Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Driving Shoes: Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 07:53 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have EE width feet, and have no problems wearing my Simpson high tops for hours on end. Of course, I still buy longer shoes to compensate because it's hard to find wide shoes nowadays. Still no complaints with the Simpson shoe.

BTW, you should mention what kind of racing you're doing or at least if you need SFI rated shoes or not. Half of the ones mentioned above are not fire resistant, which is fine if you're autocrossing or just doing casual track days and canyon runs. But if you're actually going to do some racing events, the rules might require SFI ratings (Simpson, Sparco, OMP, G-force, and it looks like Alpinestars too)
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driving shoes

sparco rules. best suits and nomex underwear as well
Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

id say go for PUMA...i have the future cat hi and still no complaint
Old Jul 20, 2005, 06:50 PM

http://motorsport.puma.com/

http://puma.subesports.com/

I have a pair of Pumas replicat mids (for karting) and they are awesome, very comfortable and good feel.
The above links are the Puma motorsport stie and a place to buy them, but unless you need nomex fire-resistant protection, you can save a lot of money buy just getting karting shoes which are basiclly the same as the racing ones minus the nomex.

karting:
http://subesports.com/products/?cart...oes&brand=PUMA

Pumas make great racing shoes, they used to work with Sparco to make thier shoes so they do not lack experience. Besides; Michael Schumacher and Ferrari F1 team, Fernando Alonso and Renault F1 team, BMW Williams F1 team, Sauber F1 team, Mitsubishi WRC and Dakar teams, Ford WRC team, and Citroen WRC team all use puma race shoes
Old Jul 20, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

i like the pumas. plus you can wear them around and they look great.. i have replicats which arent hardcore but they are good for autox.. plus look awesome. Future cats look perfect for your needs.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

I like the pumas, but they are a little too thin for heel toe for me, and I personally wear asics ultimate 81s...I think they are supposed to be a running shoe, but the best that I've found
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Pumas work well, but yeah, what sort of racing you doing? Not all of those mentioned are SFI rated. Sparco and Alpine are nice, but I found the Pumas fit the best. Also, G-Force makes shoes, American made, for nice wide feet. Fairly inexpensive, as well.
http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/r...force/gf-shoes
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dropspeed
I have a pair of Pilotis and a pair of Sparcos

The Pilotis work fine, but he don't have the feedback I would like.

I love the Sparcos. The only downfall is the flat bottom walking around in the pits.

Mattj.
I agree, I have Sparco driving shoes. In car, they do what they are supposed to, in the pits, they are flat flat flat.

Moby