Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Video -- Kent Jordan kickin' butt at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2005, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree with RoundPro.....this particular race was no real accomplishment........no pass was even close to tough.........

Originally Posted by hagakure
I guess haters have to hate huh?
You have no freaking clue as to what you are talking about.
I think they have raced against more normal competition though... vipers, etc... and won....much better than beating up on 200whp S2000's and 130hp rx7's
Old Oct 11, 2005, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

great video
Old Oct 11, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by john@rre
Over 430 at the wheels, cars weighs 3300 pounds with driver and full of fuel.

wow... I thought those numbers would be different.

n
Old Oct 11, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nils
wow... I thought those numbers would be different.

n
curious...what were you expecting?
430 to the wheels is easily in excess of 500 crank HP. Kent weighs about 245, fuel is heavy. even with weight reduction you have to add for the cage, the huge wheels and tires (305 Hoosiers), etc. the power to weight ratio is still a favorable one.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 09:35 AM

You mean the "fat" 928 that is runnng the same times as some of the worlds best drivers in equally prepared 996 porsches, 350z's, new M3s, 400hp firebirds, new factory race car mustangs with the race crate engine, etc etc. (ie Auberlin, daren Law, justin Marks, etc etc) all of these cars run with a factory rating of around 330 to 350hp and are allowed some types of mods like headers or ecu changes. weights are about the same. ( ie my 928 is rated at 312hp and has a set of headers, no ecu changes)

so, when you see a car like kents, you understand that it clearly is at a prep and performance level of the new vipers, maybe almost to the comp coupe level now.

Kent and Johns work have clearly shown as the car and the driver are improving on a month to month basis. No need to bag on the competition. The M3s are running 285hp at the rear wheels , slightly less than the 928 but at a lighter weight. In the following race, not on this video (race 2) the vipers were very close, as kent had a tough time winning that race. had Dearing not had a mechanical or noise violation, he would have won in the GTS viper. the 2nd place viper was a driver also with rookie status and having a great race with kent, where kent came out on top making less mistakes and running times in the 1:37-8 range.

you want to see kent car have some competition, he should either bring the car back to its orignial HP of 330 at the wheels or show up at a SpeedGT race and see what other cars with similar mods can do. Just for refererence, an old 928 with the same mods and configuration as my car withe stroker engine, ($17k installed) runs 1:35-7s all day long at Laguna.

Also, The little acuras from real time racing were running as fast as Kent, and those are the speed touring cars!!! (driven by some top drivers , Cunningham, Curren and new rookie Branden Davis and Nick A.) anyway, in the race, those guys run 1:38s in a sub 300hp car, but real light. The pack i was in for race 2-3 was a couple of Speed Touring cars, one a $120k per copy BMW driven by John prall. we had a gas of a race, and i just happened to come out on top. our cars were pretty evenly matched. that field was pretty packed and its too bad a couple of spots up, kent didnt have the other viper to race with. anytime you have a race and a group of 4 cars exchange the lead once in the race, you have an awesome racing experience. Kent could have had 3 cars up front, while we had the 4 just behind. (2 M3s, 2 speed touring cars , acura and BMW and myself in the "fat" stockish 928)

speedGT cars run 1:32-3ish, including some of the new viper drivers to the series.
this is where kent will have to be to be competitive in a class that his car fits now!

mk

Originally Posted by RoundPro
The car looks great and sound great... But honestly, no glory in finishing 1st with that kind of competion... Rx7's... Miatas... And for the finish a fat 928

Last edited by zanick; Oct 11, 2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

I thought the car would be lighter, but didnt know kent weighed in at 245.

n
Old Oct 11, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Kents awesome.. everyone who has been coming out to watch loves the events... they are fun, pretty laid back, and kents and awesome guy.. not to mention the rest of the team....so when is it time for speed world challenge? : ) ... I kinda
Old Oct 11, 2005, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

guess some people already beat me to it... but he used no skill to pass... just used pure power..

he was very unsmooth and inconsistent
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Haha Leh I'm glad you were the first to say it. And just before they start talking any ish regarding your driving ability want to post some GT3 footage? He is being very rough and inconsistent behind the wheel. Especially under the brakes and downshifting.... ITE is simply building the fastest cars within the rules, you know that if you want to brag about racing you should at least have competition, in that class there is clearly none.

Scorke

Last edited by scorke; Oct 11, 2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

But above all that, that Evo is still a very fast car. I noticed that Kent did try to cut some corners but going onto the dirt. I know once in awhile it happens but to see it almost at every corner? Maybe its just the way the editted the video, who knows? Nevertheless, good job and props.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

well the name of the thread shoudl be "kent jorden's 500hp evo kikin lower HP cars butt's on the strates of laguna seca"

not tryign to start anything... but i feel a little frisky today... feel like a webxorz war
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Haha leh I know what your saying, the car is very very fast but a little misleading to those who don't know much about road racing. Bring the STI down to seat-time this friday leh?

Scorke

Here is the vid of this fool driving-

http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/i...edownload/888/
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
guess some people already beat me to it... but he used no skill to pass... just used pure power..
he was very unsmooth and inconsistent
What lap times do you run at Laguna Seca in your EVO?

Kent holds the race lap track record at 1:37.11, and has beat the Vipers, M3s etc
4 consecutive races at Laguna.

We will post some of the other videos from that weekend soon, as far as competition, there is more to watch at the front of the pack in those events.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

i dont have a evo.. i have a STi it has never been around laguna
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
i dont have a evo.. i have a STi it has never been around laguna
So then what, exactly, gives you the authority to talk smack about Kent? You don't know WTF you are talking about.

Quick Reply: Video -- Kent Jordan kickin' butt at Laguna Seca