Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Video -- Kent Jordan kickin' butt at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nils
nice to finally see a vid from the Mueller car.

Time to play with bigger kids.....

Fantastic Job to Kent and the team. I think they know it's time to "play with bigger kids"...this season has been about development, both of the driver and the car, of getting things sorted. Both John and Kent demonstrate the sort of competitive integrity that will demand that they take some sort of step up. It will be interesting to see what that step or development is.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

what kind of HP does that evo make? what does it weigh with him in it?

thanks
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hagakure
I think they know it's time to "play with bigger kids"....this season has been about development, both of the driver and the car, of getting things sorted.

really? you think....

n
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

that video was BAD AZZ
Old Oct 10, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wtz
No offense to Kent, but that's not racing. ITE in the fastest car is just shooting fish in a barrel.
Cheers,
Not shooting fish, shooting Vipers instead. Having the camera show only the view out of the front of the car is quite misleading, as one never sees the Viper that kept pace after Kent passed him at the start. We did not have the fastest car, but we found a way to win all 3 events that weekend, by having superior preparation and strategy. We did out qualify the fastest Viper by 15 hundredths of a second for the Sunday races, again using our strategy and tuning to beat both snakes down.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
why didn't he qualify by the way? Is it too much hp vs the field? nice vid though and win
We had a bolt back out of our turbocharger, so we chose to not qualify and start at the back of the field rather than risk burning the car down due to the exhaust leak.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scot
what kind of HP does that evo make? what does it weigh with him in it?
thanks
Over 430 at the wheels, cars weighs 3300 pounds with driver and full of fuel.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

All great Vid, looks like the car is really dialed in.

And John I totally agree, racing is 80% prep 15% strategy, and 5% luck.

Most everything else, will fall into place, if you have everything else taken care of.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
All great Vid, looks like the car is really dialed in.
And John I totally agree, racing is 80% prep 15% strategy, and 5% luck.
Most everything else, will fall into place, if you have everything else taken care of.
Most people who have not spent 10s of thousands of dollars racing underestimate how much of an achievement it is to finish every lap of every race for an entire season with a car that is as complicated as an EVO is. I am very proud of my people here at our shop for the quality of their effort throughout this season, and even happier with the development of our rookie driver, Kent Jordan, who has been racing for almost one calendar year.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i want my JIC's to be MUELLERIZED!!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

The car looks great and sound great... But honestly, no glory in finishing 1st with that kind of competion... Rx7's... Miatas... And for the finish a fat 928
Old Oct 10, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by john@rre
Most people who have not spent 10s of thousands of dollars racing underestimate how much of an achievement it is to finish every lap of every race for an entire season with a car that is as complicated as an EVO is. I am very proud of my people here at our shop for the quality of their effort throughout this season, and even happier with the development of our rookie driver, Kent Jordan, who has been racing for almost one calendar year.
John congrats for the win and Kent AWSOME job in driving, NO JOKE!! Lots of people out there with Evos have no idea what the car is capable of on the race track, other than just drag racing. I couldn't have put it better than how you explained it John, once again great job and thanks for the video guys.

By the way that is one HELL of a rookie driver.

Also, these aren't just hondas, miatas and 928's, there were also vipers, evos and a well prepped e36. E36's are NO FREAKING joke at the track!! Also, those little hondas and miatas are the ones that can really put a hurting. Weight to ratio/ horsepower, combined with a mean A$$ suspention, PLEASE!!! They are nothing to sneaze at. Anyone who says otherwise, I'll like to see them even try to accomplish what RRE has accomplised...........

Keep it up RRE!!!

Last edited by DrEvo; Oct 10, 2005 at 09:16 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoundPro
The car looks great and sound great... But honestly, no glory in finishing 1st with that kind of competion... Rx7's... Miatas... And for the finish a fat 928

I guess haters have to hate huh?
You have no freaking clue as to what you are talking about.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by john@rre
John - I have begun to understand what you mean, and I have benefitted from Kent spending "10s of thousands of dollars" on developing his RRC race car. I have to second your Kudos to the RRC team, especially Justin, who works on the race car when it is at the shop, and then stays home while you, Kent, and the rest of the team go racing, so that other customers like myself get taken care of.

Kent's accomplishments as a driver, as well as yours as team captain, chief strategist, driving coach, etc. etc. etc. should be appreciated by all here.

Now I need to go wash whatever this brown stuff is off my lips.

Quick Reply: Video -- Kent Jordan kickin' butt at Laguna Seca