Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by offroadr35
of course I'm including things like labor. The car was about 34k out the door. I think Road Race was about 14k for all the engine stuff, tuning, guages, brakes, etc. Then I have the seats which are $2500, full custom welded cage, DMS coilovers and setup, wheels, tires, aero parts, and all the other small things that finish things up. I don't really see why the interior bits would devalue the car seeing as there is major steel tubing welded all through the inside. This is a street legal track car, period.

Come on guys, this isn't a debate here and I'm certainly not trying to rip anyone off. If you're interested, you know the value here. Make me a fair offer and let's make a deal.

-Steve
You need to just stop posting. You are making a fool of yourself. What exactly are "race cams". Something the sales guy told you? Did the salesman also tell you that twin scroll turbo was the same as twin turbo.

The car is cheap to start #1 as a stripped version. #2. I have not heard anything in the posts that justifies $30000+. 325AWHP with intake, MBC, "small cams" and an exhaust, adj gears, ecu flash on pump gas is about $2250.

Hell I would be out of line to ask $50k for my $8k+ base price MR with 400whp+. Put that in perspective.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Either way, For what he is selling, it is a bargain. My '03 T2 Evo has run me close to $40k in parts and labour (and that is not counting recurring expnses like tires and fluids either). For an '05 with all that he has listed, I think he is not being unrasonable. I mean as a racer, I would pro'ly be interested in the car for near $40- 42 k (if I didn't have a track prepped evo already).
Old Sep 7, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

so... can we see this mystery machine?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
so... can we see this mystery machine?

^what he said. I think he's selling a race prepped car, be gentle.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 04:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dapaspy
Either way, For what he is selling, it is a bargain. My '03 T2 Evo has run me close to $40k in parts and labour (and that is not counting recurring expnses like tires and fluids either). For an '05 with all that he has listed, I think he is not being unrasonable. I mean as a racer, I would pro'ly be interested in the car for near $40- 42 k (if I didn't have a track prepped evo already).
So what both of you are saying is that sales tax from the original purchase and fluids such as oil changes, trans fluid, LSD fluid, ACD fluid all should be tallied up and added to the price of the car. Wonderful. Maybe the exchange rate is lower in the Cayman Islands or something. After all a UK Evo MR costs close to $70-80K USD.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

offroadr35... you should realize its already industrial standard the labor does NOT add to the value of the car. i know your trying to recoup the loss but ANYONE can put down 10k and still build the same exact car as yours. your evo is very nice, but its not exceptional. industry standard is: you take the market value minus depreciation, and you add anywhere from 20-50% of the part value. People are laughing because only the ignorant pays YOUR tax and labor from a used car. this is the reason why people restore their cars to stock before selling, they get alot more in return. Should they charge a "returning to stock" labor fee too? haha
Old Sep 7, 2005, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by marks03evo
i dont think its even possible paying full sticker on an RS to pay 34k otd...are you kidding me? where are you pulling these numbers from...
you're right...your post made me curious so i checked the check...$31,894 out the door. Anyway, the total still stands. I have ABOUT 60k in, somewhere on the under side of it though. Regardless, it's not about the money in it, it's about what it's worth now. If you're interested, make me an offer, if not what's your point?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by mifesto
offroadr35... you should realize its already industrial standard the labor does NOT add to the value of the car. i know your trying to recoup the loss but ANYONE can put down 10k and still build the same exact car as yours. your evo is very nice, but its not exceptional. industry standard is: you take the market value minus depreciation, and you add anywhere from 20-50% of the part value. People are laughing because only the ignorant pays YOUR tax and labor from a used car. this is the reason why people restore their cars to stock before selling, they get alot more in return. Should they charge a "returning to stock" labor fee too? haha
you guys obviously have no idea what i'm selling here. Maybe you will understand when I put up pictures. If you can create what I have here for 40k...do it all day and sell them to people.

By the way, race cams are the HKS 280's from Road Race. If you're interested in the engine, ask Road Race themselves. They did all the work and used basically every part they sell. Like I said, I forgot some stuff but gave the basic gist. The car was basically a copy of Robi's and similar to Kent Jordan's before he totalled it.

If anyone knows anyone that is actually interested in the car instead of just mouthing off internet bs, let me know.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 05:57 PM

boy once i get finished replying to all these retarded posts I'll have enough posts to post in the for sale section
Old Sep 7, 2005, 06:07 PM

once and for all, it doesn't matter how much i have into the car. i don't know what it's worth and had to start somewhere with a price, better to start too high than too low. if you're interested, make me any sort of reasonable offer and we'll see what we can do. I'm not looking to make this into a big thing.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

wow, i almost spit my drink out all over the place when i read the price

gl with that dude.

actually gl getting 30k for it
Old Sep 7, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

good luck with the sale...IMO from selling cars in the past and dealing with others who bought or sold built cars, you really cant charge back the next buyer for all the taxes that you had to pay out for parts and shouldn't be charging what you had to pay for labour costs. If you are doing that I might as well buy the parts you listed and build it myself or take it to AMS and have them build me a fully built motor for a little less that what you want. Why don't you try to figure out what you want for the car then add the prices of mods and reduce the price to get to a fair deal for someone. Just a thought and just trying to help you get to a sale quicker.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

ok everyone...sorry to double post but just thinking about this again and looked at what the sparco evo sold for around $54,000 look at the list of mods on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...538751688&rd=1
Old Sep 7, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to let you know with your many posts in a row...I'm pretty sure posts in your own thread don't go towards your over-all number . Anyways, like others are saying...nobody will pay your sales tax, interest, or labor for having the parts installed. Take the sticker price of the car (27,500) minus the depreciation from when you drive it off the lot (3500) and at best add half the total money spent in PARTS. Parts only, NOT LABOR! You'll be lucky to get more than 32,000...you're selling a used, modded, stripped interior car. Stop getting all defensive, the people on this forum know how much used Evos go for...that's why there are so many "back to stock" sales.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Whatta buncha BS. I paid $26,100 for a brand new '04 RS in Oct. last year. I bet my car beats the one for sale here, for less money in MUELLERIZED mods, with the exception that I don't have a roll cage. The price asked is ridiculous. Mods don't add nearly their cost to the value of the car. They DETRACT from it, generally. Get real.

Quick Reply: selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car