Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Pics From Gingerman

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics From Gingerman

A couple of pictures from Gingerman on the 4th of July www.gingermanraceway.com

Enjoy,

Mattj
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

nice pics
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I saw your car there, I was driving the Red Evo. Kinda crowded on that day.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like fun!
Cant wait to take my baby on the track.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fastevo03
I saw your car there, I was driving the Red Evo. Kinda crowded on that day.
The Red one with the dealer plate?

Yes it was packed..........................my student had the new (800 miles) stock black one.

Mattj
Old Jul 12, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

You wuss newbie!
Old Jul 13, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Nice. I'll be up there this weekened with NASA.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Nice pics. I've been at GingerMan several times and it's certainly the most fun I've ever had in my car. I don't have an Evo yet but hopefully I will next summer. The 3-year warranty just expired on my SVT Focus so it's about time for an upgrade. I test drove an Evo yesterday and loved it. I'm curious, what kink of lap times does a stock evo do around GingerMan. I never got any official times in my focus, but a stopwatch has shown sub 1:50. I could probably shave another second or two off, but I don't want any chance of loosing control because there's no insurance when at the track.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ShiftySVT
Nice pics. I've been at GingerMan several times and it's certainly the most fun I've ever had in my car. I don't have an Evo yet but hopefully I will next summer. The 3-year warranty just expired on my SVT Focus so it's about time for an upgrade. I test drove an Evo yesterday and loved it. I'm curious, what kink of lap times does a stock evo do around GingerMan. I never got any official times in my focus, but a stopwatch has shown sub 1:50. I could probably shave another second or two off, but I don't want any chance of loosing control because there's no insurance when at the track.
I've never been there but I've seen a lot of people rattling off times in 1:35 ball park, which isn't close at all to a 1:50.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mayhem
I've never been there but I've seen a lot of people rattling off times in 1:35 ball park, which isn't close at all to a 1:50.
That is about the same as saying "it should run 12s" after you make a 13.40 pass...............

I have been driving there since 98 and have about 5000+ miles in the drivers seat and at least another 2000+ in the passenger seat instructing on Gingerman.

The only lap times I every believe come from an in car timer. The best I have run personally was a 1:34.59 in my Integra Type R and numerous 1:35+.........

I beleive that a modified EVO (brakes, suspension, tires ECT) is cabable of running mid 1:30s, but of the dozen or so I have been on track with non of them have keeped pace with me and I think my car is running high 1:30s (.39s ???)

With that said, I do not have any times with the EVO yet because I have been running the A046 tires..........I will post some times when I get some race rubber and make a few laps.

Mattj
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

The best lap time I got was 1:37:05 with lap timer, it's stock with only front Endless CCR (semi-track) brake pad and rear carbon fiber strut bar. No mod on the engine and suspension. I just had Tein Type RA installed and will go back there again and hope I can shave a few seconds.

Originally Posted by ShiftySVT
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

That pretty much confirms my suspicions that a stock Evo can run GingerMan about 10 sec. quicker than my SVT Focus. That's a huge difference! I've been out there in the rain and the lack of a limited slip diff really hurts me when trying to power out of the tighter corners. I'm sure an Evo would be much better suited to a wet track.

Dropspeed, do you have any plans this summer to go back to GingerMan? I would love to see what an experienced driver can do with an Evo.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dropspeed

Mattj
I meant no offense if the lap time comment. I was just trying to nail down a ballpark time to gauge myself by when I do go.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

how would ya all like to go out there next week (either Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday) for a test n' tune? I'm thinking about it so PM me

btw - Great picks MJ....didn't know you had the splitter and wheels already
Old Jul 14, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Someone PM me next time you guys go, I live at the very top of Indiana and I could easily get there.

Quick Reply: Pics From Gingerman