Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last month I got the "white bunny" turbo and I'm running 24.5 lbs. of boost.

The car is perfect for me now, I'm not doing anymore mods until I learn how to drive it better.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:17 PM

PM sent
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mifesto
offroadr35... you should realize its already industrial standard the labor does NOT add to the value of the car. i know your trying to recoup the loss but ANYONE can put down 10k and still build the same exact car as yours. your evo is very nice, but its not exceptional. industry standard is: you take the market value minus depreciation, and you add anywhere from 20-50% of the part value. People are laughing because only the ignorant pays YOUR tax and labor from a used car. this is the reason why people restore their cars to stock before selling, they get alot more in return. Should they charge a "returning to stock" labor fee too? haha
I agree...but with just 3 items he's over the 40K line
DMS 50's with the robispec "additions" 6,200.00
(I have run 1:32's in this car at WSIR on 255/40/17 shaved toyo ra1's)
6 point SCCA LEGAL cage 3,000.00 (anyone who does one cheaper is either stupid, foolish, or never done an EVO cage before)
Seats $2500.00

so add full exhaust FACTORY MR ALUMINUM ROOF ACTIVE CENTER DIF LOCKING FRONT DIF BRAKE KIT FULL INTAKE AND EXHAUST AND THE $1,000.00 + in AERO and I think anything around $42,000 is more than FAIR...IT"S THE BEST DEAL FOR A FULLY SORTED RACE READY TRACK DAY EVO OUT THERE!!! These guys haven't even DRIVEN their car!!! They picked it up at the dealer striped the interior took it to RRE for the HP additions. I picked it up @RRE fitted the cage, DMS/suspension and SORTED THE WHOLE CAR OUT FOR PURE TRACK DAY BLISS!!!...I know I know everyone LOVES to go through the JOY of sorting their OWN car out (anyone want my $12,000.00 tire bill for last year learning what works with the EVO???) Drove it to WSIR for a private track day (150mile round trip) with the owners, drove it home added the front bumper and waited for the next track day...I'm going to go check the odo...I think it's less than 1000..
for how the car looks check out nils SWEET robispec EVO THIS CAR LOOKS THE SAME! (with 8.5" RPF1's and 255 toyos) you want the NTO3-m'sWITH 275 toyos add 1200.00 to what ever price you work out with these guys and I'll deliver it so.....
This car hasn't been abused and is as sorted as they come...Pay no attention to the sig at the end of the post lolroflmfao ymmv of course

Last edited by robi; Sep 8, 2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
Absolutely, if this car had a built/balanced/blueprinted engine, proof of inspection of the cage, poss. logbook, and other things that would more substantiate it as a proven track car, you could ask a little more. Robi could ask that much for his car and I doubt anyone would question it, it's fully sorted and has results to prove it.
Robi use all the knowledge gained KILLING his car to provide a FULLY sorted solution for these owners

Someone give me $43,000 for my HAMMERED (but still the fastest) evo and I'LL BUY THIS ONE AND START ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=nils
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I always get myself into trouble when I post after a little libation. He's running the stock turbo. I'm not.
I'll match a FULL of fuel 3000 lb evo with DMS's against a big turbo anytime...or do 1:50's at Fontana ROVAL not impress you?
(Dieters open dif stock turbo AFC GSR with the same aero package and suspension setup this car is running)
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Earlier reference was made to the quick sale of the Sparco EVO. Speculation was that nearly $100K was invested, and, as I recall, it sold for about $57K.

BTW, robi, you promised to give me a driving lesson at Big Willow a few months ago, and then you disappeared. I want my driving lesson.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:05 AM
Former Sponsor

There SAT and SUN with NASA (Dieter and I are currently running first and second in the TT unlimited class) come-on down...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

robi -

Thanks. I will take a rain-check on my robi-spec driving lesson at Big Willow.

I am heading up to Laguna Seca for the Track Masters Racing event this weekend (Sept. 10 & 11). Hope to see you soon.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I bet my car beats the one for sale here
With or without you driving? haha
Old Sep 9, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Track times are one of the most important things to look at when buying a built race car.
I see some track times for OTHER cars being tossed around as a comparison....

but the car for sale still doesn't have any specific times associated with it to justify the value.
Somebody take it out a few times to make the price.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, If only this was posted before I bought my 05 EVO. I would have bought the car but not for 52K, rather about 40K. I would have sold my SE-R Cup car and kept my SE-L daily driver. My SE-R Cup car should fetch around 7-8K even though I have put in it tons of money. You NEVER EVER sell a race car for what you put in it. You will be lucky to get 50% of the value of your investment in a race car. And my SE-R Cup car has some fast numbers:

*Quickest SE-R Cup car at WSIR with 1:36.2 lap time (Set with TCRA)
*Quickest SE-R Cup car at Streets with 1:30.9 lap time (Set with SERCA)
*2nd Quickest SE-R Cup car at Cal Speedway with a 1:59.xx lap time (Set with NASA)
*Two SRX championships
*Two times third place in SR.
*Car was Featured in Grassroots Motorsports August 2004 edition.

The car weighs 2450 lbs with driver and has around 153 WHP.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 09:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Big NASA weekend @ WSIR anyone who wants to look at the car is welcome....Dieter just went 1:30.1 to set fast time of the day today! STOCK TURBO......BUSCHUR HP... TUNING TECHNOLOGIES DYNO and MECHANIC SUPPORT... AND ROBISPECK CAGE, SUSPENSION, WHEELS TIRE COMBO & SET-UP...
IF a prospective buyer comes over from AZ I'll get those laptims everyone seems to think this car wont do...(running a sistercar todayfinalizing the set-up and was doing low 1:31's at stock boost levels and about 325 at the wheels.....)

OH THIS IS NOT A RACE CAR..still"legal still titled 6 year smog.......
Old Sep 10, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

With the exception of the coilovers, I think that the 2500 dollars worth of seats and the 3000 dollar cage is a ludicrous amount of money to asess to a bare-bones car trying to fetch high dollars.

My car has cheap basic street mods, and I can tally them to account for nearly 10k in parts and if I added labor it'd be more. Coupled with the 32k I paid for the car, plus tires, brakes and maintainence items all added in, into my "full street ready modified evo" I'd say 39k would be a good number, if I had smoked a little opium.

The point is, no matter what great things you've done with your car, you'll never get even close to your investment. 20-50% max, no labor, taxes or maintainence charges. So, with that 11,000 dollars in worthwhile investments in parts, less all the money spent on sorting the car out and tuning it for its intent purpose, you can say 5K max on top of a car that is depreciating as we speak, not to mention a car that is so design specific, how could it be anything less than a car thats had a hard life? If it hasn't been run, yes, I understand....but seriously, a 25k used RS with another 10k in mods would yield damn near the same results in the right hands. I just think 40 is too high, maybe 32-38 depending on what the buyer is looking for.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Im sorry, I have to go back and reiterate, I just think that trying to justify the 3000 and 2500 dollar expense regarding the seats and cage Robi mentioned, is difficult. Maybe quite worth it when checking the reputation of the builder, but its not something that the market is humgry for and expecting to get what you paid in return, is not a good plan for good rewards.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

maybe deep down inside he doesn't really want to sell the car... lol

Quick Reply: selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car