Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

MUELLERIZED EVO finishes season with 2 more track records

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by v rod
they didn't run the vegas time attack. mike from rre and robert fuller did some testing at smmp for today's time attack at buttonwillow.
Spring Mtn. was a huge mess last weekend. I ran Sat. but went home early, before the Sun. time attack. Track mgt. re-sealed the old part of the track with some really sticky black guck a few days before the event, and didn't allow it time to cure. I was pulling black tarry stuff in 1/4" sheets off my tires all day, with Mike's help. Robi was there too, laughing as is struggled with the tarry mess. J/K Robi.

There were long delays while cars were towed off the messy track and a 1 1/2 hour delay to clean up a little coolant spill because the track was not ready with the right equipment and de-greaser.

Worst of all, a Lotus Elise burned to the ground on Sat. I was stopped at a location on the track near the fire, due to a red flag condition, so I watched the carnage unfold. No one knows the cause of the fire, but the track mgt. didn't even try to put it out, and by the time the local fire dept. arrived, the car was a burnt out hulk.

Last edited by Richard EVO; Nov 8, 2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

guys.. sorry to dissapoint but it appears the GM backed cobalt SS won the time attack. Im not quite sure what the sick feeling in my gut is after hearing that news .. Congrats I guess to corporate america for buying a win.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
guys.. sorry to dissapoint but it appears the GM backed cobalt SS won the time attack. Im not quite sure what the sick feeling in my gut is after hearing that news .. Congrats I guess to corporate america for buying a win.

I'm not sure I understand this. Everyone involved in that time-attack put their best foot forward. That's racing. Why do you think that WORKS had Tarzan driver their car? Just win baby. It's just a car. Cobalt, Evo, who cares? IF it does what it's supposed to do with precision and predictability, it's all good.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

well.. nothing against the guys that worked and drove the cobalt, its just that I would give all the respect to the world from them if it was some tuner shop or privateer that really wanted to prove what they could do with that car.. instead you have goliaths like GM bringing ringers into these competitions and it sorta takes the fun out of it..Works obviously took this competition very seriously, I wish they could have come out on top overall. I guess what im saying is that if GM is gonna be running cars at these events, then maybe mitsu or some of the other import car companies should start running their factory built race cars in these contests.

Originally Posted by hagakure
[/COLOR]

I'm not sure I understand this. Everyone involved in that time-attack put their best foot forward. That's racing. Why do you think that WORKS had Tarzan driver their car? Just win baby. It's just a car. Cobalt, Evo, who cares? IF it does what it's supposed to do with precision and predictability, it's all good.

Last edited by bdking57; Nov 10, 2005 at 08:18 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:07 PM

Hows this for insecurity......... alex will have little chance against the 20 year old bone stock porsche 928 with a set of headers.
Unless he can bring out something like Kents machine!

Bring it!

MK

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Grudge match!!!

zanick's Porsche vs. alex's EVO. Bring it on!!!