Notices

All About SST Fluid

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats right, and the ford and volvo fluids are exactly the same.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 06:38 AM

Here`s proof
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Getrag_TG (dragged).pdf (1.00 MB, 0 views)
Old Apr 27, 2014, 05:51 PM

there are two major variants of the ford-getrag dual clutch trans, the dct450 and the dct250. usdm only gets the dct250. unlike the dct450, the dct250 is a dry clutch design so the ford fluid does not have the requirement to be both a gear oil and a clutch oil. be careful, because if you go to a ford dealer and ask for their dct fluid (which is brown in color vs. green), you're not getting anything near diaqueen sstf-i.

q.v.
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Ford-XT-11-QDC-Clutch-Transmission/dp/B00BNVK974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398645426&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcraft+dual+clutch http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Ford-XT-11-QDC-Clutch-Transmission/dp/B00BNVK974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398645426&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcraft+dual+clutch

as for volvo, their dct450 is also not a usdm option. so no reason for a volvo us dealer to stock the green volvo fluid.

conclusion, not worth searching all over creation. just stick with mitsu diaqueen sstf-i. even if you can find a $75 price price saving going non mitsu, that comes out to $0.0025 cents per mile. such a small amount to pay for knowing it works and rolling the dice.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 08:03 AM

EXACTLY.
Originally Posted by bellacotim
there are two major variants of the ford-getrag dual clutch trans, the dct450 and the dct250. usdm only gets the dct250. unlike the dct450, the dct250 is a dry clutch design so the ford fluid does not have the requirement to be both a gear oil and a clutch oil. be careful, because if you go to a ford dealer and ask for their dct fluid (which is brown in color vs. green), you're not getting anything near diaqueen sstf-i.

q.v. http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Ford-X...ft+dual+clutch

as for volvo, their dct450 is also not a usdm option. so no reason for a volvo us dealer to stock the green volvo fluid.

conclusion, not worth searching all over creation. just stick with mitsu diaqueen sstf-i. even if you can find a $75 price price saving going non mitsu, that comes out to $0.0025 cents per mile. such a small amount to pay for knowing it works and rolling the dice.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:56 PM

bookmarked!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 04:03 AM

I suppose it depends which part of the world you live in, but the right ford fluid offers a big saving here.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 05:29 PM

Bump

Bump**

I'm looking to change my filter and fluid for the cheapest price, not through a dealership. 2010 ralliart 63000km and I live in Ontario canada

Please help
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any good mechanic shop should be able to do it, but you'll need to provide them with:

Proper draining procedure
Proper fill procedure
Proper fluid level check procedure

You can find those procedures on Evo forums or the internet.

There are SSP and Dodson Filters and get 7-8 Litres of OEM SSTF-1 fluid.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Vegeta_Ra
Bump**

I'm looking to change my filter and fluid for the cheapest price, not through a dealership. 2010 ralliart 63000km and I live in Ontario canada

Please help
Use only OEM fluid. The fill is the hex plug under the battery area of the Ralliart. 2010 should have 3 drain plugs (some late 10s might only have 2), also hex plugs, and the fill plug and drain plugs are exactly the same. Torque on the plugs is 24 lb/ft +/-1. O-ring on the filter housing is re-useable. Transmission wet fill is 6.5 liters, and does not include the cooler, which does not drain with normal service. The proper fill procedure is known quantity, which means measure it out and put it in. Part number for the correct fluid is C0002610. Torque on the filter housing is only 132 in/lbs. Basically snug tight, since the O-ring seals it.

Kozmic sells the filters also. I don't think I can link on this account without getting dinged. Fred Beans is usually cheapest place to buy the fluid without a deep wholesale account at Mitsu, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

If you can change your own oil and battery, you can change the fluid on your transmission yourself too. Trying to save money on fluid is really expensive so use the OEM fluid, no matter how much it hurts.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kozmic27
Use only OEM fluid. The fill is the hex plug under the battery area of the Ralliart. 2010 should have 3 drain plugs (some late 10s might only have 2), also hex plugs, and the fill plug and drain plugs are exactly the same. Torque on the plugs is 24 lb/ft +/-1. O-ring on the filter housing is re-useable. Transmission wet fill is 6.5 liters, and does not include the cooler, which does not drain with normal service. The proper fill procedure is known quantity, which means measure it out and put it in. Part number for the correct fluid is C0002610. Torque on the filter housing is only 132 in/lbs. Basically snug tight, since the O-ring seals it.

Kozmic sells the filters also. I don't think I can link on this account without getting dinged. Fred Beans is usually cheapest place to buy the fluid without a deep wholesale account at Mitsu, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

If you can change your own oil and battery, you can change the fluid on your transmission yourself too. Trying to save money on fluid is really expensive so use the OEM fluid, no matter how much it hurts.
What's wrong with using the check level method of filling the SST?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 03:20 PM

Perfect.
Originally Posted by kozmic27

Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roen
What's wrong with using the check level method of filling the SST?
The reason that method is not called out in the Evolution manual (it is in the Outlander) is because it is very difficult to meet the time criteria due to the more difficult access to the plug. It is faster to do known fill on the Evolution and Ralliart.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Ignoring not meeting the time criteria, is it a valid way of refilling the SST to the proper level?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roen
Ignoring not meeting the time criteria, is it a valid way of refilling the SST to the proper level?
Yes, since the transmission is exactly the same except for the gear ratios.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 08:38 AM

So what is the verdict on the Ravenol fluid?

Quick Reply: All About SST Fluid