Notices

Tuned SST issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuned SST issues

I have just had installed the SSP 600 kit to my SST evo X- UK model.

Running kelford cams
AMS intercooler
FP Red
1000cc injectors
Fully forged engine etc etc

Ecutek remap

We are having issues with driveability- if you are slowly accelerating in normal or sport modes. auto or manual, the revs rise in 500 rpm increments.
If you are cruising along at a set speed then the revs rise and fall 400-500 rpm, but speed stays constant. This is very annoying, its almost as if the clutches are clamping then releasing then clamping.

Supersport mode is fine, but the changes are too harsh and it jerks badly at lower rpm changes. Full WOT gearchange in SS is ok.

The gearbox has been stripped and rebuilt using new clutch packs so we are 100% gearbox mechanicals are fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 9, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like the SST realted tables need to be tweaked... torque request etc etc. It's been almost 2 years since I looked at an updated set of EcuTek maps.... Back then they did not have the required tables defined. Not sure about now. Your tuner needs to contact EcuTek about getting access to the SST related tables.

The other option is to pull the current rom with an openport 2.0 cable and see if you can work with Bryan (RazorLab) or One of the other tuners that has access to the SST tables. In fact, this may be your only option.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

i think i would second that. MAD is on the right track, sounds like ur tables are all fudged up. And i think ur going to need someone with some brains on this matter when dealing with that. Hopefully u can either PM them or they will read the post