Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Video -- Kent Jordan kickin' butt at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lemansz
come on guys, lets grow up, and not be afraid of a little internet debate.
the problem is that it's not really a debate, it's more of a one-man ego swelling, nut swinging contest at this point - neither of which any of us here are really interested in, although I'm sure anyone reading this thread might think twice about buying from GSC. Having a big ego might help on the track, but it generally doesn't do much to help generate more business.

Ppl need to park their egos and get back to driving their cars.

l8r)
Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

this is crazy.....

i dont have a big ego... i disagree with what chrono sais. so that makes me have abig ego?

i dont get it
Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

If I understand correctly, kingleh is not the owner of GSC, he just works there (I'm sure he will correct me if I am wrong about that). I wonder what his employer thinks of him alienating the exact consumers they hope to market their products to?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:40 PM
Former Sponsor

yuh i just work there...

alienating?

man u guys are crazy

whats do wrong with disagreeing with someone?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
yuh i just work there...

alienating?

man u guys are crazy

whats do wrong with disagreeing with someone?
Calling your potential customers "crazy" might be considered by some to be an alienating comment.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Calling your potential customers "crazy" might be considered by some to be an alienating comment.

sorry... let me rephrase.

RICHARD.... you are crazy
Old Oct 12, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah right! you will never be anyones 'potential customer' unless RRE burns to the ground.

n
Old Oct 12, 2005, 04:13 PM

I just love this stuff.(as you guys know!!)

thanks

by the way, why would you talk about the 50hp restrictor on a grand am rolex RS, when they dont even run those anymore, and if they do, they got to be equal or less than the power of a stock GT3 cup car. The car i was talking about was the one you were racing at Sebring and it was pretty obvious a GT3RS with ALMS GT2 or no restrictors, right?

anyway, Henzler is the bomb, no doubt, but my racing pal Sofronas has run as fast or even faster in a porsche when he has had very little time driving one in speed GT. He beat Henzler and Liddel this season in a SpeedGT outing! (He usually races bmws) Plus, at laguna with grand am cup, he runs 1:40.5ish, same as i do with the same hp and weight , but my car is 20 years older!!! and so do guys like Darren Law in an even better porsche 996 car! (Have you heard the poor Mk porsche 928 song? " 20 year old car, stock engine, set of headers, no alignment in 4 years, used toyos from the trash, 91 octane gas, sleep at the track in a tent, drive the car to the events, etc etc....")

I think the main difference in Henzler is his track smarts and his ability to learn new tracks almost instantly!

Back to the cup cars and dynos. yes, i thought the speed gt hotrod engine would be worth as much hp as the RS with restrictors for ALMS. probably in the 420 rear wheel range , even without the fancy individual throttle bodies. that works out well from what i see . heck, that close ratio gear box is worth 8% compared to the vets with near 490 at the wheels. Plus, the porsche has braking and cornering down pat, due to hp to weight only being one of the 3 major factors of racing physics. (besides a host of others!)

Back to sebring, i dont think folks understand how bumpy Sebring is. anyone that has watched in car or the final turn, has seen the top cars the world, running as fast or slightly faster than you , getting totallyairborn on that last turn at max G loading!! just awesome to watch. dont think any suspension changes can help that!! Also, the 10 second slower speedGT or other class cars smooth out the equation (surface) quite a bit!!!!

MK

MK

the RS had Grand-Am rolex restrictors in it (a quarter wont fit threw them), so yes its 50hp

2000-2001 cup cars make hi 340ish rwhp

2002 make hi 350ish

2003-2004 make hi 360ish

stock

i dynod 2 cars today.. the RS in the video without the restrictors and with new map from porsche and it made 420rwhp

also dynoed a SPEEDGT car with SPEEDGT hotrod motor and RS intake mani individual throttles and such it made 438RWHP at 8900rpms... pretty sick little naro body car.

Zanik u seem to know ur stuff but....

"that last second" and "second within wolf" is totaly different.

Last edited by zanick; Oct 12, 2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 04:22 PM

This thread is getting off topic. Please return to thrashing the driver. I'm sure he appreciates any and all constructive criticism.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome video.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 04:31 PM
EvoM Guru

this is crazy.....

i dont have a big ego... i disagree with what chrono sais. so that makes me have abig ego?

i dont get it
Saying you are a better driver than me over the internet when you don't even know me....HHHmmm yea, BIG EGO

Also I never stated that I thought I was better than you, that will be decided one day at the track, not here. But I am by trade a professional drive coach, I make people go faster, that is my job. It is not Wolf's job nor is it in his best interest to be too helpful to someone he sees as a potential threat (I just payed you a complement BTW), he is as competitive as a driver gets, that along with a boat load of talent make him win as often as he does. If you are as fast as you think you are there is no way in hell he will tell you anything too useful. I know this from experience, good race car drivers, deep down, are selfish bastards!

I on the other hand...help people go quicker at any level. One example; The owner of At Speed Motorsports won Rookie Of The Year in GT in 2002, when I was at the track with him he would/could run in the top 5, when I was not their he would be out of the top 10 (no kidding). He beat Justin Marks to Rookie of the year with about 1/10 the budget of G&W in the same car (Porsche Cup Car). I was very proud of Bob Miller, he was just out of PCA racing the year before. Enough about how wonderful I am

My ability to coach is not directly tied to how fast I personally am, it is not the issue here. You CAN be faster, you must believe that or you are doomed to stagnate right where you are and you will never beat Wolf. You're attitude you have displayed shows you are very competitive, this is a good thing but your arrogance and cockiness will be your undoing, you have to be humble out of the car this guarantees people will like and help you and you will just get faster and faster. Cockiness and denial...you'll never gain another tenth

BTW I never raced legends, only played with EFR in them at Charlotte (not sure where the racing thing came from). It's also a bit weird/scary seeing so much personal information on the forum even though John took it off the internet, it's only part of my complete Bio. emotion is a large driving company that runs Formula BMW for BMW NA and does "ride and drives" ETC. I have 350 racing drivers (a veritable who's who) that work for me at different events, I was also the chief driving instructor for the Skip Barber Racing School for several years till we formed emotion. there is more but enough already!

P.S. you can PM me if you ever want to talk driving...
Old Oct 12, 2005, 04:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by slider
This thread is getting off topic. Please return to thrashing the driver. I'm sure he appreciates any and all constructive criticism.
good God that's funny kent!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 05:15 PM

well im sorry you feel that way....

watch the video... watch his hands.. watch him shift..... my comment "unsmooth and inconsistent" is tru....

blunt, maby.... but 100% true
Wow a skilled driver, but can't spell worth **** .
Old Oct 12, 2005, 05:27 PM

When I started this thread, it was to get out the news and the video of Kent's latest victory in the ITE Class, which, as far as SCCA is concerned, is a RACE.

I had no idea how many racetrack Prima Donnas there are on this board, who would try to tear down the excellent accomplishments of Kent, John and the RRC Team. One thing's for sure, I will never buy squat from GSC.
ditto.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slider

you are too funny Kent...

n

Quick Reply: Video -- Kent Jordan kickin' butt at Laguna Seca