions of those 5 maps are? i.e. which of those maps does what?

Bonus question: I rarely use SuperSport mode, mainly because I always forget to activate it while standing still.
Is the throttle response in SuperSport even faster/better than in Sport?
If so maybe I should aim for SuperSport response in normal and Sport rather than Sport in Normal?

Is there a way to make switching to supersport possible WHILE driving along?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:00 PM

Time to read the manual, lol.

I managed to get it to go from Sport to S-Sport once going like 10ish MPH... but I think that mighta been a fluke.

I have to teach myself to not turn on S-Sport and turn off AYC at the same time, lol.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kakashi

I managed to get it to go from Sport to S-Sport once going like 10ish MPH... but I think that mighta been a fluke.

I have to teach myself to not turn on S-Sport and turn off AYC at the same time, lol.
you can't turn AYC off. you turn off the AYC braking function of the ASC which is a good thing. I turn ASC, AYC Brake off and put the car in S-Sport everytime I get behind the wheel
Old Apr 1, 2011, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kakashi

I don't think it's a fluke. I've also engaged supersport while at crawling speeds. Would be nice if you could engage SS mode at ANY speed after holding the button for a few seconds.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by germanracing
Hey guys!

I noticed, that the throttle response in SST-Sport-Manual is far better than in SST-Normal-Manual.

What table in the ROM is responsible for that? Is it the Throttle Map? Anybody know what the individal functions of those 5 maps are? i.e. which of those maps does what?

Bonus question: I rarely use SuperSport mode, mainly because I always forget to activate it while standing still.
Is the throttle response in SuperSport even faster/better than in Sport?
If so maybe I should aim for SuperSport response in normal and Sport rather than Sport in Normal?

Is there a way to make switching to supersport possible WHILE driving along?
there are 4 maps which control the ramp up rate for App->TPS.

1 for 5MT
1 for normal
1 for sport
1 for ssport

If you want send me the ROM and I can set them all the same for you - and you can test it out
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
there are 4 maps which control the ramp up rate for App->TPS.

1 for 5MT
1 for normal
1 for sport
1 for ssport

If you want send me the ROM and I can set them all the same for you - and you can test it out
Are you talking about the "Throttle Map #1 - #5"? If so, I already made them all the same...

Otherwise I'll gladly take you up on your offer!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:14 AM
EvoM Guru

no not the throttle maps

email me - and then I can hook you up

myname@gmail.com
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey now ... it isn't polite to keep secrets!!! We are all interested in this tephra ...
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:42 AM
EvoM Guru

well if it tests ok I can post it up
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds good, I'm playing with a friend's MR right now so good tweaks are welcome!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tephra
email me - and then I can hook you up
sent...

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:45 AM

noob question... so if i turn off ASC and set to S-Sport... what happens? ... scare the neighbor's cat to death or activate ejection seat?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:00 PM
EvoM Guru

what do you mean?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 04:02 AM

wow, i guess it was a "pre-noob" question. my understanding is that the sport mode and s-sport mode, raise the rpm level permitted at each gear level. With my auto transmission, i can see when i put it in s-mode the rpm's rise to a much higher level before kicking up to the next gear.

i haven't used s-sport mode because the manual said it is primarily for track driving rather than street. i also read somewhere that by disengaging the ASC, there is a a sequence used for launching the car. so i am wondering if disengaging the ASC and setting to s-sport results in a 'launch' -- i.e. high rpm in 1st or 2nd gear, producing a lot of torque, combined with no ASC = What exactly in a AWD Evo?

Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Summit1
wow, i guess it was a "pre-noob" question. my understanding is that the sport mode and s-sport mode, raise the rpm level permitted at each gear level. With my auto transmission, i can see when i put it in s-mode the rpm's rise to a much higher level before kicking up to the next gear.

i haven't used s-sport mode because the manual said it is primarily for track driving rather than street. i also read somewhere that by disengaging the ASC, there is a a sequence used for launching the car. so i am wondering if disengaging the ASC and setting to s-sport results in a 'launch' -- i.e. high rpm in 1st or 2nd gear, producing a lot of torque, combined with no ASC = What exactly in a AWD Evo?

Thanks.
I'm so f'ing confused right now... What are you talking about? And who EVER uses the automatic shifting? Unless driving in the city, being lazy using "Normal"-Auto?

For your first paragraph, that is correct: SHOULD you leave it in auto, the shift point changes to a higher rpm...

Second paragraph: What's torque got to do with ANYTHING? What's your post got to do with anything in THIS thread? Why did you not read up on ASC via a) google, b) user manual c) evolutionm.net? Ditto for launch control? There is way more in depth answers in dedicated threads than anybody could give you here? In a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with what you seem to be interested in?

It's just all so random, I'm so confused!

Quick Reply: How to get the same throttle response from "Sport" to "Normal" mode?