Notices

TCU Updates?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCU Updates?

I was checking to see if anyone knows of any updates on the TCU crack? Also I know a MR tranny will work in a RA but is there just a way to swap the TCU to get Super sport mode? Or is there any way to program it into the RA TCU? Even after my tuner adjusted the tables (the same tuner that tuned the SSP Evo with the clutch upgrade)my clutches seem to be disengaging at WOT. I am getting tired of not being able to use the power I got and I am thing a GSR tranny swap is going to be the only way but I really dont feel like paying for all of that unless I am left no other choice.

Last edited by bsvaton; Oct 9, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

With all of the headaches the sst gives everyone it might just be easier to swap the transmission for a 5spd. I have about 6k ready to upgrade everything in my sst but if it ends up breaking that's 12k down the drain, I wonder how much it would cost to swap out the trans.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Who is tuning your car? Your clutches should not be slipping or opening at 320wtq, that just doesn't make sense...?
Post up more specific info of what is happening (i.e. is this an issue when trying to shift; is this when you mash the gas and nothing happens due to clutches opening).
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, and if you are thinking of doing a tranny swap, you might as well just trade in for a GSR. The positive equity will probably be in your favor for an '09
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Oh, and if you are thinking of doing a tranny swap, you might as well just trade in for a GSR. The positive equity will probably be in your favor for an '09
I saw a GSR tranny online for 1500. If I would have used the money I already have in the TC-SST I think it would have been better and cheaper. The clutches I bought were 1500 which I could have used to by the tranny, the labor to put them in was a 1000 which would probably be the labor to put in the GSR tranny, the only thing I would need to price is interior center console. I would really love to go back in time about a year ago and went that route instead. I figure if I find the right buyer I can sell the used TC-SST to pay for the interior pieces and extra money for misc items. I will eventually do this within the next 2 years though if the TCU is not figured out. Unless someone wants to trade my car for a GSR model, but I dont see anyone doing that unless the GSR is basically stock.