Notices

Right Hand Drive MR Owners: I need some help please

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013 | 08:51 PM

Right Hand Drive MR Owners: I need some help please

All,
I have a LHD EVO X MR that I am thinking about setting up as a track car, or at least more of one. I'm learning to left foot brake, which the MR / SST is perfect for, and I'm trying to get more comfortable. It occurred to me when I was doing some work under the steering column that my LHD brake pedal arm curves INBD from left to right where it attaches to the brake booster / master cylinder to where the pedal actually sits. This curvature brings the brake pedal closer to the gas pedal, allowing a conventional right foot driving style.

But what does a RHD Evo X MR Brake pedal look like? Is it the identical part to a LHD car? Or is it an exact opposite? Or perhaps neither and it is completely different?

I'm thinking if the RHD pedal is an opposite or different part, fitting it on my LHD car might move the actual pedal surface OTBD, away from the gas pedal, allowing a more natural foot / leg position for left foot braking.

So if any RHD MR owners can stick their head down below the steering wheel and describe what their brake pedal looks like, or could post a picture of their pedal it would really help out.

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 21, 2013 | 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

They are the same.
Old Sep 22, 2013 | 09:22 AM

Thanks Kozmic. Have you worked on a RHD or seen one in person? Just wondering how you know they are the same? Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2013 | 07:28 PM

the pedal positions are universal. left for clutch, middle for brake, and right for accelerator, or left for brake, right for accelerator in auto
Old Sep 24, 2013 | 09:48 AM

GP148 - Thanks for your reply. I assumed a RHD car would have pedal positions as you stated: left clutch, center brake, and right throttle. But I wasn't sure that would necessarily mean the actual pedals were identical part numbers. It seems reasonable to me that the firewall and packaging constraints of the engine, steering gear, etc. might require the placement of the brake booster and master cylinder to be such that the brake pedal might actually have to be bent/angled differently than a LHD car, in order to maintain the same relationship / spacing between the pedals.

So does your brake pedal attachment arm angle down and to the right from where it attaches to the firewall and extends down to the actual pedal surface?

Thanks for your assistance!
Roger