Notices

All About SST Fluid

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by evotyson
man i just got off the phone with ford... i gave him the part number and he had no clue what to do. haha but just talked to mitsubishi dealer cost $160.00 for the filter and $147.00 for the oil.
its worth checking into the other oils
Get 8quarts of this!
Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I just found Pentosin for $14.88/L + shipping @ RAI Motorsports

http://www.raimotorsport.com/Pentosi.../g052182a2.htm
And then SSP inline reusable filter! What the dealer quoted you was 4qts and u need 8qts! I paid $142 shipped to the house and $130 for the reusable filter +shipping! So u just saved $147 on oil and about $20 on filter!

I just got mine in today and will install it next weekend or maybe even this weekend! Depending on what's going on! Oh yea! I also plan to change it every 15k miles! Reusable filter will save us a lot of money and then we have the oil that saves us $150 each time! So that's a total of $310 of saving the next time I change it!

Last edited by Fuego; Jan 13, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuego
Get 8quarts of this!

And then SSP inline reusable filter! What the dealer quoted you was 4qts and u need 8qts! I paid $142 shipped to the house and $130 for the reusable filter +shipping! So u just saved $147 on oil and about $20 on filter!

I just got mine in today and will install it next weekend or maybe even this weekend! Depending on what's going on! Oh yea! I also plan to change it every 15k miles! Reusable filter will save us a lot of money and then we have the oil that saves us $150 each time! So that's a total of $310 of saving the next time I change it!
This post needs more exclamation points....
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by razorlab
This post needs more exclamation points....
Lol! I think it needs a re edit with more!!! Sorry, I love exclamation point! Lol!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

i wonder their filter might work too.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ak47m203
i wonder their filter might work too.
Doubt it. the oil may be the same, but the trannies are setup completely different.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
Doubt it. the oil may be the same, but the trannies are setup completely different.
If I remember correctly everyone running the SST uses the same filter and fluid.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:54 PM

wow thanks guys.

the ssp i was thinking of getting for sure.

Last edited by evotyson; Jan 13, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

If I remember correctly everyone running the SST uses the same filter and fluid.
I thought he was referring to the Ford filter for some reason.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:02 PM

i had an thought.. i herd when you change transmission fluid a lot it can do damage to o rings in your transmission is this true?

Last edited by evotyson; Jan 13, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone tried this? SSP Evo X MR In-line Reusable Transmission Filter
Does it work as it says because SSP has it for 130 and it's reusable.
i have it, was kinda leery at first about splicing it into the line, but when you have to pay hundreds of dollars for a paper filter i said screw it. But now i kick myself because i see dodson looks like they are bringing out a reusable filter as well, and it appears to fit back into the lil black filter spot like the oem, and not splice into one of your lines instead.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AntiBlitz
i have it, was kinda leery at first about splicing it into the line, but when you have to pay hundreds of dollars for a paper filter i said screw it. But now i kick myself because i see dodson looks like they are bringing out a reusable filter as well, and it appears to fit back into the lil black filter spot like the oem, and not splice into one of your lines instead.

That would be nice! but for now we do what we have to do.

If you remember the details of the install? did you just splice the line and install the filter? or did you remove the black filter spot? I'm just wondering because I'm getting ready to install the inline filter.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

That would be nice! but for now we do what we have to do.

If you remember the details of the install? did you just splice the line and install the filter? or did you remove the black filter spot? I'm just wondering because I'm getting ready to install the inline filter.

Splice the line and install new filter. For the old transmission oil filter, you can leave it in or remove it, but the black canister still has to be screwed back on.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gqracer
Splice the line and install new filter. For the old transmission oil filter, you can leave it in or remove it, but the black canister still has to be screwed back on.
I would think that if you left the filter in it would eventually get to clogged up and retard the flow. That's why I'm waiting for the reusable filter that sits in the stock spot. Makes more sense to me
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Subi.convert
I would think that if you left the filter in it would eventually get to clogged up and retard the flow. That's why I'm waiting for the reusable filter that sits in the stock spot. Makes more sense to me
I would like to wait but how many miles will my car have before the come out with it. I was even thinking to add that filter to help clean even more but I very doubt u will get a clog in the stock spot with out a filter. The fluid that gets to it has already been filtered. So in the future I should have a double filter! I plan to do my changes every 15k miles.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

i went to my Mitsubishi stealership and i **** you not.. they want $900 to change the oil. i almost slapped the man for such nonsense. the 48k km service list he gave me came to $2000 in total (no lies) i can post if need .. i will give the address if anyone wants such a great deal.

Last edited by Jyrk; Feb 1, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Quick Reply: All About SST Fluid