Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA: What class is the evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
SCCA: What class is the evo?

anybody have any info on what class the evo is in the SCCA? or any particular info on our car as per what class it would be stock?

and does anybody know a good place to see track times for evo's in the north east?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road racing or autocross?

I belive in road racing the EVO is in T2, in autocrossing it's classing in AS
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
as in gt2? if so whats the difference between that and gt2s?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

The EVO will fit into the following catagories in AutoX:

A Stock
E Street Prepared (will probably move to BSP next year)
Street Touring Uber
Street Mod
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Kent Jordan runs in the ITE Class in the SCCA NorCal region. If you believe his detractors, ITE is an "anything goes" class. Bottom line -- he beats Vipers, Porsches, Ferraris, BMWs, etc. etc. etc. 11 wins in a row now.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Kent Jordan runs in the ITE Class in the SCCA NorCal region. If you believe his detractors, ITE is an "anything goes" class. Bottom line -- he beats Vipers, Porsches, Ferraris, BMWs, etc. etc. etc. 11 wins in a row now.

You forgot RX7's and other various heaps.

I know I lapped a 1995ish racing viper in my S2000 in a race last fall. So throwing out "VIPER, PORSCHES, Etc...." doesn't mean dick if they can't drive.

A guy in a New Viper GTS race only car (like the one that came directly from Dodge with full racing everything) runs the same day as me at Summit......he is a whopping 2.5 seconds a lap faster than me while running moton suspension. full slicks (HUGE SLICKS) and over 500hp....... my S2000 has 2 year old tein RA's and 210 rwhp and I run DOT Hoosiers.

I would hope there are some decent viper drivers somewhere in California, but just because they have a "VIPER, PORSCHE, ETC...." really doesn't mean that they can drive it.

Watching that video looked basically like he outpowered everyone down the straights. :boring:

Last edited by Scot; Oct 14, 2005 at 06:51 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

hey scot!

i'm leaving for Summit Point in about 6 hours; you gonna be there on sat morning with that baaaaad S2000? my H1 car still isn't ready, so its the PS-1 Probe for me again!

back on topic -- an EVO that is almost all "stock" would run in SCCA T2 nowadays. Kents EVO is way beyond stock, thus the reason for it to run in ITE (i was told a long time ago that ITE stood for IT "experimental" or IT "everything").

i agree, after watching the video (good footage from that camera; good sound, not alot of vibes; nice installation!) that there wasn't much of a battle going on; it was a case of a big dog stomping down alot of other cars without too much trouble..... fun to watch, tho!

if you want to see a battle, check out the link below. this was 3 weekends ago, in the "Stinger" or smallbore race group. my white PS-1 Ford Probe GT vs the top SE-R Cup car in our area. 13 lap race; it was a knife-fight from start to finish; at the finish line, we were separated by 0.16secs, according to AMB.

if you are interested, please right click and saveas (110mb):

http://www.ekrosen.com/SP925.wmv

IT prep SE-Rs go into PS-1 (the Probe Gt's class). the SE-R Cup guys are allowed prep beyond that (extra lightening, cams, computers, etc). i was leading the PS-1 field of cars, but i really wanted that SE-R Cup guy, too!

thats about as tight (and clean) racing as one could ever hope for.... good stuff

our Honda Challenge races out here on the East Coast are typically close and hard fought; we don't really have any "runaway" cars like Kent's in our group.... not that i wouldn't mind driving a dominant car once in a while

well, any of you guys that want to come to Summit this weekend are welcome; i believe that the gate is open; if you want to come down, and they ask you who you are with, just tell them you are crewing for #11 PS-1 Reid! i'll welcome you in my pits!

later
todd
Old Oct 14, 2005, 07:36 AM

What are the guidlines for T2? as in what modifications are allowed, including wheels/tires
Old Oct 14, 2005, 07:50 AM
wtz
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to www.scca.com and download the Touring rules from the GCR.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Additional hijacking.... i will be there very early tomorrow morning.... i may try to sleep in my trailer tomorrow night though.... it should be plenty cool enough for it.

See you there.

Originally Posted by d15b7
hey scot!

i'm leaving for Summit Point in about 6 hours; you gonna be there on sat morning with that baaaaad S2000? my H1 car still isn't ready, so its the PS-1 Probe for me again!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 05:51 PM
SOF
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scot
You forgot RX7's and other various heaps.

I know I lapped a 1995ish racing viper in my S2000 in a race last fall. So throwing out "VIPER, PORSCHES, Etc...." doesn't mean dick if they can't drive.

A guy in a New Viper GTS race only car (like the one that came directly from Dodge with full racing everything) runs the same day as me at Summit......he is a whopping 2.5 seconds a lap faster than me while running moton suspension. full slicks (HUGE SLICKS) and over 500hp....... my S2000 has 2 year old tein RA's and 210 rwhp and I run DOT Hoosiers.

I would hope there are some decent viper drivers somewhere in California, but just because they have a "VIPER, PORSCHE, ETC...." really doesn't mean that they can drive it.

Watching that video looked basically like he outpowered everyone down the straights. :boring:
Well said. Someone make this guy a sticky.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 09:28 AM

Wow Scot, you sound like you know a lot about racing. What kinda race'n have you done?

It's cool that you think the video makes it look like the Muellerized Evo out powers the Vipers. It makes 430hp and weighs over 3000 lbs with driver. As well, it's true the driver is just coming up on the 1yr mark for having a racing license. There is another thread, on this board where you can give constructive suggestions. (the search function is your friend) or just go back to the honda boards.

The question is, how many officialy sanctioned races have you won in a row?

Great job of trying to hate a successful Evo racing program, ON AN EVO BOARD!

JW
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jwest
Wow Scot, you sound like you know a lot about racing. What kinda race'n have you done?

It's cool that you think the video makes it look like the Muellerized Evo out powers the Vipers. It makes 430hp and weighs over 3000 lbs with driver. As well, it's true the driver is just coming up on the 1yr mark for having a racing license. There is another thread, on this board where you can give constructive suggestions. (the search function is your friend) or just go back to the honda boards.

JW
+1
Old Oct 21, 2005, 02:49 PM

JW
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:05 AM

JW

Actually Scot has won somewhere around 8-10 races over the past 2 seasons in a series where there is actual competition! Pretty much the top 6 drivers in his class are within a second a lap or less of each other. Each and every weekend is a tough battle to the finish and honestly I don't think Scot has finished off the podium more then once.

Not taking away from your buddy Kent Jordon with the ITE EVO, but you really can't compare a open racing class that you could just outspend your competition vs. a class with strict car prep rules and min weights.

BTW: What racing experience do you have?

Last edited by 6ghatch; Nov 1, 2005 at 06:30 AM.

Quick Reply: SCCA: What class is the evo?