Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car

I can't post in the Classifieds here but this could save someone a lot of money from buying a new evo and modding it. I'm flexible on the price...just needed to start somewhere. Robi knows this car inside and out.

ok guys, selling the track car. No expense has been spared to make a super fun, super reliable and super safe track car.

It started life as a 2005 EVO RS. We bought it and literally stripped it the day we drove it home. To date there are less than 1500 miles on it!

We have done a lot to it and I may forget some of the stuff cuz the car has been sitting in the shop for 5 months (no time for track days lately). I'm trying to find receipts, but I'll do my best.

The engine was built to be bombproof. It is still on the stock turbo and has dynoed at 325WHP on 110 @23lbs boost!!

Engine parts:
Race Cams
Cam Gears
Greddy Intercooler
PWR 57mm radiator
680cc injectors w/SAFC and RRE tune
BOVs
Apex'I turbo timer
JIC titanium catback with RRE test pipe and Helix downpipe

Brakes, wheels, tires and suspension:
DMS 50mm suspension Set-up and alignment by RobiSpec
RobiSpec fender rolling for 275 wide rubber.
25mm rear sway/anti-bumpsteer/rear bushings
Enkei RPF1 hyperblack 8.5x17+40 with 255/40/17 toyoRA1's shaved
Stoptech front brake kit (for 17" wheels)

Aerodynamics:
APR wing and side mirrors
CWEST front bumper

Interior:
Fully stripped
Custom Guage Pod with top of line guages (i think they're Greddy's)
Full 6 point rollcage with side bars
Cobra seats (Evolution GT driver, Suzuka GT passenger)
Sparco/Schroth harnesses with camlocks

we stripped a couple hundred pounds off the car and then put another 120 or so back with the cage. It now weighs 2960lbs wet at the last corner balancing.

I'll try to get some pictures by Friday at the latest. The car is white aside from the carbon bits. We have about $60k into it and only one track day on it! This car really is brand spankin new. I have no clue what it's worth so I'll say $50,000 obo.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Why are you selling?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by offroadr35
I have no clue what it's worth so I'll say $50,000 obo.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scot
+1
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Engine parts:
Race Cams
Cam Gears
Greddy Intercooler
PWR 57mm radiator
680cc injectors w/SAFC and RRE tune
BOVs
Apex'I turbo timer
JIC titanium catback with RRE test pipe and Helix downpipe

Brakes, wheels, tires and suspension:
DMS 50mm suspension Set-up and alignment by RobiSpec
RobiSpec fender rolling for 275 wide rubber.
25mm rear sway/anti-bumpsteer/rear bushings
Enkei RPF1 hyperblack 8.5x17+40 with 255/40/17 toyoRA1's shaved
Stoptech front brake kit (for 17" wheels)

Aerodynamics:
APR wing and side mirrors
CWEST front bumper

Interior:
Fully stripped
Custom Guage Pod with top of line guages (i think they're Greddy's)
Full 6 point rollcage with side bars
Cobra seats (Evolution GT driver, Suzuka GT passenger)
Sparco/Schroth harnesses with camlocks

We have about $60k into it and only one track day on it! [/size][/font]
So where does the $60k come from? I guess like $28k from the car but I'm not seein 30 grand in parts on there. Good luck with the sale tho, wish I could have a track only car. And an elise for that matter.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're just playing on the $50,000 part...right? There's not THAT much done to it, you're only at 325WHP, no interior...I'd say $29,500 O.B.O.

Last edited by tke_413; Sep 7, 2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rubelcon
+1
-2 Give the guy a break There is a lot of stuff and virtually no miles on it. Besides, it didn't sound like $50K was set in stone
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tke_413
You're just playing on the $50,000 part...right? There's not THAT much done to it, you're only at 325WHP, no interior...I'd say $29,500 O.B.O.
What he said.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor

good luck getting that much bud..
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

At least they left the thread up here so far. At SoCalEvo he got spanked for posting a car for sale on the Motorsports Forum, and his post was deleted.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

30k sounds close. G/L with sell!
Old Sep 7, 2005, 03:17 PM

guys, i don't have the receipts handy but I believe the number is something like 57000 total into it...and that is getting lots of good deals. Remember things like tax, etc on a new car.

Again, as i said in the ad, I don't know what it's worth so I had to start somewhere. Make a reasonable offer, I won't be offended. The car is basically brand new and well sorted out. For the right person it is a great deal. Is it a 50k car? Probably not. But it's certainly not a 30k car either.

If a moderator would move this to the For Sale section that would be great, or leave it here because it is so specialized. I could go post a bunch of crap messages just to hit the 50 post count requisite, but i'd prefer not to waste my time and yours.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

guys, i don't have the receipts handy but I believe the number is something like 57000 total into it...and that is getting lots of good deals.
I'm just not getting how it cost that much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be mean! Are you including labor costs in there as well? The price of the RS is under 30K, so you're claiming over $27,000 in mods and from what I see listed...it doesn't add up. Plus you have things like a stripped interior that really depreciates the car...even if it is for race purposes (and the RS interior doesn't have much weight to it to start with).
Old Sep 7, 2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by tke_413
I'm just not getting how it cost that much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be mean! Are you including labor costs in there as well? The price of the RS is under 30K, so you're claiming over $27,000 in mods and from what I see listed...it doesn't add up. Plus you have things like a stripped interior that really depreciates the car...even if it is for race purposes (and the RS interior doesn't have much weight to it to start with).
of course I'm including things like labor. The car was about 34k out the door. I think Road Race was about 14k for all the engine stuff, tuning, guages, brakes, etc. Then I have the seats which are $2500, full custom welded cage, DMS coilovers and setup, wheels, tires, aero parts, and all the other small things that finish things up. I don't really see why the interior bits would devalue the car seeing as there is major steel tubing welded all through the inside. This is a street legal track car, period.

Come on guys, this isn't a debate here and I'm certainly not trying to rip anyone off. If you're interested, you know the value here. Make me a fair offer and let's make a deal.

-Steve
Old Sep 7, 2005, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

of course I'm including things like labor. The car was about 34k out the door. I think Road Race was about 14k for all the engine stuff, tuning, guages, brakes, etc. Then I have the seats which are $2500, full custom welded cage, DMS coilovers and setup, wheels, tires, aero parts, and all the other small things that finish things up. I don't really see why the interior bits would devalue the car seeing as there is major steel tubing welded all through the inside. This is a street legal track car, period.

Come on guys, this isn't a debate here and I'm certainly not trying to rip anyone off. If you're interested, you know the value here. Make me a fair offer and let's make a deal.

-Steve
i dont think its even possible paying full sticker on an RS to pay 34k otd...are you kidding me? where are you pulling these numbers from...

Quick Reply: selling my EVO RS fully prepped track car