Notices

MitsubishiParts.NET | Planted Seat Bracket Technology

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RussellM
Ive already emailed them and Ill let you know as soon as I do. Im following the thread you started.
Thanks, Russell!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Ive already emailed them and Ill let you know as soon as I do. Im following the thread you started.
I started a thread on Evo X Forums (didn't realize you guys weren't a vendor there ) and in total we have 23 people (as of this post) who've expressed interest. Considering these are just people who've come across the thread and posted, I think it would be reasonable to expect to move about 50 of these without a problem. Assuming they sell for $140, that's 50 x $140 = $7000. And people are expressing interest in both driver AND passenger side brackets! Hell, I may go out and see I can have these made on my own!
Old May 2, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

27 people and counting...

Any word from Planted?
Old May 10, 2012, 12:02 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We just received our Planted Seat Bracket Floor Display. If you are local stop in to our Nissan Store (where do have our meet each summer) and check it out. This way you have an opprutunity to see a seat mounted to the bracket and will be able to see the quality put into these. Ill get pictures up very soon!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Any shots of these mounted in an Evo?

When you say they are not making a low bracket, does that mean that this is designed for roughly stock height?

thanks
john

You have not answered this question yet.

So these brackets are stock height?
Without this question answered then there is NO POINT in anyone buying these.

Let me ask again. Are these lowered in height? How much lowered?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
I started a thread on Evo X Forums (didn't realize you guys weren't a vendor there ) and in total we have 23 people (as of this post) who've expressed interest. Considering these are just people who've come across the thread and posted, I think it would be reasonable to expect to move about 50 of these without a problem. Assuming they sell for $140, that's 50 x $140 = $7000. And people are expressing interest in both driver AND passenger side brackets! Hell, I may go out and see I can have these made on my own!
Having 23-27 people interested in a product does not "reasonably"extrapolate to ~50 paying customers.

You are also assuming their selling price.

I'm not sure how you quantify your deductive reasoning or logical leaps of faith, but they are mighty leaps indeed.

Originally Posted by johnnnyjeans
You have not answered this question yet.

So these brackets are stock height?
Without this question answered then there is NO POINT in anyone buying these.

Let me ask again. Are these lowered in height? How much lowered?

There are currently about 3 threads of people wanting to raise their X seats. So the question as I see it, is "what height are these brackets going to put the seats at? OEM spec, higher or lower? If not OEM, by how much are they higher/lower?"

Fair disclosure: I am currently exploring options to raise X seats for a friend, hence my interest in this product. (See what I did there stokEd? I am interested in a product. I dont have enough information about the product to make an informed decision, nor will I send money. But I am interested)
Old Aug 1, 2012, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

I finally installed my seat bracket! Fit is perfect just like OEM. Very nice piece.
[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks Russell!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
I emailed Planted about this. I spoke to them a while back regarding low brackets for the Evos and they stated they had not seen an interest for them. I knew there was and it sounds like its time to see if we can round up enough people who can committ to buying them to get them produced. Ill let you know as soon as I do how many we need to sell to make it happen.
bumping this back up... we (and several others) are in the market for a quality LOW seat rail, lower than what others offer (Sparco, etc).. The only viable options for us (EVO 8/9) look to be buddyclub (too flimsy) and Bride FG (Not readily available here).

What was the final word on this? I'm local as well and was wondering if it would be worth my time/effort to pursue this anymore?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Having 23-27 people interested in a product does not "reasonably"extrapolate to ~50 paying customers.

You are also assuming their selling price.

I'm not sure how you quantify your deductive reasoning or logical leaps of faith, but they are mighty leaps indeed.

There are currently about 3 threads of people wanting to raise their X seats. So the question as I see it, is "what height are these brackets going to put the seats at? OEM spec, higher or lower? If not OEM, by how much are they higher/lower?"

Fair disclosure: I am currently exploring options to raise X seats for a friend, hence my interest in this product. (See what I did there stokEd? I am interested in a product. I dont have enough information about the product to make an informed decision, nor will I send money. But I am interested)
Really, guy?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 4wd4me
bumping this back up... we (and several others) are in the market for a quality LOW seat rail, lower than what others offer (Sparco, etc).. The only viable options for us (EVO 8/9) look to be buddyclub (too flimsy) and Bride FG (Not readily available here).

What was the final word on this? I'm local as well and was wondering if it would be worth my time/effort to pursue this anymore?
a follow up on this... we just met with the guys at Planted and they are hoping to move forward with creating a low(er) seat bracket for the 8/9. They were able to look at the down-low buddyclub rails we have in there now and they think it will be possible to reconfigure they're existing/current bracket design to match, or go even lower (their words). We're taking our car in for test fitting later this week or early next week. I'll keep you posted.