Notices

Upgraded clutches on tc sst through mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgraded clutches on tc sst through mitsubishi

Last edited by Mazzab; Apr 20, 2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Want to delete thread bc I feel the info the Mitsubishi tech gave me was false info, incorrect post
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:18 AM

Oh please do expound on this.....subscribed!!!!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

they'll probably charge you an arm and a leg to install it. and if something goes wrong, they'll charge you an arm and a leg to put the stock clutches back in and try to get warranty claim on it... sounds almost shady...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:24 AM

I agree they will probaly charge me an arm an leg for install, but if this is true it could be great. This dealership also does K&N intake Buy/install and will cover all warranty claims. Apparently, they already did the clutches on some guys RALLIART. The tech seemed really cool. When we did my tranny fluid/filter change I asked to hang out in the garage and he tore the tc sst apart and showed me how everything works. It sounds to good to be true and you are correct that the clutches wouldn't be covered under warranty but He "said" (whether it will up hold on not) that if he does the clutch packs other parts of the drive train warranty would not be affected just the clutches wouldn't hold a warranty. I'm not as concerned and worried about the warranty if I'm upgrading the transmission, because that's the risk we take, I'm more excited that techs and garages ( atleast a few) are competent with the tc sst and wanna work with customers who like to get the most out of the cars they love
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mazzab
I agree they will probaly charge me an arm an leg for install, but if this is true it could be great. This dealership also does K&N intake Buy/install and will cover all warranty claims. Apparently, they already did the clutches on some guys RALLIART. The tech seemed really cool. When we did my tranny fluid/filter change I asked to hang out in the garage and he tore the tc sst apart and showed me how everything works. It sounds to good to be true and you are correct that the clutches wouldn't be covered under warranty but He "said" (whether it will up hold on not) that if he does the clutch packs other parts of the drive train warranty would not be affected just the clutches wouldn't hold a warranty. I'm not as concerned and worried about the warranty if I'm upgrading the transmission, because that's the risk we take, I'm more excited that techs and garages ( atleast a few) are competent with the tc sst and wanna work with customers who like to get the most out of the cars they love
Why was he taking the tranny apart to do a fluid change? Its 3 bolts on the bottom plus the filter.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

the good news: you found somebody who knows how the sst works and can install the clutch packs. AND its a dealer who is willing to defraud mitsu into a warranty claim if anything happens

the bad news: its 10000% not up to this guy whether or not mitsu corp will fix this tranny. mitsu corp WILL ask for pictures to see if your car was modified. mitsu WILL send a regional service rep to validate this kind of warranty claim. the SST is not serviceable, NO reason whatsoever for that tranny to be opened. if they find evidence of this, they WILL deny warranty claim.

the dealer is just making a buck installing the clutches. its cool if they are willing to put it back to stock for warranty if need be, but dont take his word for it when it comes to warranty claims. its mitsu corp that decides if they will warranty the tranny. would they know the tranny was modified, if the dealer does a good job putting it back to stock? who knows...

the bottomline is if you crack that tranny open, you risk your warranty being voided. even if its from a dealer, that tranny is not serviceable, he has no right to open it. if you go into it knowing full well mitsu may void your warranty, then cool. the dealer is on your side and that's super cool. but he isnt the one making the decisions...

Last edited by madfast; Apr 19, 2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
Why was he taking the tranny apart to do a fluid change? Its 3 bolts on the bottom plus the filter.
I asked him to show me
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:19 PM

I also realize that the warranty is skeptical, but I just like that fact that someone is knowledgeable about my car