Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

T2 Runoffs National Championship - GRID SET!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T2 Runoffs National Championship - GRID SET!!!

The 3 days of qualifying are over. They set the grid by the best laptime by each driver on any of the 3 days. The final top 10 results from all 3 days of Qualifying is listed below. For those that don't know SCCA's T2 is the closest thing to stock for the cars listed. They basically only allow race tires, brake pads, shocks, open ecu and a few other minor mods.

1. Schotz Camaro Z28
2. Hemmingson STI
3. Hines 350Z Track
4. Knowles Firebird
5. Rosenblum STI
6. Skavnes STI
7. Ziegler EVO
8. Buttermore CTS-V
9. Dean Firebird
10. Boden M3 E46

Almost exactly 1 second seperate the top 10,, so the racing will be fierce! Turn 1 could be awesome with the good brakes of the STI and 350Z.

I just wish speed wouldn't wait forever to air it!
Old Sep 22, 2005, 01:19 PM
djh
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrummi
Almost exactly 1 second seperate the top 10,, so the racing will be fierce! Turn 1 could be awesome with the good brakes of the STI and 350Z.
I'm going Saturday, so I'm looking forward to some Evo/STi action. But T1 is not a hard braking zone, it's very fast. T7, the right hander at the end of the back straight, is where the hard braking and best passing is. But I've seen some crazy, through-the-grass moves in Madness!

Dave
Old Sep 22, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

hi.

just wondering what the laptimes were like in the top ten?

thanx

todd
Old Sep 22, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Which track are they running?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 06:51 PM

They actually start the cars on the back straight,,, not the front straight... So on the first lap the first turn after green(rolling start) is the right hander,,, maybe turn 3 or 4,,, I think its the same turn you are talking about because its the first turn after the longest/fastest straight....

The track is Mid-Ohio....

Lots of records were broken in qualifying this year in t2,,, poll was a 1:38.34,,, 10th was a 1:39.39.... the STI in second was only back less than .1 sec from the camaro.

Corvette ZO6's and Vipers are in T1 class,,, they run 1:32.xx