Notices

Pentosin FFL-2 maybe not so good for the TC-SST?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pentosin FFL-2 maybe not so good for the TC-SST?

I haven't been back in Evom for a while...

Now, after reading a couple of threads about the TC-SST fluid, and saw Jack's (from Jack's Transmission) input about the FFL-2 fluid, I feel that this issue is a BIG white elephant in the room.

The FFL-2 is not good for the TCU of our TC-SST and may possibly damage it!!!

Better safe than sorry, I'd rather use diaqueens to keep the transmission operating optimally.

Last edited by maramaralula; Jan 19, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:22 PM

I thought it was ok to use FFL-2.....
Old Jan 21, 2014, 07:34 AM

yea, i had Jack replace my clutch because it felt like it was slipping really bad. once everything was done he mentioned that the stock clutch wasn't in terrible condition and he thought it was likely the FFL-2 that caused the problem. the TCU is coated in some gel stuff that Jack thinks will erode and cause shorting problems if anything other than the Diaqueen or the SSP Gold trans fluid is used. I had my shop put the Diaqueen back in the SST. Even if the FFL-2 wasn't the problem, we know that the Diaqueen is going to be a problem (except on your wallet, which i can handle if it means saving my $2000 TCU).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
crazy. I keep seeing more and more threads about peoples trannys going bad with fluid other than the OEM Diaqueen. I wish a lab or someone could tell us the difference between all those fluids. The chemistry behind them or something of value. Clearly it is not the same stuff hence people having issues with their tranny when they dont use OEM fluid.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 01:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The epoxy that holds the magnets to the forks seems to be effected by fluid as well. The only ones I've ever seen actually fall off were not on OEM fluid. That is about as unscientific an observation as it gets. There is one after market fluid on the that seems to discolor the plastic of the magnet holders more than the rest. Getrag also changed the epoxy that holds the magnets sometime after 2010, so hopefully the later ones will have less risk of magnet loss.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kozmic27
The epoxy that holds the magnets to the forks seems to be effected by fluid as well. The only ones I've ever seen actually fall off were not on OEM fluid. That is about as unscientific an observation as it gets. There is one after market fluid on the that seems to discolor the plastic of the magnet holders more than the rest. Getrag also changed the epoxy that holds the magnets sometime after 2010, so hopefully the later ones will have less risk of magnet loss.
Kozmic
I've seen/heard on this forum and elsewhere that SSP Pro Gold is OK for longevity. Do you disagree with that?
I'm sure OEM Diaqueen is best to be safe.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaEvoPusha
Kozmic
I've seen/heard on this forum and elsewhere that SSP Pro Gold is OK for longevity. Do you disagree with that?
I'm sure OEM Diaqueen is best to be safe.
We can not currently confirm any failures being traced back to that fluid at this time.

We only recommend genuine OEM fluid, part number C0002610 at this time. All of our current records were set using OEM fluid. All of our testing is done using OEM fluid.