Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Pics From Gingerman

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8usa
I baked my brakes. I stayed out for about 40 minutes at one point and the brakes were working great until they just got too hot (no fade from the Cobalt pads). I pulled into the pits and Perry asked me why I painted my calipers brown. I was like "I didn't, they just got really hot". On one of my friends Sti's the Brembos turned orange.

I waited about an hour, and they worked fine again after they cooled.
What pads were you running? I'm confused, you got pad fade, but then you said the cobalt pads didn't fade. Gingerman was the first track I've been able to fade the Hawk Blues. It must be hard on the brakes.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

The pads didn't fade (Cobalt GT Sports), the brakes just go too hot. Remember I was running continuosly for abit 40 minutes, and they just got too hot after a while. Gingerman a little hard on the brakes anyway.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8usa
The pads didn't fade (Cobalt GT Sports), the brakes just go too hot. Remember I was running continuosly for abit 40 minutes, and they just got too hot after a while. Gingerman a little hard on the brakes anyway.
The pads didn't fade, the brakes just got too hot? That's pad fade. If the pedal comes back after cool down, that's pad fade. If you boil fluid, the pedal goes to the floor and doesn't get better without bleeding. I ran 40 minutes straight at Gingerman too and got pad fade. A nice cool down lap plus a drive up and down the local roads got them back down to normal temps.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gingerman is too short of a course for the brakes to cool. Running at sebring put almost no wear on my tires/brakes, because they cooled to a good temp so quick. at g-man, the brakes got warm the 2nd time i was there, but moreso, the tires were overheated.