Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA: What class is the evo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little slow to see your post. I have run www.honda-challenge.com for the past 2 years and finished in 2nd place overall for both years. Last year was out of stupidity on my part that i didn't win, and this year I was 5 points out of first.

Everyone who saw that video agreed that the guy was just mediocre but had incredible power (which is over 430 at the wheels vs 210 that my S2000 puts out)....did you see him roar past the 2 S2000's like they were on 2 cylinders? that takes lots of skill to put your foot down for a straight and drive past everyone...

His lines were horrible, he was all over the damned place. But... he did beat everyone of those RX7's.

I own an Evo and have tracked it. I am not raining on the Evo..... just that one driver and his lack of competition... no skill needed for what i saw.

Originally Posted by jwest
Wow Scot, you sound like you know a lot about racing. What kinda race'n have you done?

It's cool that you think the video makes it look like the Muellerized Evo out powers the Vipers. It makes 430hp and weighs over 3000 lbs with driver. As well, it's true the driver is just coming up on the 1yr mark for having a racing license. There is another thread, on this board where you can give constructive suggestions. (the search function is your friend) or just go back to the honda boards.

The question is, how many officialy sanctioned races have you won in a row?

Great job of trying to hate a successful Evo racing program, ON AN EVO BOARD!

JW