Notices

About to switch to Pentosin FFL-2...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Holy crap. SST has been around for over a decade. There is literally no reason to gamble with some unapproved fluid. There are numerous reports of people who were foolish enough to try some XYZ fluid in the SST and then had slippage or shuddering or jerking etc. The experts in the auto community such as Jack's and Kozmic say to stick only with the OEM fluid. Anyone still trying to save 5 dollars thinking that they will get away with it, is the type that just HAS to learn the hard way no matter what...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, I'd be willing to bet, IF somehow I could get the fluid locally or within a few hours in Germany the cost would be 5 times what I'd pay in the US. For some reason these people pay astronomical prices for oils and fluids. But I will try to contact the guys in the UK to see if they can send me some and how much. I might even try to talk to Customs here on post and ask if I could receive the fluid in my mailbox. But they're saying nothing flammable...I've heard rumors but haven't actually taken the time to go ask them myself because their operating hours...I'd love to use OEM, but they are simply not available here. It's not about "saving $5."
Old Jun 25, 2019, 09:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by ultm8mind
Actually, I'd be willing to bet, IF somehow I could get the fluid locally or within a few hours in Germany the cost would be 5 times what I'd pay in the US. For some reason these people pay astronomical prices for oils and fluids. But I will try to contact the guys in the UK to see if they can send me some and how much. I might even try to talk to Customs here on post and ask if I could receive the fluid in my mailbox. But they're saying nothing flammable...I've heard rumors but haven't actually taken the time to go ask them myself because their operating hours...I'd love to use OEM, but they are simply not available here. It's not about "saving $5."
I have a really hard time believing you can't take the part number to a mitsu dealer and get the fluid.

Or set up a PO box and have fluid shipped there. It sounds great to save money on aftermarket fluid. Until it ruins the trans so you have replace/rebuild the trans AND purchase OEM fluid anwyays..
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:20 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I remember reading that Castrol Bot-341 was what dealers in Europe would get for the SST, might be worth looking into also.

The following users liked this post:
ultm8mind (Sep 24, 2019)
Old Jun 25, 2019, 03:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
That's because that is the non-private label fluid that Castrol puts in diaqueen bottles for mitsu. It's what Rossport sells as SST-F as well.
The following users liked this post:
ultm8mind (Sep 24, 2019)