Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richard will you sell me your 04 For 12k? I need a dedicated track car? JK

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Whatta buncha BS. I paid $26,100 for a brand new '04 RS in Oct. last year. I bet my car beats the one for sale here, for less money in MUELLERIZED mods, with the exception that I don't have a roll cage. The price asked is ridiculous. Mods don't add nearly their cost to the value of the car. They DETRACT from it, generally. Get real.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:02 AM

stripped out and he wants more still not seeing it.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

u guys are a bunch of **** heads yes the car is over priced it does have good items in it and has been done by a very respectable and good company, road race engineering. you guys dont need to say anything though hes not forcing you to buy his car hes putting it up for sale and if he sees its not selling im sure he'll eventually lower the price untill he finds the right buyer. there really isnt any need for any of this some comments saying yea its too high and what not but not being an a$$hole about it and thats all not all this crap
Old Sep 8, 2005, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by EvOwanKenobi08
u guys are a bunch of **** heads yes the car is over priced it does have good items in it and has been done by a very respectable and good company, road race engineering. you guys dont need to say anything though hes not forcing you to buy his car hes putting it up for sale and if he sees its not selling im sure he'll eventually lower the price untill he finds the right buyer. there really isnt any need for any of this some comments saying yea its too high and what not but not being an a$$hole about it and thats all not all this crap

All i can say is TRU DAT
Old Sep 8, 2005, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

No, he said he didn't know what it was worth, and now everyone is telling him... saving him from the trouble that comes from people who don't know how this whole thing works. You see it all the time, in the back of Grassroots, or in DuPont, wildly overpriced cars that just sit in the classified sections for months and years on end, no one will touch them for the price asked, and it's usually so recokulous that no one will even bother to call and make an offer because the seller is obviously a dreamer with no sense of reality, and who wants to attempt a deal with someone like that?

This is a public forum, anything you post is subject to ridicule. I say release the hounds.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't "release the hounds" but I see what you all are saying. The Sparco evo sold for a pretty penny, as we all know of the car, its mods, been in magazines, track accomplishments, "star" status etc... This price is high, I dont see where the engine is BOMBPROOF, no rods, pistons etc... I would venture to say 30K would be the highest price, but then again, there is a sucker born every minute. no disrespect to the seller. My car with my mods, I would be lucky to get that price!(30K) What did I read?, a 10 second AMS Evo cost 15K above the price the car? Race the car, get a logbook, trophies, magazine write ups in mags etc... and for sure more mods, and then maybe you could get 35-38K. my 2c, re-list the price, or you are open to get "bit" by someone who lets the "dogs out". good luck with the sale!
Old Sep 8, 2005, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Absolutely, if this car had a built/balanced/blueprinted engine, proof of inspection of the cage, poss. logbook, and other things that would more substantiate it as a proven track car, you could ask a little more. Robi could ask that much for his car and I doubt anyone would question it, it's fully sorted and has results to prove it.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I bet my car beats the one for sale here
Richard,
how much are you willing to bet?

n
Old Sep 8, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

I always get myself into trouble when I post after a little libation. He's running the stock turbo. I'm not.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

sorry.. double post
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

I thought you were on stock turbo
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still no pics?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

u can't really expect to break even on the labor man, you're going to take a loss on this, so just deal with that, and expect to break even on what you paid for the RS, which shouldn't have been 34K otd. . .
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe he owes all the vendors money for the parts and labor? I can easily see having that much money in the car. The DMS shocks alone are at least 7k.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

... and all this time i thought after market parts and upgraded made the cars value depriciate

Quick Reply: selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car